MATCH: Altrincham (H) 28/10/23

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Get rid of VAR. Sorted.

Yep. This is my default position despite offering suggestions on how to improve it! It’s been a blight on the game. Controversial human decisions made in the heat of the moment in real time have now been replaced by controversial human decisions that take several minutes with countless slowed down replays. A joke. 

• Like 3

To my mind the whole problem has been caused by media/tv and twats like Lineker, Shearer and Wright. They spotlight the mistakes/alleged mistakes made by officials over and over again and demand that every decision should be 100% correct. Times were when refs and linesmen made on the spot decisions and they were accepted by players. Some you won, some you lost. Decisions were not picked over by "has beens" who wanted to cause controversy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I preferred those days to Carragher and McManaman's never ending highest pitched indignation competition....

These pundits are so bloody perfect!

With all the modern technology they have at their fingertips they are constantly criticising refereeing decisions that have to be made out on the field of play in an instant.

They’re also analysing player’s errors & positioning down to the finest detail.

If they’re so bloody perfect they should have a go at management themselves because no doubt they would ‘piss the league!!’

VAR has massively spoilt the game for the vast majority of supporters!!

4 hours ago, redlion said:

To my mind the whole problem has been caused by media/tv and twats like Lineker, Shearer and Wright. They spotlight the mistakes/alleged mistakes made by officials over and over again and demand that every decision should be 100% correct. Times were when refs and linesmen made on the spot decisions and they were accepted by players. Some you won, some you lost. Decisions were not picked over by "has beens" who wanted to cause controversy. 

Absolutely. 
Problem is if VAR is ditched the whinging will increase. 
I think these discussions between 3 or 4 ex players before during and after a game are a joke anyway and most of them talk bollocks, drawing silly circles around players and blowing out hot air. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lags said:

In the old days we could always console ourselves we were robbed without VTR evidence to dispel it, which was great. Now we just get evidence the decision is open to subjective decisions.......so what was better?

the egg bc there can't be a chicken without it

• Matt unfeatured this topic