4 hours ago, disjointed said:

TBF we've seen the best of it, I'd be happy with just a modicum of success, it's these young kids and twenty somethings who support the club in their numbers that I feel sorry for, all they have seen is shite, they deserve so much more. 

Yes, I agree. Youngsters have been starved of any success for years. I have adult grandchildren who have only known struggle and a couple of 15 and 17 year olds who have only witnessed the present disastrous, downward spiral. 
Weirdly, I was quite comfortable in League 2  on the cusp of a decent team and very regular visits from Division 1 and Premier League big boys falling on hard times. Oh, the joy. Who knows how long the Rothwell's will be around but for the time being they are a perfect fit and in my view we have now hired the best manager for our clubs situation. Happy days around the corner, including tomorrow. 

Edited by mikeroyboy
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 8:59 AM, L1onheartNew said:

I read the title as Working at home.

I honestly thought that I had logged onto Teams and immediately logged off lol

😂 I did consider naming my post ‘working at home’ but you know what they’re like, thought I might get criticised for my spelling. Glad someone picked up in it tho 😂 

Apparently Woking played very well at Chesterfield with many players back after injury and a couple of new signings.

Hope we don't take them lightly as when they last had a full squad they were high in the league.

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Apparently Woking played very well at Chesterfield with many players back after injury and a couple of new signings.

Hope we don't take them lightly as when they last had a full squad they were high in the league.

Fair point. They were well fancied at the start of the season but have never got going. They are a big physical side with some decent players in a bit of a false position i think, and we need to be on it from the start.

Probably as good a performance as any though this season when we won at their place. It really should have been 4/5-0.

Comfortable 2-0 for me unless we have a head fuck day 👍

21 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Yes, I agree. Youngsters have been starved of any success for years. I have adult grandchildren who have only known struggle and a couple of 15 and 17 year olds who have only witnessed the present disastrous, downward spiral. 
Weirdly, I was quite comfortable in League 2  on the cusp of a decent team and very regular visits from Division 1 and Premier League big boys falling on hard times. Oh, the joy. Who knows how long the Rothwell's will be around but for the time being they are a perfect fit and in my view we have now hired the best manager for our clubs situation. Happy days around the corner, including tomorrow. 

to me it looks like they wouldnt ever leave. Luke and Sue seem determined to become ensconced in both the fabric of the town and its re upholstering its amazing. we had years of pure spite and hatred from the OMBC and Franks clan have run a bath for that now things are buzzin 😎

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

to me it looks like they wouldnt ever leave. Luke and Sue seem determined to become ensconced in both the fabric of the town and its re upholstering its amazing. we had years of pure spite and hatred from the OMBC and Franks clan have run a bath for that now things are buzzin

Bit over the top even for you Monty !  ☹️

On 1/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, JoeP said:

It'll go Pete Tong at some point - it's Latics.

But I am struggling to think of factors that would result in us not at least making the play-offs from here.  Big squad, good manager, no night at the dogs planned...what am I missing that's going to catch us out?

There she blows...

It's becoming a trend.

Beat Barnet on a Tuesday night, lose to a team in the bottom four the following Saturday.

On a positive note, the next time we beat Barnet on a Tuesday night at the end of the season, there will be no bottom four team waiting to derail us on the Saturday.