MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 17/02/24

22 hours ago, latics22 said:

No denial or who is wise owl🙄😂 he did well to not bring up past issues he had but fell short with his complete and utter negativity.

Right. I think I get it now. Have just been catching up with posts. Believe it or not I don't spend my life on here. This is my first time on here. I have been living in the Granada Region of Spain (edit: 6 years ago this June I went) and landed back in this country a couple of months back. End of. 

P.S. I don't think I have been particularly negative? Just watched 3 utter crap games of football. What are you supposed to say, "Hey, that was fantastic!".

Edited by spanishfly
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

P.S. I don't think I have been particularly negative? Just watched 3 utter crap games of football. What are you supposed to say, "Hey, that was fantastic!".

Of course you can comment on what you see, but your constant referral to the last three games is a bit odd. As is your surprise at the level of football.  We were crap a long time before you moved to Spain. (Even in Spain you will have read or known we’ve had two relegations in the last 6 years.) In fact, since 1994 we’ve been overwhelmingly shit. 

We are right at the start of becoming less shit for the first time in 30 years. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I didn’t have an issue with your description of those 3 games. They were largely poor. I just couldn’t understand why you were extrapolating that so absolutely when it came to the rest of the season and the owners seething and money being wasted etc. Given the run of results and our league position prior to those games. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I just couldn’t understand why you were extrapolating that so absolutely when it came to the rest of the season and the owners seething and money being wasted etc. Given the run of results and our league position prior to those games. 

I take that on board. I was, perhaps, to eager to join in the debate and looking back was at a disadvantage because all I'd seen was 3 poor games. It might be my rose tinted specs but I swear the football was better, even in the season when I saw us relegated at Northampton before I fled (starts conspiracy regarding being a Costa criminal!). I`ll not comment now until we've seen out the rest of the season and a decent number of games. Never realised people got so upset at other's views on a board like this. I would never get personal over it, it's just views on a footy game after all 🙄

50 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Right. I think I get it now. Have just been catching up with posts. Believe it or not I don't spend my life on here. This is my first time on here. I have been living in the Granada Region of Spain for over 6 years and landed back in this country a couple of months back. End of. 

You'll soon learn that the life of a Latics supporter offering a relatively new insight in the form of a previously unknown screen name is fodder for the 'establishment'.....don't let it put you off....the establishment gets stale quite often.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spanishfly said:

I take that on board. I was, perhaps, to eager to join in the debate and looking back was at a disadvantage because all I'd seen was 3 poor games. It might be my rose tinted specs but I swear the football was better, even in the season when I saw us relegated at Northampton before I fled (starts conspiracy regarding being a Costa criminal!). I`ll not comment now until we've seen out the rest of the season and a decent number of games. Never realised people got so upset at other's views on a board like this. I would never get personal over it, it's just views on a footy game after all 🙄

Well the football was better in the league 1 relegation season that's a fact you are right we were playing league 1 football. We are now 2 leagues lower and not all the teams in this league are even full time professional. The majority of the games will be crap but if we come out Victor's in enough of them we will go up.

I don't think you are the only one I still think alot of us are still acclimatising to the National League in some way or another myself included.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well the football was better in the league 1 relegation season that's a fact you are right we were playing league 1 football. We are now 2 leagues lower and not all the teams in this league are even full time professional. The majority of the games will be crap but if we come out Victor's in enough of them we will go up.

I don't think you are the only one I still alot of us are still acclimatising to the National League in some way or another myself included.

Victor’s what? 

6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

To be fair, you don't see many hoofs played with the outside of the foot and with the right amount of drift to just take it away from the first defender. I'm happy to give Sheron the benefit of doubt on this Beckenbauer-esque piece of outrageous skill on this occasion, or call it a shank instead. 😂

Was a delicious ball

27 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

notice Sheron has stopped passing tp the oppo since we stopped wearing red against teams wearing green. could just be a coincidence.

The odds are only 12/1. Not a long-shot by any means 

44 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

notice Sheron has stopped passing tp the oppo since we stopped wearing red against teams wearing green. could just be a coincidence.

Red, Green, it's an  Amber shirt for Sheron.😁

On 2/18/2024 at 6:35 PM, Wardie said:

Precisely the kind of mentality which OAFC fans have to get over and do away with.
It's not just the players who need to change.

I rest my case....40 years of watching Latics ... there was nothing more certain 

• Bender unfeatured this topic