MATCH: Maidenhead United (A) 17/02/24

1 hour ago, LaticsEddie said:

Maidenhead with less than a goal a game at home on average and 3rd worst scoring record in the league 

vs

Us with the 3rd best away record and 7th best defensive record

Please dont do a typical Latics

When poor sides are fighting their lives and play defensively- we always struggle. 

When better sides fancy their chances against us, we sit deep and pick them off. 

We are in the very bizarre position of fearing relegation sides and wanting to play the top 7. 

1 hour ago, LaticsEddie said:

Maidenhead with less than a goal a game at home on average and 3rd worst scoring record in the league 

vs

Us with the 3rd best away record and 7th best defensive record

Please dont do a typical Latics

They've taken points off Solihull, Bromley, Halifax, Rochdale and Chesterfield at home since October so my initial assessment is that it'll be a difficult and tight game, and in the spirit of Mellon's comments after Tuesday I'd be taking a 1-0 win all day long!

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

So 3-5-2. Hobson restored to the starting eleven.

I wonder if we’ll see Green play as rwb instead of Sachdev?

Also, Hammond to keep his place?

And Lundstram has to be in last chance saloon surely?

While I don't disagree with you, we're not exactly bursting at the seams with possible replacements are we unfortunately 

They've only lost 4 at home all season so a point really wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd also like to see Green at RWB. I'd bring Sheron back, I think we missed his energy and pointing on Tuesday night. But I don't expect MM to drop Hammond after a game, young player, the hope will be that he'll improve with time in the team.

I'd really like to see Alex Reid on the bench if he's fit, he would be a good option. Let's not cut our nose off, eh?

23 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

While I don't disagree with you, we're not exactly bursting at the seams with possible replacements are we unfortunately 

From  MMs body language of despair watching Lundstram I guess he may have had his last chance. As for Hammond and Sachdev senior men's football looks a step to far at the moment.

Should anyone jump on my Atherton age assessment , he's a tough lad who gives as good as he gets. A player highly confident of his own ability no matter who the opponent.

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Hogan

Green

Lundstrum 

Conlon

Hammond

Kitching

Garner

Fondop

Sutton

Sheron

Walker

Dallas

Reid

Think you could have problems with the subs, yarddog73.

Pretty sure Mellon said Norwood, Walker and Dallas were all out for a couple of weeks.

Reid appears to be stuck in the space/time continuum!

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Hogan

Green

Lundstrum 

Conlon

Hammond

Kitching

Garner

Fondop

Sutton

Sheron

Walker

Dallas

Reid

I thought this too but he might bring in Sheron for Lundstram to give the guy a break. 

Sachdev shows why bringing in prem loanees is a risk - he would need more time to get up to speed. He’ll probably go out on loan next season to lg 1 or 2 and do great.  I think we’re defensively solid enough with the back 3 to play Green at rwb and he would bring more threat going forward. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I thought this too but he might bring in Sheron for Lundstram to give the guy a break. 

Sachdev shows why bringing in prem loanees is a risk - he would need more time to get up to speed. He’ll probably go out on loan next season to lg 1 or 2 and do great.  I think we’re defensively solid enough with the back 3 to play Green at rwb and he would bring more threat going forward. 

if MM played an advanced direct attacking central midfielder behind the front 2, and 2 out and out wingers how would it look?

Edited by BP1960

I think Sachdev offers a lot and can be used well if used right. He struggled Tuesday because their winger was a big strong lad and was using his physicality. 

Happy for Green to get the nod though. We need balls to be coming in from both sides not just Kitching 

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

I think Sachdev offers a lot and can be used well if used right. He struggled Tuesday because their winger was a big strong lad and was using his physicality. 

Happy for Green to get the nod though. We need balls to be coming in from both sides not just Kitching 

This when our attacking threat is so one-sided it makes it easier to defend. Teams could double up on Kitching with impunity knowing that the full/wing back on the other side won't cause them too many problems in the third.

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

top squad man Green decent assists chips in goals and terrifies defenders. deploy the Speedboat.

I don't rate Green at all, but his introduction at HT changed the game, I may have to re-evaluate my opinion of him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't rate Green at all, but his introduction at HT changed the game, I may have to re-evaluate my opinion of him. 

One thing that wasn’t mentioned by many after Tuesday’s victory was how well Green did tracking back and getting his foot in…

And while we’re on the subject, Fondop wins his fair share of defensive headers too 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Me too. Could be raising his game when surrounded by better players so fair play to him. Would be great to have more options in the rwb role. 

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Hogan

Green

Lundstrum 

Conlon

Hammond

Kitching

Garner

Fondop

Sutton

Sheron

Walker

Dallas

Reid

What I like about this team is that it could become 4-3-3 with Green pushing forward, Kitching dropping back and Hobson moving right if it's right for the circumstances as the match progresses, but for tomorrow it'll have to be 3-5-2 to begin.

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I like Green, he’s one of the very few players who takes the man on. Scares the shit out of defenders at this level. 

Interesting you say that, because that’s the one thing I criticise him for. I genuinely think he’s pretty shit, but due to his pace, he should look to run at the full back every time. I don’t think he does that anywhere near enough.

Even a shit cross can cause a little havoc.

Just looked at the fixtures and this is game 2 of a run of 10 games in 32 days. The previous 32 games saw us play just 4 times. 

With the injuries we’ve currently got it’s going to be a tricky period. Maidenhead look to have a decent home record. It’ll be a grind this.