MATCH: Hartlepool United (A) 26/12/23 🎄

41 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Don't know if you're being obtuse here Monty but the point I was trying to make was it's just not a case of picking Gardner, he also needs to be fit for selection.  👍

no l was thinking all the best players fitted into a formation depending on the job that needs doing. you said Gardner.

27 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

no l was thinking all the best players fitted into a formation depending on the job that needs doing. you said Gardner.

No, @BP1960 stated Gardner needs bringing into midfield which you responded to, but we all know it's not just as simple of writing his name on the team sheet. His delicate nature dictates the number of starts he can make, although I would agree we need our more creative players for home matches to unlock defences. 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Don't know if you're being obtuse here Monty but the point I was trying to make was it's just not a case of picking Gardner, he also needs to be fit for selection.  👍

He’d be fit when the ref blows his whistle to start, but for how long afterwards is anyone’s guess!😆

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No, @BP1960 stated Gardner needs bringing into midfield which you responded to, but we all know it's not just as simple of writing his name on the team sheet. His delicate nature dictates the number of starts he can make, although I would agree we need our more creative players for home matches to unlock defences. 

oh so when l was going on about formations and us being fluid you got confused and thought l was going on about Dan Gardner bc somebody else said Dan Gardner?

ok got ya 🤣

On 12/27/2023 at 11:09 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

If there's a team to break our home form hoodoo against, it's this lot. They were absolutely shite. 

The lad who came on in the second half, Mancini, looked very good. They were also without Dieseruvwe - not sure if he is long term injured.

They will still cause us problems unless MM manages to sort out his home tactics and formation 😮

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

The lad who came on in the second half, Mancini, looked very good. They were also without Dieseruvwe - not sure if he is long term injured.

They will still cause us problems unless MM manages to sort out his home tactics and formation 😮

Mancini's been out for a long time so it's doubtful he'll start tomorrow and Dieseruvwe is out for another month.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2023 at 6:08 PM, yarddog73 said:

Hartlepool currently top and disproving the myth that you can't be competitive when you come down, Altrincham also 5th - how is that even possible, we've played one decent game in five yet the apologists will be along soon to defend the chump and his latest masterclass today Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Table isn't finalised in August...

On 8/26/2023 at 7:37 PM, PeteG said:

But you need to have been down here a few years to get used to it. Difference is they appointed a manager in Askey who knows what he's doing in this division. There are a whole host of decent managers out there we could attract if they had only gone about the recruitment process properly in the first place. Don't compound the error now by holding on too long to get rid!

Yep, seems that way Pete

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Table isn't finalised in August...

Yep, seems that way Pete

I'm glad you agree. However, they did hold on to Unsworth for too long and it turns out they was a decent manager we could attract in Mellon. Askey would have been an upgrade on Unsworth as would have been David Artell who I was wanting at the time who seems to have done a decent job for Grimsby in the last month.

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'm glad you agree. However, they did hold on to Unsworth for too long and it turns out they was a decent manager we could attract in Mellon. Askey would have been an upgrade on Unsworth as would have been David Artell who I was wanting at the time who seems to have done a decent job for Grimsby in the last month.

all hail you 🙄

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

Is this the same Askey that couldn't prevent Hartlepool coming down and now has them four points above the drop line? Or a different one?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Is this the same Askey that couldn't prevent Hartlepool coming down and now has them four points above the drop line? Or a different one?

And still would have been an upgrade on Unsworth!! Just how bad that appointment was is actually frightening given the squad and length of contracts we've been left with.

26 minutes ago, PeteG said:

And still would have been an upgrade on Unsworth!! Just how bad that appointment was is actually frightening given the squad and length of contracts we've been left with.

Not really up for debate but neither is it that Mellon's credentials are on a whole other level.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not really up for debate but neither is it that Mellon's credentials are on a whole other level.

I wasn't debating it, someone decided to bring up a comment I made months ago as if I was completely wrong at the time.

14 hours ago, PeteG said:

Should we go in for Askey now he's been potted?

• Like 1

• Bender unfeatured this topic