MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 17/02/24

12 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Everything and every games matters.

This gutless lot game from behind on Tuesday, well in the mix in the playoffs.

All good sir, enjoy the win, Wembley win on the 4th May!!!

I was being sarcastic to that morbid sod @GKing521 as he is always on the hunt for any negatives in the most positive of places. I enjoy every win. And unlike some on here I don’t believe there is such thing as a bad goal to score. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I was being sarcastic to that morbid sod @GKing521 as he is always on the hunt for any negatives in the most positive of places. I enjoy every win. And unlike some on here I don’t believe there is such thing as a bad goal to score. 

You’ll do for me 👍👍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Great performances from Green , Garner ,Fondop,Conlon, Hammond . Special mention for Sutton who came back in and was great. Their commentators said we are the best team they have played unlike any other side we dominated them to a man. Very encouraging performance we looked strong and well organised with threats.  Hammond looks like the player we thought Lundstram was midfield suddenly looks good.

A lot better without Lundstram, can't see him starting much now.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A lot better without Lundstram, can't see him starting much now.

Can’t blame him. Between Sheron, Hammond and Conlon we dominated them today. 

I’ve be vocal about Sheron and Hammond, so fair play. Please keep proving me wrong. 

Very good performance that, 4-4-f****-2! Proper midfielder in Conlon and Sheron and Hammond were solid and Green was excellent.

Garner and Mikey up top were a constant problem for their defence and ours was mostly untroubled apart from the scrambled goal in injury time.

Probably the best I’ve seen us this season although Maidenhead were pretty ordinary 

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Best we have played under Mellon. Commentators said we were the best team he’s seen this season.

Vital we got the three points with all the teams around us winning. 

Not quite the best imo. We were marginally better at Woking I thought. However a really confident and dominant performances with many positives to take to York.....which we need to win btw. 

Bar the first ten mins of the 1H which were pretty none descript, and the first 15 of the 2H where we were under a bit of pressure, we were in full control.

Great support also from the travelling army 👍

Honestly think Norwood would struggle to come in for either of the top two after today, you couldn't drop either on the last two performances and Fondop is showing if you give him the start and minutes he can do the business. Garner was relentless today also so with Dallas and Norwood both set to return we look really healthy for front men.

Special mention for Hogan, Green and Hammond who were outstanding and a mention for Sutton who deserves to be backed and supported, not shot down for every mistake he makes, fantastic character shown by him today under massive pressure.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Honestly think Norwood would struggle to come in for either of the top two after today, you couldn't drop either on the last two performances and Fondop is showing if you give him the start and minutes he can do the business. Garner was relentless today also so with Dallas and Norwood both set to return we look really healthy for front men.

Thought the same myself mate, but he will do. Probably for Mikey.