MATCH: Newport County (A) 04/11/23 - FA Cup 1st round 🏆

This is the first ever FA Cup meeting between Newport County and Oldham – Newport have progressed from 11 of their last 13 ties against non-league opponents in the competition, including each of the last five in a row.

Referee: Daniel Middleton 
Assistants: Richard Morris and Oliver Spender
4th Official: Neil Pratt

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Same team as last week for me. 

Only change could be Gardener/Ward get a go for Lundy or Sheron. 

Rightly or wrongly, Hogan will come straight back in, in my opinion. 

47 minutes ago, daniel said:

Rightly or wrongly, Hogan will come straight back in, in my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sorry - forgot about Hogan. 

Yep, agreed he comes straight back in. He’s been terrific this season. 

Not 100% sure he's available as his first booking at Fylde was his 5th of the season. So he may be banned for that.

38 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

I would be using this to give Raglan and Kurt some valuable game time ...... with Reid with Norwood on the bench ... Gardner if fit and dickenson in the middle with Lundy 

As much as I want to give players some minutes, a little cup run would really help Mellon to bring in a couple in January. So he should play his strongest side. 

• Like 3

Pretty sure Sheron is suspended after 5 bookings in the league.

I hope we take it seriously, Mellon is evaluating the squad, building his style of play so it's a good opportunity. We don't win enough games to mess around and there's good prize money and potentially TV money.

Play the strongest side available. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I hope we take it seriously, Mellon is evaluating the squad, building his style of play so it's a good opportunity. We don't win enough games to mess around and there's good prize money and potentially TV money.

I believe that National League bookings don't count in the FA Cup

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

Absolutely. Winning is a habit, as is not winning. 

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Stats show Sheron, Hogan and Norwood on 5 each

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Heavy rain forecast all morning so keep a tab on their website when travelling. Which is just great if you're on the train like me!

Transport for Wales will cancel the train before the match gets called off. 

Currently waiting an hour at Stockport after my train down got canceled. 2 trains worth of people on the next train, which is a 2 carriage rattler. 

TFW have form for this, so be prepared for a long stand!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are a very similar number of places below them as our last visit under Shez. We were well worth the draw that day and were probably unlucky not to win. 

Play the strongest team we can, Fondop battered then in our last visit so may be worth a start.

If we are going to treat one competition lightly I'd much rather it was the FA Trophy. Like @HarryBosch said winning is a habit so we should play the strongest team available.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

We are a very similar number of places below them as our last visit under Shez. We were well worth the draw that day and were probably unlucky not to win. 

Play the strongest team we can, Fondop battered then in our last visit so may be worth a start.

If we are going to treat one competition lightly I'd much rather it was the FA Trophy. Like @HarryBosch said winning is a habit so we should play the strongest team available.

Fondops best game for us that. that's when l fell in love with him.

• Like 1