BPAS PODCAST: 6th Nov '23, S4E16: No Sparklers

It may be bonfire weekend but Latics FA Cups went off like a damp banger, as they were beaten 2-0 by Newport County...

Find all our links ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠here⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠!

You can support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/oafcpodcast/subscribe⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠.

If you'd like to make a one off donation, you can now also Buy Us A Coffee by clicking ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠here

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠

You can also support us by visiting ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Please subscribe to our ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠YouTube channel⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ to watch the Latics Football Phone In live every Wednesday from 8.30pm.

BPAS and Latics Football Phone In are ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠KUPOD⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ productions.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com⁠⁠

Thanks for the pod. 

The caller hit the nail on the head for me and something I have continually been saying for about 12 months. Until we consistently control games of football in midfield we will be this inconsistent team that relies on luck and moments of individual brilliance. 

We have absolutely zero style of play and I don’t think we have since being in league 2. We pump it forward and rely on mistakes of the opposition. 

We need a midfield who can control the games for us, we need our defenders to be patient and composed and don’t just lump it forward. 

Id keep Lundstram, the rest are poor. I maintain Gardner is the best of the lot but his career is done. 

If anyone wants to argue the point that the other central midfield players offer something. Go have a look at the last 12 months and the fact a centre back who has been out injured for 12 months embarrassed them all by looking better than them in a position he’s never played. 

I bet Naylor doesn’t run around like an absolute muppet for Chesterfield. 

• Like 3

• Matt featured this topic
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Shame and weird one with Tollitt. 

He's hardly figured under the last 3 managers so would seem to be to free up a squad place.

He's a limited player who's capable of scoring a worldie but not finding his teammates with a ten yard pass and oblivious to any defensive duties.

Andy and Jaime hit the nail on the head.

Bar Chesterfield and Barnet this league is dire.

DU had us in the bottom four at Christmas, we had a run and finished top half. 

DU had us in bottom four at the start of the season, ST won a few and we shot up the league. 

The squad does need tweaking. But  never underestimate how shit you can be and finish 7th. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Andy and Jaime hit the nail on the head.

Bar Chesterfield and Barnet this league is dire.

DU had us in the bottom four at Christmas, we had a run and finished top half. 

DU had us in bottom four at the start of the season, ST won a few and we shot up the league. 

The squad does need tweaking. But  never underestimate how shit you can be and finish 7th. 

Spot on - put a few mini runs together (i.e. 5 or 6 unbeaten) and you're right in the mix. Then just need another mini-run in the playoffs - bingo. We sometimes make this simple game far too complex, with silly recruitment structures, coaches for this, that and the other etc. We're playing a basic game at a basic level and with our resources, we should be successful.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wiseowl said:We sometimes make this simple game far too complex, with silly recruitment structures, coaches for this, that and the other etc. We're playing a basic game at a basic level and with our resources, we should be successful.

The problem is that we are not getting the basics right at the moment 😮

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:01 AM, dannyboy55555 said:

David Currie shit out @ 13.30 - 

l was at that match and l was still a Yanited fan 😳

Currie and Sharp bith had good games. as did Fleming and Henry. Barrett shits out for Yaniteds goal and Mark Hughes n Bryan Robson we fantastic players.

and there was nowt wrong with our goal. also terrible decision on the not given corner that was literally right in front of me (£3 stretford paddock) l can still sre it now.

ld forgotten this match tbh but seeing it now l remembet loads about it like how we won but it didnt feel right. all this was wayyy before that Mark Hughes goal which made me a Latics fan. bc l remember it was a night match and they were risky for getting  caught. it was also the first time l even knew that Oldham had a Football team. possibly even the first time l had even heard of Oldham the place. oh no bc the swimming baths, the market, the collosium, the theatre workshop. 

didnt know we had a Football team tho.

• Bender unfeatured this topic
On 11/14/2023 at 4:00 AM, Monty Burns said:

and there was nowt wrong with our goal. also terrible decision on the not given corner that was literally right in front of me (£3 stretford paddock) l can still sre it now.

ld forgotten this match tbh but seeing it now l remembet loads about it like how we won but it didnt feel right. all this was wayyy before that Mark Hughes goal which made me a Latics fan. bc l remember it was a night match and they were risky for getting  caught. it was also the first time l even knew that Oldham had a Football team. possibly even the first time l had even heard of Oldham the place. oh no bc the swimming baths, the market, the collosium, the theatre workshop. 

didnt know we had a Football team tho.

Who did your bins?

Edited by longtimeblue