MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If Chesterfield beat us on Saturday and Barnet don’t win, then the Spireites will become National League Champions at BP - that simply must NOT happen 😮

No they don't due to the ko times they become Champions at Woking. Their last game before being crowned might be at BP but they can't win the title at BP.

Edited by rudemedic
Realised Barnet are away

9 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No they don't due to the ko times they become Champions at Woking. Their last game before being crowned might be at BP but they can't win the title at BP.

But if Barnet do lose and they do beat us they will be champions at 5pm - so they will have won the title at BP 😉

Chesterfield will be feeling the pressure a bit. They might be champions later that day with a win so we should see this as a real opportunity to go at them from the start. 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Chesterfield will be feeling the pressure a bit. They might be champions later that day with a win so we should see this as a real opportunity to go at them from the start. 

I’m driving up for this one, leaving at 8:00am - we had better turn up and play some football 👍

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Thought similar myself. 

It does have typical Latics written all over it. (In a good way) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It does have typical Latics written all over it. (In a good way) 

I'm not sure that's a thing anymore..

Feels like it'll have an air of predictability about it. 0-3.

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’m driving up for this one, leaving at 8:00am - we had better turn up and play some football 👍

Well, I'm not sure I'd be expecting to see us playing football necessarily! Having a good go at it would do me.

If we lose we’ll almost certainly have to win at both Halifax & Altrincham to make the playoffs.

We are not suddenly going to play free flowing football. It will probably be  one way traffic as I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

I just hope he bins the negative 532 and picks a side that’ll give it a real go

We have one of the worst home records and they have the best away record……3 v 1 Latics!!😆😆

For some reason not looking forward to this one. I’ve seen Chesterfield a few times this season and they’ve battered their opponents. They’ve had a bit of a blip recently though by their standards, so hopefully they’ll put in a Dorking type performance. 
Factoring in our home form, and if they score relatively early I have visions of it becoming a bit toxic. Que a latics win, 2-0. 

This a massive game and we will need to see a huge reaction from the players.

If it is a complete hammering what do we think the ramifications if any, will be?
I can’t see the board being too happy especially with our performances of late.

If we do lose we will probably have to rack up around 14 points from the last 7 games to make the playoffs.

They obviously won’t be giving him the dreaded vote of confidence but we’ve made very little, if any progress on the pitch so far and that must give them some cause for concern.

We will need to hit the ground running next season and If Mellon isn’t in the top 7 early doors he will be under massive pressure and rightly so!

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I'm driving down for this one, also leaving at 8 bells.

And yes, we had better turn up. I don't want to see their midfield swarming straight through the acres in front of them. Whilst all the while waving at our midfield as they go, and yelling ' see ya suckers '. 

It's time our lot looked, and played like they actually want to put a show on for the home fans. And for a change give us something to shout about. Over to you Latics.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

And yes, we had better turn up. I don't want to see their midfield swarming straight through the acres in front of them. Whilst all the while waving at our midfield as they go, and yelling ' see ya suckers '. 

It's time our lot looked, and played like they actually want to put a show on for the home fans. And for a change give us something to shout about. Over to you Latics.

Our supporters will be right behind them at the start of the game. How long that lasts is wholly dependant on the players.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Lightweights. 

Some of us have already driven up for this one 😉

2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Have you got far to come ?