MATCH: Altrincham (H) 28/10/23

10 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Another garbage result, well done lads 😔

Garbage? Off the back of a dreadful performance against a team at the bottom, we've fought back to draw against a team in 5th place. Yes, you need to win your home games, but at least this is a response to Tuesday, with players (Freeman, McGahey, Nuttall) who haven't had much match time lately, and a manager in his third game. Patience is needed.

• Like 3

Well that was fucking awful topped off by as bad a referee your ever likely to see at any level, he missed so much I yet was the only man in the ground appealing for an Alty penalty, he then waved away appeals after Hobson was wrapped up and had a bow put on him by one of their defenders, shocking display from him.

Norwood way off it but seems immune now, Green weak as piss and doesn't even want to graft anymore, Sheron scored a worldy but he's a passenger in there and doesn't have the ability to make a forward pass, so much wrong with the team, no urgency, no nouse, no desire, no leaders and most of all little ability. Missed some absolute sitters early on and second best for the remainder of the game, Nuttall fucking awful - again.

We still need 3 or 4 players in minimum.

We were the better team by far, and Nathan Sheron deserved MOM. But we are SO ponderous and lacking incisiveness. Green probably has to play as we have no alternative, but especially in the first half he was given and wasted at least three decent opportunities. A draw at home will never be a good result, but that penalty decision was a joke and with a better outlet from the wing we would have won today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Radio commentary slating us “no one who can run and certainly no one who can sprint” they’re right, never seen such a half arsed bunch as this squad

Yes, listening to the commentary I thought we were getting murdered in the worst performance of the season?

Some of Steve Eyre's comments were so harsh I thought he was an Oldham fan 😀

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You can't seriously think the play-offs are out of the question?

I wouldn’t say out of the question but I’ve seen more than enough of this squad to know they are as unpredictable and unreliable as the British weather . Chasing a game again. Frightened of the ball. Norwood all over the place doing everyone’s job for them. Great goal by sheron though and at least we came out and played a bit second half for a change. 

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I wouldn’t say out of the question but I’ve seen more than enough of this squad to know they are as unpredictable and unreliable as the British weather . Chasing a game again. Frightened of the ball. Norwood all over the place doing everyone’s job for them. Great goal by sheron though and at least we came out and played a bit second half for a change. 

Unarguable. But I think we'll make the playoffs 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wow that's some observation 🤣🤣🤣

Can’t say we controlled the game, especially after only getting a draw, but we were definitely the better team today.

Mind you, my previous games this season were Southend, Chesterfield, Bromley and Wealdstone, where we were easily second best in all four, so maybe I’m just seeing things in comparison to that!