MATCH: Hartlepool United (A) 26/12/23 🎄

1 hour ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Massively OTT, there were a number who were in contention 

He was MOM though.

Not sure who else was in contention but he was by far our best player.

I thought the majority had 7/10 game though, maybe Norwood and Sheron 8/10 and Stones 9/10. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Hogan was shaking his head, you could tell he was hurt. (When we got the third he was right front of me kicking the boards and repeatedly screaming fuck off.  I loved it.)

Careful, or people on here and twitter will want him sacked for abusing the fans

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Careful, or people on here and twitter will want him sacked for abusing the fans

You do know he will of signed a contract and within that there will be references to the clubs social media policy?.

Now for a start he's been suspended no doubt on full pay so there's no suggestion that he's been sacked and if he is aware of what he can and can't post then he's just stupid for what he's done and will have to pay the consequences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yeah the abuse pre-kick off is a joke, I feel like some of our support revel in being able to give the players stick

Yep absolute embarrassment some of our fans. Same ones then singing "your support is fucking shit" to hartlepool without a hint of irony. Moronic twats.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

A brilliant post-match interview from MM. Proud of the performance but gives the players the credit. Clear lines about the suspensions without detracting from the performance. Also outlines succinctly the culture of the football club and shows he understands the fanbase. A masterclass.

Agreed

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If there's a team to break our home form hoodoo against, it's this lot. They were absolutely shite. Well done to the players after a swarm of negativity from the stands before a ball was even kicked...

They don't call them the best in the land for nothing...

37 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Yep. Our manager has handled the situation perfectly, and always says the right things.

I'm sure that he will go on to prove that he is the man to take us back to where we belong.

He is a class act.

He's absolutely the man for the job. There's a lot of work to be done, not least the appalling home form, and we need new players in, but I still feel so much more confident with a proper manager with a proper CV in charge. The next month is massive; turn that home form around and get the right players in. If anyone can sort it I reckon Mickey can

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He was MOM though.

Not sure who else was in contention but he was by far our best player.

I thought the majority had 7/10 game though, maybe Norwood and Sheron 8/10 and Stones 9/10. 

Your percentages are right on the money as far as I'm concerned 

Stones was easily the best player on the day

16 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yeah the abuse pre-kick off is a joke, I feel like some of our support revel in being able to give the players stick

they do. decent fans are gettin caught up actin like Bazza for quite a while now and it really isn't the time or the place for that shite anymore.

5 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He's absolutely the man for the job. There's a lot of work to be done, not least the appalling home form, and we need new players in, but I still feel so much more confident with a proper manager with a proper CV in charge. The next month is massive; turn that home form around and get the right players in. If anyone can sort it I reckon Mickey can

MM needs to  change tactics at home to the front foot, maybe take Raglan out and bring Gardner into central midfield, otherwise I fear it will be the same again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

MM needs to  change tactics at home to the front foot, maybe take Raglan out and bring Gardner into central midfield, otherwise I fear it will be the same again.

thats not a bad shout.

l'm against the grain with the 'we need to pick a formation and stick with it' mentality. its decent from a player perspective but its pretty ancient in this day and age and l'm totally against it.

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

thats not a bad shout.

l'm against the grain with the 'we need to pick a formation and stick with it' mentality. its decent from a player perspective but its pretty ancient in this day and age and l'm totally against it.

The problem is Gardner's fitness.

Most on here agree he's our most creative midfielder though that's not a high bar.

We desperately need continuity in selections which means a new body through the door, as managing his fitness must be a nightmare for all concerned.

12 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The problem is Gardner's fitness.

Most on here agree he's our most creative midfielder though that's not a high bar.

We desperately need continuity in selections which means a new body through the door, as managing his fitness must be a nightmare for all concerned.

well yeah thats why we would be changing formation :wink: