MATCH: Eastleigh (A) 27/02/24

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

As they have done every time since Mellon took over, they've reacted well to a poor performance. And they've still not lost two in a row. Referee was a disgrace...

You have to agree, the poor performances are generally at home, with the 'reactions' away from home. It needs addressing to get us where we need to be.

Just got back on the M3 on our way back up North 😀😀😀😀

Cant believe that’s the same team I watched on Saturday. Some of the football we played tonight was brilliant. The build up to the second goal was outstanding 

• Like 2

Pity the fool that writes us off. What a fucking division.

Garner's two goals were a masterclass in poaching. The second was proper chefs kiss.

Was kind of watching on and off trying to do another thing but it felt a much livelier and stronger performance.

How Raglan didn;t get booked or sent off for scything down their forward with minutes left on the clock I'll never know.

• Like 3

What a difference tonight. Initially it looked to be set up to be a real defensive team but played some flowing football. Good first half with 11 v 11. Second half also good with a bit of nerves at the end. Overall a good team performance  

Do this please on Saturday 

Baffling all the stick Mcgahey gets. Some of the twitter comments were embarrassing when the team was announced. I think he’ll be released in the summer but he hasn’t been that bad when called upon in midfield. I actually think if he had a touch more pace he’d make a pretty good midfielder, but he is unbelievably slow. He’s also a leader and very vocal, I watched on TV tonight and he was the player I heard the most by a long way. 

Edited by daniel
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wardie said:

You have to agree, the poor performances are generally at home, with the 'reactions' away from home. It needs addressing to get us where we need to be.

We are in the playoffs, which is where we need to be. 9 games wasted on Unsworth has made that the best case scenario...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Pity the fool that writes us off . . . 

Geek fact but true, Bill Shankly's brother, Jimmy, played for Southend United. 97 goals in 150 odd appearances wearing the modest but iconic Shrimper badge 🙂

Despite all our off field problems we've just beaten Aldershot 4-1 last Saturday, and Alty 2-1 tonight.

Gauntlet thrown down, roll on Saturday😁

• Like 1

Time check. 

It’s roughly 50 minutes since the game ended. A game in which we extended our away record to 9 unbeaten - which must be a record or close to it. . 

. . . aaaand hardly any replies. Hardly anyone coming on saying well done without adding a but. 

If we lost tonight - (for the first time in 9 away games)  we would have had 20/30/40 posts already. 

I can only assume that many are much happier moaning about defeat than being happy with winning. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Much better performance from the boys tonight. - they owed us that one!

Owe us??? 😂

Two loses in ten before tonight, not lost in the previous 8 games away from home. Just carried on their outstanding away form. 

I know it’s shite to watch at home, but I’ll keep saying it, the bigger picture  was and is good. 

If we don’t win again at home this season, but finish in the Playoffs, I honestly can’t understand why anyone would care? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Time check. 

It’s roughly 50 minutes since the game ended. A game in which we extended our away record to 9 unbeaten - which must be a record or close to it. . 

. . . aaaand hardly any replies. Hardly anyone coming on saying well done without adding a but. 

If we lost tonight - (for the first time in 9 away games)  we would have had 20/30/40 posts already. 

I can only assume that many are much happier moaning about defeat than being happy with winning. 

Cos we just beat, erm Eastleigh