7 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Just looking through the stats and Woking have taken just one point in 9 games against teams in the top 7 and failed to score on 7 occasions. Bring the right attitude and surely another home win. I’m going 3-0 Latics. 

Might be the first 4-3-3 for MM with Dallas playing.

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Might be the first 4-3-3 for MM with Dallas playing.

Is Hogan suspended? Would be a good time to try this if he is. Walker and Dallas could come in for Hogan and Fondop. 

7 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Just looking through the stats and Woking have taken just one point in 9 games against teams in the top 7 and failed to score on 7 occasions. Bring the right attitude and surely another home win. I’m going 3-0 Latics. 

Have you been watching us for long.....?

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is Hogan suspended? Would be a good time to try this if he is. Walker and Dallas could come in for Hogan and Fondop. 

I read elsewhere he was on 9 bookings, so 1 more and it’s a 2 match ban. Same for Norwood!

24 minutes ago, daniel said:

I read elsewhere he was on 9 bookings, so 1 more and it’s a 2 match ban. Same for Norwood!

I also had him down as 9 but this website has him on 10 and Dave Bradley also said on the phone-in last night that he's suspended on Saturday. A shame because he's in great form at the moment.

As above this could see us play 433 on Saturday with Dallas and Walker coming in for Hogan and Fondop. Having said that the 532 (352) looked really solid defensively on Tuesday and we created plenty of chances. Interesting dilemma for MM. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I also had him down as 9 but this website has him on 10 and Dave Bradley also said on the phone-in last night that he's suspended on Saturday. A shame because he's in great form at the moment.

As above this could see us play 433 on Saturday with Dallas and Walker coming in for Hogan and Fondop. Having said that the 532 (352) looked really solid defensively on Tuesday and we created plenty of chances. Interesting dilemma for MM. 

Conlon will be Captain on Saturday and will probably retain it.

20 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Doesn't Sutton come in for Hogan.  After all he's a L1 centreback according to some.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

<ignores bait and continues to bottom feed

Not bait at all.  By common consent he's played all his games this season out of position and now there appears to be a  clear opportunity to switch him to his natural role.  If he has the potential to play a couple of divisions or more higher, which plenty who have seen more of him than I have say is the case, than it should be a no brainer

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not bait at all.  By common consent he's played all his games this season out of position and now there appears to be a  clear opportunity to switch him to his natural role.  If he has the potential to play a couple of divisions or more higher, which plenty who have seen more of him than I have say is the case, than it should be a no brainer

Not sure what you point is Dave. Freeman played RB last time McGahey came in for Hogan, incidentally ahead of both Raglan and Sutton, in a 442.

On Saturday if we start with three CBs then it's a straight choice between McGahey and Sutton, I'd choose whichever would be more comfortable on the left of the three.

But the suspension of Hogan and the availability of Dallas may prompt a formation change.

3 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Not sure what you point is Dave. Freeman played RB last time McGahey came in for Hogan, incidentally ahead of both Raglan and Sutton, in a 442.

On Saturday if we start with three CBs then it's a straight choice between McGahey and Sutton, I'd choose whichever would be more comfortable on the left of the three.

But the suspension of Hogan and the availability of Dallas may prompt a formation change.

McGahey was awful against Hendon, Let's see Sutton in his proper position. I observed Hobson use his left foot on Tuesdsy so no reason he can't switch to the left.

In addition Sutton would help out the new right back.

16 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Ah. thought it was more recent that Freeman.  But if we stay with three at the back surely you'd go Sutton over McGahey?

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Ah. thought it was more recent that Freeman.  But if we stay with three at the back surely you'd go Sutton over McGahey?

I do like Sutton and as I've said, I think he's got a relatively high ceiling. What I don't know is which of our centre backs would be most comfortable playing on the left side of a three. Raglan didn't look comfortable there and Hobson has always played on the right so I wouldn't put either of them there.

McGahey has a better passing range than Sutton, could be useful against Woking. Sutton more mobile and athletic. Honestly don't know. 

Can't see Micky changing it too much, if Hogan is out it causes a problem because he's the only one comfortable on the left of a three. It's okay bringing Sutton in but that means we'd start with three right footed centre halfs. Hobson and Raglan played well together at Chorley as a pair with Raglan the left of the two.

I'd be so reluctant to go with McGahey just based on his recent poor performances and at some stage you feel Will should be given opportunity in his favoured position.

Must be a game for 4-3-3 though, based on the last six games we have the meanest defence conceding 4 and Woking have the poorest attack scoring just 4, if the mindset is right we should be putting these to the sword.

Next 6 games see us facing teams in the bottom third of the table so we really do have an opportunity to solidify our play off place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

Conlon will be Captain on Saturday and will probably retain it.

Doubt it - Conlon may be given the armband if McGahey doesn’t play but Hogan is captain and will be when he returns from any suspension.

Edited by TheBigDog

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Doubt it - Conlon may be given the armband if McGahey doesn’t play but Hogan is captain and will be when he returns from any suspension.

McGahey won't wear the armband again after his Christmasgate antics - and rightly so. My bet is Conlon will have the armband once Hogan gives it up. I don't have a problem with Hogan as captain, he leads by example and has been there and done it.