MM has suggested he is wary about overdoing it with Sachdev, Conlon and Dallas cos they haven't had much game time in recent weeks. I suspect that if Hogan is missing he will go with McGahey and have Sutton as cover for CB and, if needs must, RWB.

Reckon Dallas will be on bench and get 20/30 minutes in place of Fondop or Norwood, depending on how things are going.

May see more of Hammond or Ward as sub for Conlon, again if things are going okay.

We then have a clear week of training to maybe look at working on system change, although I am mindful of the case for "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"

Certainly have plenty of options now, which can only be good.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Doubt it - Conlon may be given the armband if McGahey doesn’t play but Hogan is captain and will be when he returns from any suspension.

McGahey has been stripped of the vice captaincy.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

MM has suggested he is wary about overdoing it with Sachdev, Conlon and Dallas cos they haven't had much game time in recent weeks. I suspect that if Hogan is missing he will go with McGahey and have Sutton as cover for CB and, if needs must, RWB.

Reckon Dallas will be on bench and get 20/30 minutes in place of Fondop or Norwood, depending on how things are going.

May see more of Hammond or Ward as sub for Conlon, again if things are going okay.

We then have a clear week of training to maybe look at working on system change, although I am mindful of the case for "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"

Certainly have plenty of options now, which can only be good.

Exactly. It makes a refreshing change to have the ability in the squad to play different formations or players and still feel confident of winning the game. You're probably right about it being too soon to make big changes, and could just be Sutton/McGahey in for Hogan with Dallas coming onto the bench. I'd rather he goes for Sutton as a reward for what he's done in an unfamiliar position so far this season, but at this point I think Mellon will pick who he thinks will give us the best chance of winning rather than thinking of a player's future development.

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Is anyone else having imposter syndrome being 5th and looking up. . . I keep thinking the bubble will burst results wise 

I was just thinking that this morning👍😬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

McGahey won't wear the armband again after his Christmasgate antics - and rightly so. My bet is Conlon will have the armband once Hogan gives it up. I don't have a problem with Hogan as captain, he leads by example and has been there and done it.

Hogan passed the armband to Raglan after he went off against Hendon as Conlon and Norwood came on

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Exactly. It makes a refreshing change to have the ability in the squad to play different formations or players and still feel confident of winning the game. You're probably right about it being too soon to make big changes, and could just be Sutton/McGahey in for Hogan with Dallas coming onto the bench. I'd rather he goes for Sutton as a reward for what he's done in an unfamiliar position so far this season, but at this point I think Mellon will pick who he thinks will give us the best chance of winning rather than thinking of a player's future development.

My guess he will select McGahey again.  For this game why not go 442 or 433 and attack a team who must be low on confidence and will have done a lot of travelling this week?

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Is anyone else having imposter syndrome being 5th and looking up. . . I keep thinking the bubble will burst results wise 

It'll go Pete Tong at some point - it's Latics.

But I am struggling to think of factors that would result in us not at least making the play-offs from here.  Big squad, good manager, no night at the dogs planned...what am I missing that's going to catch us out?

Edited by JoeP

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

But I am struggling to think of factors that would result in us not at least making the play-offs from here.  Big squad, good manager, no night at the dogs planned...what am I missing that's going to catch us out?

Well we managed to ride videogate, at some point we are going to have to stop being pessimistic, the wheel has turned its our time. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Well we managed to ride videogate, at some point we are going to have to stop being pessimistic, the wheel has turned its our time. 

I too feel that after a generation of snakes, we are finally on the lower rungs of a decent ladder.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'll start to think that when we win the play-off final at Wembley with a last-minute volley...at THAT end!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Even with the big squad injuries to the wrong players (Norwood, Conlon already, Kitching, Sheron (Yes! Sheron)) would hurt. But let's keep our fingers crossed and enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

It's not rocket science. The last time Hogan was suspended, he picked McGahey, and if my memory serves me correctly, McGahey stepped in at CB at Woking. He played pretty well, I seem to recall as well.

I still maintain the belief that he's a fairly decent CB, and him being panned for his appearances in midfield is slightly harsh

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

It's not rocket science. The last time Hogan was suspended, he picked McGahey, and if my memory serves me correctly, McGahey stepped in at CB at Woking. He played pretty well, I seem to recall as well.

I still maintain the belief that he's a fairly decent CB, and him being panned for his appearances in midfield is slightly harsh

I agree, a midfielder McGahey is not. I'm sure MM will play his best side taking into account the opposition. It might be a good time to try 4 3 3 as we look to have a decent hard working midfield 3 of Conlon, Lundstram and Sheron. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Wonder what has happened at Woking.  Have been a fixture in and around the play offs for years but plummeting downwards apparently

Asked a Woking fan I know:

Firstly, a fixture in and around the playoffs is very generous! Last year was our first top 10 finish for seven years which also included a relegation!

But there's no hiding how disappointing this season has been. We ran out of steam in the last third of last season but it seemed like those issues were addressed in the summer. We've had horrendous injuries, but that's partly explained by the fact we deliberately seemed to recruit injury prone players who other teams didn't want to take a risk on. But there's no real explanation for how or why things fell apart so quickly. There's a new manager in and I'd hope we've got enough about us not to go down. But there's not a lot of optimism around the club atm.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

Even with the big squad injuries to the wrong players (Norwood, Conlon already, Kitching, Sheron (Yes! Sheron)) would hurt. But let's keep our fingers crossed and enjoy the ride!

I think Hammond will provide competition for Sherons place, I know that was only a small cameo on Tuesday but he showed awareness and decent mobility when he came on, if he can pass a football he may well come straight in. We've not bought him to sit on the bench.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think Hammond will provide competition for Sherons place, I know that was only a small cameo on Tuesday but he showed awareness and decent mobility when he came on, if he can pass a football he may well come straight in. We've not bought him to sit on the bench.

I would take him over Lundstram-Sheron was nigh on MOM on Tuesday and chips in with goals. Something Lundstram has not looked like doing so far.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This is no criticism because the conditions were awful and it was only a short cameo. But I thought he looked lost when he came on to be honest. 

But he did go into Sheron’s position and Sheron dropped into Conlon’s, which suggests he may replace him at some point.