MATCH: Gateshead (H) 23/12/23 πŸŽ„

I said a while ago with this squad we didn’t need wholesale changes, we needed to play 3 at the back and we needed to sign a proper attacking right full/wing back and a creative centre midfielder.Β 
Β 

After watching that today I still think exactly the same.Β 

40 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I said our midfield, Hogan and Sutton were poor and I wish we played like Gateshead.Β 
Β 

You are just delusional. Sheron had a good half a game of football last week. Back to being over run by Callum Fucking Whelan this week, so well done for supporting him.Β 
Β 

The other two were just as shit. But McGahey is a centre back.Β 

Yes but come on, this comment wasn’t your finest:

β€œYouΒ must be annoyed Norwood scored and wavedΒ his arms a bit today.”

Β 

Seriously? To a fellow Latic?

Β 

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Our squad was the envy of the league not long ago, all we needed to do was change the manager and lift off would commence.

What’s your point, caller?

Β 

Did anybody actually say any of that? Or do you just take some perverse delight in trying to wind people up when we lose? Your posts can be as desperate as they are fake.

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I said a while ago with this squad we didn’t need wholesale changes, we needed to play 3 at the back and we needed to sign a proper attacking right full/wing back and a creative centre midfielder.Β 
Β 

Will back this up with stats. If taking just the games that both Freeman and Gardner have played in this season, our PPG would have us 4th now.Β 

17 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Β 

I know what you mean, and I agree to an extent but two players aren’t going to change the fact we start games appallingly, and it isn’t one or two- it’s every single one of them. We look lethargic and passive, we sit off and literally watch them play in front of us. It’s dreadful. Some games we pick up and grow into it, some games- like today it’s largely flat as fuck for the whole ninety minutes. That isn’t about picking apart individuals, it’s asking why is the collective mindset so poor and inconsistent.Β 
Β 

They’ve proved they can perform, but one game on one game off is nowhere near good enough to do anything.Β 

5 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Mad to think that we have not won at home since September - and that’s games against Maidenhead, Dagenham, Eastleigh, Altrincham, Ebbsfleet and Mickleover. That’s piss poor.

3 months since a home win (not counting pens v Mickleover). I’ve been to 11 home games this season and seen us win 1.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Freeman is fit but not fancied I think.Β 

We have done better when both have played. If just looking at how we do when Gardner plays our PPG is even higher (but we’d still be 4th).
Β 

My point is that we can do better than both Gardner and Freeman. If we were to make signings in those positions I think it would make a huge difference to the level of control we have in games. Imagine having a midfielder who can dictate play and pop up to score goals in the box. Imagine having a right wingback who overlaps and is someone a defence has to be concerned about. They couldn’t triple up on Kitching and a rwb too. Β 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We have done better when both have played. If just looking at how we do when Gardner plays our PPG is even higher (but we’d still be 4th).
Β 

My point is that we can do better than both Gardner and Freeman. If we were to make signings in those positions I think it would make a huge difference to the level of control we have in games. Imagine having a midfielder who can dictate play and pop up to score goals in the box. Imagine having a right wingback who overlaps and is someone a defence has to be concerned about. They couldn’t triple up on Kitching and a rwb too. Β 

Β 

I agree, we definitely need those two players.Β 

Β 

I’m just saying that two players won’t make the difference when we’re having an off day- because every single player looks miles off it. That’s a collective mentality that we can’t seem to get past at the minute.Β 

33 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

What’s your point, caller?

Β 

Did anybody actually say any of that? Or do you just take some perverse delight in trying to wind people up when we lose? Your posts can be as desperate as they are fake.

They did say that Owlo yes, I wouldn't have suggested otherwise if they hadn't.

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Β 

Β 

Yep, agreed. But instead we've signed Langley and Stones... arguably the two positions we least need to strengthen in (centre-half excepted, perhaps).Β 

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Β 

I agree, we definitely need those two players.Β 

Β 

I’m just saying that two players won’t make the difference when we’re having an off day- because every single player looks miles off it. That’s a collective mentality that we can’t seem to get past at the minute.Β 

That’s the great unknown - just how many changes would make the necessary difference.Β 
Β 

I don’t think it’s as wholesale as others do though. I don’t believe that the teams above us have squads full of the mentally stronger. I think with a more settled and balanced team the bulk of this squad are capable of getting us top 4.Β 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That’s the great unknown - just how many changes would make the necessary difference.Β 
Β 

I don’t think it’s as wholesale as others do though. I don’t believe that the teams above us have squads full of the mentally stronger. I think with a more settled and balanced team the bulk of this squad are capable of getting us top 4.Β 

If it doesn't need wholesale charges then they might as well as stuck with ThompsonΒ  because Mellon hasn't made the blindest bit of difference so far..Β 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Β 

Something wrong with a team when they throw in Jekyll and Hyde performances, what are we doing pre match at home because something clearly needs to change. No urgency and I've not seen a decent first 30 at home from us all season.

Β 

Mellon going on about fucking defending at home to Gateshead πŸ™ˆ yet keeps picking the same donkies every week and I include Hudson in that.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

lm not arsed about his mountain of goals, piles of assists, all his experience, everything everybody is learning from him or the fact he's our best player by a mile.

Β 

if that cunt doesnt start smiling bc he bagged in division five l want him the fuck out*

Rubbish. He might be having family problems oh and stop swearing. It's nor needed on here.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If it doesn't need wholesale charges then they might as well as stuck with ThompsonΒ  because Mellon hasn't made the blindest bit of difference so far..Β 

We definitely need at least 3 or 4 players. Especially in midfieldΒ 

Β 

We're still only 3 points off the playoff places, somehow. But this current lot aren't capable of the consistency needed to get up there and stay there. No manager could get consistent results with a midfield as piss weak as oursΒ 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 1