MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 02/12/23

12 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Who are “them”? Might it be the players who were happy to play the match, and so were happy to train? Might there be a difference between training on a dodgy surface, and a full-on match?

Fans with tickets yesterday will get the chance to attend the rearranged match, or a refund. Yes, it was inconvenient for fans who travelled hoping to see a match, but it wasn’t cancelled in order to upset anybody. You often post interesting points on here, @BP1960, but you let yourself down sometimes with an unduly negative view.

It was a full scale practice match as shown on the twitter video.

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Yet someone on this thread said they were only playing on two thirds of the pitch, shunning the frozen areas near the main stand.

Who do you believe this forum or twitter? 

Well they were scampering about and diving into tackles in both halves of the pitch. Make of that what you will.

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Completely untrue. They had a quarter of the pitch near the JR stand towards the Chaddy End...

I suspect there insurance would be invalidated if they went into a full scale practice with proper tackling on a surface that had been deemed unfit for play.  Very unlikely.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I assume you were there?

BP, you do seem to want to point to flaws at every opportunity these days. 

Reid literally posted a video saying part of the pitch was frozen. He posted another video of them training, clearly using only the part of the pitch, unsurprisingly, in the sun towards the north stand. 

Do we know if the youths took part in this training game ? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I watched some of the session and it was played North Stand side, they actually still had the heat lamps on the pitch in front of the dugouts on the part of the pitch under the main stand roof which is notorious for freezing, it was a high tempo session but I wouldn't say anyone was diving in to anything other than James Norwood who looked in good spirits and dived in the box looking for a penalty. Ironically the session was watched by more Boreham Wood fans than Latics as they were invited in to hospitality and were fed and watered which I thought was a terrific gesture by the club in the circumstances. 

That's great to hear. Lovely gesture. We're hopefully rebuilding our good name after the nightmare years of Lemsagam & co.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Was just thinking that would never have happened under the previous regime.

We've become a club once again. 👍

Yes but they could have had a pie whilst sitting on torn cushioned seats in the Main Stand, whilst a Senior Oldham Athletic Official nailed advertising hoardings along the windows in the North Stand to prevent the Rebel Alliance from watching.

Ah, memories.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I watched some of the session and it was played North Stand side, they actually still had the heat lamps on the pitch in front of the dugouts on the part of the pitch under the main stand roof which is notorious for freezing, it was a high tempo session but I wouldn't say anyone was diving in to anything other than James Norwood who looked in good spirits and dived in the box looking for a penalty. Ironically the session was watched by more Boreham Wood fans than Latics as they were invited in to hospitality and were fed and watered which I thought was a terrific gesture by the club in the circumstances. 

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!  😍😍😍

• Bender unfeatured this topic