1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I told you it wasn't unlimited Rob, what was left has probably been spent on bringing in the best available manager, it beggars belief what was wasted on Unsworth and Co both bringing him in and ultimately getting rid and that's before you take in to account the poor transfer activity, there is little we can do about that now and hopefully the same mistakes and foolish decision making won't be repeated.

I don't have the current board down as shit or bust merchants, my feeling is they provided a top 2 budget and are not prepared to throw good money after bad and when the budgets gone the budgets gone, despite you maybe thinking we shouldn't be concerned about the finances I'm happy we have owners looking at the bigger picture, not prepared to gamble the clubs future and are taking a pragmatic rather than emotional approach to business.

I have a feeling with Joe recently added to the Board others may well be being brought in to offer financial support, John Wardle again being linked with us as he was when Joe came in under Corney many moons ago although he is knocking on 80 now I wouldn't dismiss it given his friendship with the Royles and Alan Hardy.

It was always the plan in the early days of the Rothwells to bring in more local investors but I doubt Joe is one them to any material extent

Clearly the being worried about a budget being spent bit is the usual trolling as the vast majority of budgets a re annual rather than open ended

48 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Don't disagree with a lot of this.

However Rochdale seem to regularly unearth a few, and they currently have Nevett, a 17 year old centre half, who has played most games this year and is rumoured that Palace may sign him.

Begs the question how a club run as badly and in the mess they are in, can get these lads on contracts, yet we seem unable to do so??

Joined them July 2023 on a 3 year deal, probably on peanuts.

Sutton is our Nevett, unfortunately his pathway is currently blocked and he is unable to develop in a position he will excel in, bad decision again in the summer to stockpile right footed centrehalfs when we already had at least three or four more than adequate on the books.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Sutton is our Nevett, unfortunately his pathway is currently blocked and he is unable to develop in a position he will excel in, bad decision again in the summer to stockpile right footed centrehalfs when we already had at least three or four more than adequate on the books.

Yes, Sutton is blocked from his best position by Hogan and Raglan so it would be no surprise to see him go to an EFL club, mature there and have a good career.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, Sutton is blocked from his best position by Hogan and Raglan so it would be no surprise to see him go to an EFL club, mature there and have a good career.

Hard to see how he would warrant such a move based on his performances for us.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hard to see how he would warrant such a move based on his performances for us.

He hasn’t been played in his favoured position, where he has previously impressed, for a very long time and I’d have him in at CB rather than Hogan!

He’s still only a young lad and playing at FB/WB will have improved his game no doubt.

Loke Hull, who came in for Vaughan, who couldn’t get a game here, he could be on the radar of one of two EFL clubs.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He hasn’t been played in his favoured position, where he has previously impressed, for a very long time and I’d have him in at CB rather than Hogan!

He’s still only a young lad and playing at FB/WB will have improved his game no doubt.

Loke Hull, who came in for Vaughan, who couldn’t get a game here, he could be on the radar of one of two EFL clubs.

I would expect someone who is above the level to look more assured and comfortable than he has.

No question he has the physical attributes to succeed but there's a lot of work to do in other areas.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I would expect someone who is above the level to look more assured and comfortable than he has.

No question he has the physical attributes to succeed but there's a lot of work to do in other areas.

Bet you were one of the clowns saying the same when Tarky was here, you do know centrehalfs as a rule don't come in to their own till approaching their mid twenties, it's not like we can even measure his attributes in his favoured position or gauge his improvement as he's not been afforded the privilege of playing there for some time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bet you were one of the clowns saying the same when Tarky was here, you do know centrehalfs as a rule don't come in to their own till approaching their mid twenties, it's not like we can even measure his attributes in his favoured position or gauge his improvement as he's not been afforded the privilege of playing there for some time.

So why would anyone in the leagues above sign him as a centre back then given he can't get a game in his favoured position for us?

We can measure his distribution attributes and we can see it needs considerable improvement.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I think it would be a big surprise BP.

He's 21 now, been around for a while with lots of games under his belt yet there has been little interest in him. 

His assets and his deficiencies are clear, and it would take a brave punt from a club higher up the pyramid to pay good money for someone who it appears has not progressed particularly quickly for various reasons.

There is plenty of choice out there around the academys, of players with high potential who are 17/18 and who clubs are more likely to take a risk on as they can mould them.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Will and think he's a versatile asset to us at the moment. Just can't see anyone coming in paying a fee for him currently that's all.

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

He's 21 now, been around for a while with lots of games under his belt yet there has been little interest in him. 

His assets and his deficiencies are clear, and it would take a brave punt from a club higher up the pyramid to pay good money for someone who it appears has not progressed particularly quickly for various reasons.

There is plenty of choice out there around the academys, of players with high potential who are 17/18 and who clubs are more likely to take a risk on as they can mould them.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Will and think he's a versatile asset to us at the moment. Just can't see anyone coming in paying a fee for him currently that's all.

I'd say he's probably only one of several who'd command any sort of fee for, he has potential and I'm sure if he became available we'd receive offers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

21 is no age for a centre back. There some in Premiership under 23s who will not reach the EFL.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd say he's probably only one of several who'd command any sort of fee for, he has potential and I'm sure if he became available we'd receive offers.

Agreed. he's been chucked in sharky waters unfairly and it actually seems like he's going to come back with a few fins.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:54 PM, yarddog73 said:

With a complete lack of any youngsters of our own I'd be more than happy to see a few of these players coming in for 4 games and having 6 goal involvements before going back to their parent club if it means we keep pushing on up.

We don't have a pot to piss in as it's all been pissed up the wall so if it means we have to play the loan roulette market than so be it, particularly if they come with the same attitude and desire as Stones.

Not got a pot to piss in? Thought Frank had made £5 million available around the turn of last year? Not even Darren and his mate Unsy have done that in already, surely?

13 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Not got a pot to piss in? Thought Frank had made £5 million available around the turn of last year? Not even Darren and his mate Unsy have done that in already, surely?

Thats the budget across the three years wasn’t it? You know setting budgets and doing things properly… Pretty sure that was how it was addressed. Abdallah would have rinsed that in a few weeks with Menig, Maouche etc.

How is your mate Abdallah, “Pete”? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Thats the budget across the three years wasn’t it? You know setting budgets and doing things properly… Pretty sure that was how it was addressed. Abdallah would have rinsed that in a few weeks with Menig, Maouche etc.

How is your mate Abdallah, “Pete”? 

Don’t give him the satisfaction. We all know how the budget works, he’s just being a tool. 

• Like 1