MATCH: Eastleigh (A) 27/02/24

I think he is trying to put out a team that will compete for the ball.

Apart from Green, they are the players most likely to show some fight and pride. Hopefully Green will make something happen going forward.

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We are going into a game with McGahey, Sheron and Hammond as the midfield 3. Jesus Christ 

It's a surprise 8 at the back hoofball to the front 2. A cunning plan from MM as Eastleigh won't know how to deal with it never having played against it before.

Hopefully Green and Kitching can push on and help the attack, they will have plenty of bodies in front of back 3.  

Fingers, legs, eyes and whatever else crossed for a win, will gladly take our typical away performance of grinding one out tonight.  Draw not the end of the world but a win gives us a bit more breathing space.

25 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We are going into a game with McGahey, Sheron and Hammond as the midfield 3. Jesus Christ 

Well at least he has recognized that Lundstram and Sheron doesn't work (at last) and I have no problems with Conlon not playing because all he seems to do is loft it or hoof it up to the forwards. He took the worst free kick I have seen this year at York.

Who else could he pick in midfield?

Crazy really, with ten or so games to go we are in the playoffs but sitting here in a virtually empty leisure centre just before ko I have zero expectations and minimal hope…this is not what a promotion chase is supposed to feel like surely?!

2-1 Latics 🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Well at least he has recognized that Lundstram and Sheron doesn't work (at last) and I have no problems with Conlon not playing because all he seems to do is loft it or hoof it up to the forwards. He took the worst free kick I have seen this year at York.

Who else could he pick in midfield?

Gardner on the bench, Ward and Lundstram not in the squad. 

4 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He's not, he's just a kid who's struggled with the step up to mens football so far. Writing players off after 3 games doesn't help anyone 

Yeah, when we bring players in on loan they need to hit the ground running. That’s the point of a loan. We don’t have time for him to ‘make the adjustment’.  He’s gash.