5 hours ago, League one forever said:

Is anyone else having imposter syndrome being 5th and looking up. . . I keep thinking the bubble will burst results wise 

It’s definitely a weird feeling, you’re right. Let’s hope it’s onwards and upwards !

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

This is no criticism because the conditions were awful and it was only a short cameo. But I thought he looked lost when he came on to be honest. 

But he did go into Sheron’s position and Sheron dropped into Conlon’s, which suggests he may replace him at some point. 

I thought he looked assured so you may be right when you say we see a different game sometimes 🙂.

To be fair Stones struggled for first 20 on debut as did Sachdev, that's no criticism by the way. Conlon in his cameo against Hendon couldn't be judged coming in to the game cold, he looked a different man last night, Hammond had the awareness to spot the danger on Tuesday, looked fit and I'm presuming given his background can look after the football which is the most important aspect for me, Sheron is an unbelievable athlete he never stops but some of his work is chasing a ball he's invariably given away, I know that's harsh on the back of his 8/10 showing on Tuesday but them performances haven't always been there and that's why players have had to be brought in.

There's real pressure now, competition for places and that's what makes you perform better if you're a good player, some will sink now but others are really stepping up, Hogan and Sheron are examples of that and that's not being patronising given their careers at an higher level that's just the benchmark and expectation Mellon and Brabin are instilling, passengers cannot be carried and thats why some players have disappeared out of sight.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I know that's harsh on the back of his 8/10 showing on Tuesday but them performances haven't always been there and that's why players have had to be brought in.

You are right-it is a bit harsh. I bet you would struggle to find a less than 6/10 performance from Sheron over his career here. Players have been brought in to replace the likes of McGahey not Sheron.

Just now, whittles left foot said:

You are right-it is a bit harsh. I bet you would struggle to find a less than 6/10 performance from Sheron over his career here. Players have been brought in to replace the likes of McGahey not Sheron.

You might be right, I suppose time will tell.

12 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I don't mind Sheron he gives 100% every game, he struggles on the half turn and does give the ball away a little too much. We can do better but as a squad player I'd take him. 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

He played in the 3-0 defeat at Fylde when no player rated more than 4/10. And in the opening day defeat at Southend - 3/10 at best. Sorry.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

He played in the 3-0 defeat at Fylde when no player rated more than 4/10. And in the opening day defeat at Southend - 3/10 at best. Sorry.

No need to be sorry when the examples you have given are were the whole team was dreadful-bit hard to shine when the other 10 are doing nowt.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I don't mind Sheron he gives 100% every game, he struggles on the half turn and does give the ball away a little too much. We can do better but as a squad player I'd take him. 

His sliding crunching takes just in their half, lead to the second penalty 

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

No need to be sorry when the examples you have given are were the whole team was dreadful-bit hard to shine when the other 10 are doing nowt.

You said "I bet you would struggle to find a less than 6/10 performance from Sheron over his career here" - didn't realise we were only counting games where we played well.

• Like 1

Sheron is a great athlete and competitor and we will need him on the run-in in this rough, tough division.

Is he the midfield answer long term? Probably not. Another Conlon type is needed. But for now I  am more than happy to see him in every matchday squad.

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

You said "I bet you would struggle to find a less than 6/10 performance from Sheron over his career here" - didn't realise we were only counting games where we played well.

And that's before we even begin to think about his disastrous first three months at the club...

44 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And that's before we even begin to think about his disastrous first three months at the club...

Why keep looking back and cherry picking when the real relevance is how he performs now? Put aside your personal dislike and try to watch the performance now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Why keep looking back and cherry picking when the real relevance is how he performs now? Put aside your personal dislike and try to watch the performance now.

Personal dislike? I bloody sponsor him...!

• Like 5

19 hours ago, League one forever said:

Is anyone else having imposter syndrome being 5th and looking up. . . I keep thinking the bubble will burst results wise 

Collective trauma. We’ve suffered 30 years of crushing disappointment so we protect ourselves by expecting anything good to go to shit anytime soon!

We will get in the play offs this season. We will also drop points in games like this one tomorrow. But it won’t mean the bubble has burst, overall we’ll keep picking up points at a good rate and will finish quite high up the league. Then if we don’t make it up this season, we’ll challenge for the title next season. 

The club is in a different place now. Good people in charge, in it for the long haul. I’m well excited!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The club is in a different place now. Good people in charge, in it for the long haul. I’m well excited!

Long haul 😳 I’ll be 78 this year. I’ve already done one long haul - mid 50s to mid 80s. I haven’t got bloody time for another long haul. Quick as possible please. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Didn't he spend almost all that time playing CB or RB?

Yeah. 

Sheron is like a Darren Fletcher type- is he the most dynamic or easy on the eye when compared to others- no. Is he an honest pro, who will give you a good performance the vast majority of time- yes. 

As we progress and the squad gets stronger I accept he might not play every week, but id always have him as first reserve and in the match day squad. He’s invaluable in his own way- hence why every manager picks him and he won players player last season. 

16 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Long haul 😳 I’ll be 78 this year. I’ve already done one long haul - mid 50s to mid 80s. I haven’t got bloody time for another long haul. Quick as possible please. 

Ha, I meant they’re here for long haul rather than likely to run off if things don’t go their way!

16 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

TBF we've seen the best of it, I'd be happy with just a modicum of success, it's these young kids and twenty somethings who support the club in their numbers that I feel sorry for, all they have seen is shite, they deserve so much more. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

TBF we've seen the best of it, I'd be happy with just a modicum of success, it's these young kids and twenty somethings who support the club in their numbers that I feel sorry for, all they have seen is shite, they deserve so much more. 

I’m not sure that they ‘deserve’ so much more - football is a funny game after all.

It would be good though 🤞

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I’m not sure that they ‘deserve’ so much more - football is a funny game after all.

It would be good though 🤞

The crowds we are getting is down to high percentage of "kids". They have only watched crap football, I think they do deserve  it after what they have endured. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Are you in the UK now?

Edited by BP1960