MATCH: Newport County (A) 04/11/23 - FA Cup 1st round 🏆

14 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Most of last season I think it was about 50/50 on Nuttall….now he rarely figures in any of supporters potential lineup’s.

Is there any way back for him now?……..personally, I think he’s had his chance and blown it big style. I think a move away would now be best for both parties.

Opinions?

He always looks like he needs plugging in and charging up. Doesn’t look interested. Occasionally he plays well for parts of a game but never a full one. Frustrating because I think he is a decent footballer but his application is awful. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair point but Dickinson just shades it for me, Hope could find it difficult to make the 16 with everyone seemingly back.

Yeah I’ve seen enough of him to know there’s a player there, and I think you’re right-  he probably is the slightly better footballer. Just think Mellon might prefer Hope’s work rate on the left, as he’s mentioned the players needing to be fitter for the style he wants. 

If he Hope doesn’t start though,  I’d always want him in the 16 because  he’s a 7/8 out of ten every week. (Which is more than can be said of Green for example) 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah I’ve seen enough of him to know there’s a player there, and I think you’re right-  he probably is the slightly better footballer. Just think Mellon might prefer Hope’s work rate on the left, as he’s mentioned the players needing to be fitter for the style he wants. 

If he Hope doesn’t start though,  I’d always want him in the 16 because  he’s a 7/8 out of ten every week. (Which is more than can be said of Green for example) 

I just don’t see it with Hope at all. He’s a 5/6 out of ten at best. 

He looks unnatural on the ball, he rarely takes on a man but just cuts back and passes it backwards. Dickinson is far better than him in my opinion. 

He works hard, but again, that’s not enough. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He looks unnatural on the ball, he rarely takes on a man but just cuts back and passes it backwards. Dickinson is far better than him in my opinion. 

sometimes it is!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It appears to be shared commentary with rugby and other Welsh FA cup matches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001s3m9

it's showing on the app as Newport v Oldham so it might be a case of the analogue radio programme flits around the sports and the match is through the digital set up.

better had be anyway!!

20 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

That’s Sheron and Hope you’re dismissing because you’re generalising them into ‘workrate alone isn’t enough.’ 

Well Firstly- Dicky’s work rate is great for 60 minutes, but then he gasses and you get nothing. So fitness/good engine/workrate is a fabulous asset that not many have. Having players who can only compete for 60 minutes is no good. . . we need more Sheron’s  and Hope’s not less. 

Secondly- Hope has scored goals in the league above and is much more than a workhorse, plus his goal at Rochdale looked very natural to me. . . (Reid has a very strange gate/running style but who cares when scores) He’s not a winger he’s a wide forward and there is a difference. Especially if you want to defend from the front. 

Sheron can’t stop scoring worldies and play every single week under 3 different mangers. Enough said there. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s Sheron and Hope you’re dismissing because you’re generalising them into ‘workrate alone isn’t enough.’ 

Well Firstly- Dicky’s work rate is great for 60 minutes, but then he gasses and you get nothing. So fitness/good engine/workrate is a fabulous asset that not many have. Having players who can only compete for 60 minutes is no good. . . we need more Sheron’s  and Hope’s not less. 

Secondly- Hope has scored goals in the league above and is much more than a workhorse, plus his goal at Rochdale looked very natural to me. . . (Reid has a very strange gate/running style but who cares when scores) He’s not a winger he’s a wide forward and there is a difference. Especially if you want to defend from the front. 

Sheron can’t stop scoring worldies and play every single week under 3 different mangers. Enough said there. 

Footballs all about opinions, I don’t think they are good enough, not saying I’m correct.

I much prefer players who are tidy on the ball, so anyone who struggles / doesn’t look comfortable I have a natural bias against, specifically central midfield players. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Footballs all about opinions, I don’t think they are good enough, not saying I’m correct.

I much prefer players who are tidy on the ball, so anyone who struggles / doesn’t look comfortable I have a natural bias against, specifically central midfield players. 

in terms of bias then if you have to have them, thats not a bad one to have l suppose.

unless you support Latics. in the main stand!

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

excuse the paraphrasing bc it has been nearly a week but Lundstrum after Altringham was sayin he can't wait to not be knackered after 70mins

He’s been out for a long while so it’s like starting again without a pre-season.

He looks a player and I think there’s a lot of improvement to come yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

It appears to be shared commentary with rugby and other Welsh FA cup matches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001s3m9

The BBC commentary page takes the direct feed for the commentary for each game, it's quite good.

It doesn't just tune you in to that particular radio station.

Just be prepared, sometimes you only get silence right up until kick off. 👍