MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 02/12/23

3 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Can’t see this being on with temperatures dropping to -4 on Friday night. Still finger crossed. 
I assume the covers will have been on most of this week.

0 deg @ 3.00pm Saturday and throughout the game.

I am sat in the Republic of Royton looking out of my window at my frozen lawn.

I haven't had my frost covers on but judging by the Polar Bears and Penguins walking about and the fact the dog won't go out to do his sniffing around and it's still -2 (it was -5 last night) I can't see it being on.

Please note I have been wrong before. (PaddyPower will confirm this!).

Best wishes - Brian.

12 minutes ago, Millibob said:

I am sat in the Republic of Royton looking out of my window at my frozen lawn.

I haven't had my frost covers on but judging by the Polar Bears and Penguins walking about and the fact the dog won't go out to do his sniffing around and it's still -2 (it was -5 last night) I can't see it being on.

Please note I have been wrong before. (PaddyPower will confirm this!).

Best wishes - Brian.

-3 overnight  should be no problem.

If this game does go ahead, I expect a reaction from the players after the horror show last week. They have had a full week to recover and more importantly to work with MM to find a way to win at home.

No new faces so I expect a very similar starting eleven to last week. The only real question I have is over Freeman - the rest get another go to put it right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe the club could give some indication of any proposed pitch inspections?

It’s a 4 hour trek from Boreham Wood so I should imagine any planned pitch inspection would be 9.30am latest.

The covers will probably have done the job so I don’t think starting the game will be a problem however finishing it might well be!!

59 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a 4 hour trek from Boreham Wood so I should imagine any planned pitch inspection would be 9.30am latest.

The covers will probably have done the job so I don’t think starting the game will be a problem however finishing it might well be!!

Should be alright during the game, a sweltering 0° temperature is predicted. 😎

They have had all week testing the covers. I expect the covers have proven themselves by now. Zero or a -1 or 2 won’t do much damage during the afternoon.

They have probably given Borehamwood the heads up unless something dramatic occurs. I don’t understand why they haven’t mentioned any guidance at all though, publicly.