MATCH: Altrincham (H) 28/10/23

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They're doing well, Alty, and so they should with the money they've spent. Hopefully we'll react well to the shambles on Tuesday and go on another long unbeaten run...

Have they spent a lot? Genuine question, I really don't know. My next door neighbour is friends with the chairman and has been to a few games with him and for a Man United fan he's fairly knowledgeable about the game and he tells me they play some decent stuff.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

First home game under Mellon, players will have a rocket up them from Tuesday night, comfortable 4-0 home win with a Norwood hatrick. I sound like @Lee Sinnottnow!

Coming from Paisley where my late father came from you can bet they have been told a few home truths and will  do a damn site better.

To be honest I dont see a whole lot changing untill new recruits are brought in . The new manager bounce didnt last as long as the last one, but I expect Mellon to get it right . How quickly depends on who goes and who comes in and how quickly that happens. The last few games have highlighted our weaknesses , teams know what to do against us now. Be interesting to see if Raglan plays at CB or Mcgahey and if he perseveres with Sutton at RB .

4 hours ago, penrhyn said:

To be honest I dont see a whole lot changing untill new recruits are brought in . The new manager bounce didnt last as long as the last one, but I expect Mellon to get it right . How quickly depends on who goes and who comes in and how quickly that happens. The last few games have highlighted our weaknesses , teams know what to do against us now. Be interesting to see if Raglan plays at CB or Mcgahey and if he perseveres with Sutton at RB .

I expect Raglan to come in at CB with McGahey returning to his CDM role. Sutton continuing at RB really depends on Freeman's fitness, or someone new coming in. Don't see much point in swapping in Shelton, one out of form player for another.  

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l thought this was today wn l woke up!!

gutted was gona use the buzz to read my notifications 🙄

try it later

like Flem says, lm expecting a much better performance. asif weve not learned by now not to drop standards.

suppose weve got another day to sign a baller

If there's any budget for any new signings I don't expect MM to rush into anything, particularly given his three year contract, here for the long haul.

Also, not sure what state our scouting network is in given the departure of ST. Having said that I'm pretty sure MM will have kept his eye in and between him and Brabin they must have quite a network at our level. But again, fully expect them to do due diligence before bringing anyone in.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

If there's any budget for any new signings I don't expect MM to rush into anything, particularly given his three year contract, here for the long haul.

Also, not sure what state our scouting network is in given the departure of ST. Having said that I'm pretty sure MM will have kept his eye in and between him and Brabin they must have quite a network at our level. But again, fully expect them to do due diligence before bringing anyone in.

lve not looked at the unnatached list but theres got to be somebody on there. not arsed aboit fitness.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lve not looked at the unnatached list but theres got to be somebody on there. not arsed aboit fitness.

I guess that's the long term vision? Short term, match fitness isn't important. Given RB has been a problem for at least 18 months, if not longer, it's important that we sign the right player on a two year contract to solve the problem. 

2 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I guess that's the long term vision? Short term, match fitness isn't important. Given RB has been a problem for at least 18 months, if not longer, it's important that we sign the right player on a two year contract to solve the problem. 

l still think that guy is Freeman and we need a CM. Freeman six month deal wasnt it? so Eminem will either get the man playing soon or use his wage elsewhere. l want him with us tho. fit and playin l mean.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l still think that guy is Freeman and we need a CM. Freeman six month deal wasnt it? so Eminem will either get the man playing soon or use his wage elsewhere. l want him with us tho. fit and playin l mean.

Freeman is here till Feb (exact date unspecified)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I expect Raglan to come in at CB with McGahey returning to his CDM role. Sutton continuing at RB really depends on Freeman's fitness, or someone new coming in. Don't see much point in swapping in Shelton, one out of form player for another.  

We wont see McGahey I dont think. Mellon said post Fylde that he wasnt due to play and he himself didnt expect to play so will more than likely be rested. That would be the sensible decision anyway.

51 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

We wont see McGahey I dont think. Mellon said post Fylde that he wasnt due to play and he himself didnt expect to play so will more than likely be rested. That would be the sensible decision anyway.

Bit daft him putting him on the bench then

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

In his pre match interview I think I heard him right, saying that Gardner & Ward will be available for selection.

No mention of Freeman and Raglan but surely if fit should be in contention?

I think all the above should be included if they can . Gardner freeman and raglan would change the look of that side . 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/october/27102023-mellon-pre-altrincham/

not too bad staged interview but looks like not allowed to ask about a couple yet so l'll shut up on them now.

either Gardner or Ward (or both) might go straight in to the XI or at least be 'gettin stripped'

looks backward more than forward in this, but does it in a way thats also lookin forward.

the ones that are here have got a chance is pouring an ice bath on transfer rumours if ever you could. and actually may have been said earlier now l type. but anyway it was said! may have been told to have a full look at what he has got. to end this most hypothetical of hypothetical posts thru n thru l'm sayin Shelton may drop completely out of the squad.