MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 02/12/23

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I was told by a pretty high up club official that the game was postponed because one Boreham Wood player refused to play.

Now call me old fashioned but surely the decision is the referee's and possibly the referee's in consultation with the managers.

How can one player have an influence over that given the significant financial loss we will now have to absorb. I had a feeling one or two of their players wouldn't fancy that today, fucking tin pot fannies. I hope it's pissing down and raining in off Oldham Edge sideways for the rearranged fixture.

There’s a clip on twitter of Alex Reid feeling the pitch and saying if you fall on that you’re fooked. I know he’s out injured but he obviously wouldn’t have fancied it either 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laticsenior said:

Credit to Woking and Altrincham for putting fans first. Both postponed their games well ahead of away supporters travelling.

Credit to the referees at both of those games they  made a decision and stuck with it  .unlike ours who procrastinated and finally ultimate  left the decision to others allegedly 

12 minutes ago, Laticsenior said:

Credit to Woking and Altrincham for putting fans first. Both postponed their games well ahead of away supporters travelling.

No they didn't, the referees did. Presumably because there was no possibility of playing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's obvious from the twitter x video some players wanted to play, but were dissuaded by others.

Whom didn't want to bust their pfoo pfoo valves and rightly so.

I wouldn't walk through my factory past the rack full of steel which is hanging on by half a bolt until it is made safe.

To counter the disappointment of the postponement, for those who care, which is probably only me, the mighty Lions ladies are now 2023 premiers!!!

Both men and women made the GF this year. The men got pipped by 4 points, the ladies victorious by 17.

GO LIONS!

19 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Whom didn't want to bust their pfoo pfoo valves and rightly so.

I wouldn't walk through my factory past the rack full of steel which is hanging on by half a bolt until it is made safe.

Didn't stop them enthusiasticly playing a match training session after the game was called off though.

59 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Training a bit different to a match. Did they use the full pitch? Were they soft in training? Did the youths train? Did anyone have a clipboard? 

No they used the defrosted 2/3rds towards the North Stand, some of the other areas of the pitch were visibly still frozen. I find it strange they didn't just postpone on the first inspection as it would have needed to warm up considerably for the game to go ahead.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't stop them enthusiasticly playing a match training session after the game was called off though.

Who are “them”? Might it be the players who were happy to play the match, and so were happy to train? Might there be a difference between training on a dodgy surface, and a full-on match?

Fans with tickets yesterday will get the chance to attend the rearranged match, or a refund. Yes, it was inconvenient for fans who travelled hoping to see a match, but it wasn’t cancelled in order to upset anybody. You often post interesting points on here, @BP1960, but you let yourself down sometimes with an unduly negative view.

37 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Who are “them”? Might it be the players who were happy to play the match, and so were happy to train? Might there be a difference between training on a dodgy surface, and a full-on match?

Fans with tickets yesterday will get the chance to attend the rearranged match, or a refund. Yes, it was inconvenient for fans who travelled hoping to see a match, but it wasn’t cancelled in order to upset anybody. You often post interesting points on here, @BP1960, but you let yourself down sometimes with an unduly negative view.

That'll be you blocked

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

No they used the defrosted 2/3rds towards the North Stand, some of the other areas of the pitch were visibly still frozen. I find it strange they didn't just postpone on the first inspection as it would have needed to warm up considerably for the game to go ahead.

They want it played on the Saturday. A lot more income. They'll have done absolutely everything to get that on. Shame for those travelling but it happens.