MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

Just now, AndyB2 said:

But they have evidently turned a corner on the pitch fairly quickly follow a relegation. Why is it taking us so long to point back firmly in the right direction? It shouldn’t be this difficult.

And don’t go quoting the number of years Wrexham et al were in NL. We have had financial backing from day 1. We should be significantly further along than we are. 

Just now, AndyB2 said:

But they have evidently turned a corner on the pitch fairly quickly follow a relegation. Why is it taking us so long to point back firmly in the right direction? It shouldn’t be this difficult.

After getting relegated from the division we're currently in. They're in the playoff places in the division below, we're in/around the playoffs in the division above. How are they going in the right direction but we aren't? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ceskylatic said:

Is your assumption with Unsworth’s players or having had the summer to recruit his own players?

The former. Am not aware of any signings made by Mellon that have made a material difference to our team. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Parts of this thread read like a four Yorkshiremen sketch of negativity. 

3-0 defeat? Luxury! I used to dream of getting beat 3-0 at home by chesterfield. We’ll be 6-0 down 5 minutes before the game kicks off. The league will relegate us 2 divisions at half time for playing 15 centre backs and on the way out we’ll be made to lick the boots clean of every chesterfield supporter there. And we’d be grateful for it. 

😂😂

It’s owtb tradition - absolutely slate everything about us before the game, then if we win come on later and say -

I’ll take it, but winning isn’t everything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

After getting relegated from the division we're currently in. They're in the playoff places in the division below, we're in/around the playoffs in the division above. How are they going in the right direction but we aren't? 

I didn’t say we aren’t going in the right direction. I am complaining at how long it’s taking to turn the tanker. 

I will say it again, 18-20 months in it should be better than this. 

2 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

The former. Am not aware of any signings made by Mellon that have made a material difference to our team. 

And unsworth would have added to the quote over the year (eg garner) as Mellon has. Please don’t claim that Mellon has overhauled the squad because he hasn’t 

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

I didn’t say we aren’t going in the right direction. I am complaining at how long it’s taking to turn the tanker. 

I will say it again, 18-20 months in it should be better than this. 

"Why is it taking us so long to point back firmly in the right direction?"

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

"I'm not saying we aren't going in the right direction, but why aren't we going in the right direction"

OK pal, makes sense. I wish we were in Scunny's place:(

Imagine spending your Saturday morning pulling someone up on semantics on an Oldham athletic message board because their life isn’t fulfilling enough. Don’t get to exercise your brain much at work do you so this is your outlet. Happy to be of service. There’s a good lad 

26 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I haven’t done the maths but with our Mellon record applied from day 1 I assume the gap would be perhaps 22
-24 points. Still thoroughly depressing and not really acceptable.

do you disagree? 

How many games has Cook had in charge of chesterfield? Maybe look at that before crying that Mellon hasn’t got us up to their standard in 20 games. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Imagine spending your Saturday morning pulling someone up on semantics on an Oldham athletic message board because their life isn’t fulfilling enough. Don’t get to exercise your brain much at work do you so this is your outlet. Happy to be of service. There’s a good lad 

Your lack of self awareness here is astonishing 

You're spending your Saturday morning whinging because your sports team isn't as good as you think it should be. 

And now you're having a tantrum because you've been pulled up on it

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Your lack of self awareness here is astonishing 

You're spending your Saturday morning whinging because your sports team isn't as good as you think it should be. 

And now you're having a tantrum because you've been pulled up on it

Boom. 

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

Scunthorpe seem to have sorted their shit out pretty quickly.

There's some weird stuff posted on here but that's a new entry, straight to No. 1 with a bullet 

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

There's some weird stuff posted on here but that's a new entry, straight to No. 1 with a bullet 

They will finish above us next season. You heard it here first. Thank me later 

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yeah…Grigg, Mandeville, Dobra, Colclough & Banks….Berry not even in the squad!

No keeper on the bench….get him nobbled early doors!!😆

Weird.  Need to be at them immediately.