MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Quite a bold move by National League TV to not show about 10% of the actual game. I'm not seeing it catching on in sports broadcasting though.

Lost first quarter of the last match - asked for a refund but they refused and said they were 

" happy to see that you've got access to the stream" 

PS - they can stick it....

Edited by Punce
PS

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Putting @GKing521's surprising pessimism (😆) to one side, of the 7 games left only two (Altrincham and Rochdale, both derbies 👀) SHOULD be potential banana skins on paper.

Unfortunately, we ain't playing on paper.

Play like that and they can beat anyone. Unfortunately, we all know a different team could show up next week

Good game to watch, would of taken a point before we started, definitely didn't see that type of game coming, pleasantly surprised by our performance.  On the floor, one-twos, decent passing moves etc.

Thought we played really well first half, players were up for it today and put in a lot of effort.  Their subs made a difference and us running out of steam a bit second half changed the game slightly.  

Thought Dallas done well for 60 minutes, though could of and probably should of scored at least 1.  Norwood unlucky not to hit the net a few times as well.

Gardners best game for a long time.

Don't think their is much to criticse other than switching off after we went 2-0 up to let them straight back in.

8 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

We're probably fortunate Dobra and Colclough didn't start the game

Dobra is their best player by a country mile. Cannot understand why he isn't starting. Almost turned the game at Dorking when he came on.

We were as good as, if not better than Chesterfield today although the draw I'd fair.

We started well then tailed off.

We were OK.

26 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Never thought I'd be frustrated with a point from this game but there it is. Great game to watch but I thought we should've won by a couple. Positive performance though, plenty to take from it

Agreed. Best performance of the season. Norwood outstanding. Thought we were the better team throughout. Hudson didn't make a save second half.

GKing 521 its not often i lose my rag but you are a complete dickhead why dont you piss off and support someone you actually like , may be City but you would probably find fault with them  !!! 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Dobra is their best player by a country mile. Cannot understand why he isn't starting. Almost turned the game at Dorking when he came on.

We were as good as, if not better than Chesterfield today although the draw I'd fair.

We started well then tailed off.

We were OK.

Yeah, Grigg and Mandeville were on the bench too. Almost like Cook wasn't too bothered about winning and was happier to have their league clinching victory at home next week instead 

Edited by PlayItLivo

25 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Play like that and they can beat anyone. Unfortunately, we all know a different team could show up next week

Should’ve won, but I’ll take that 

5 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Yeah, Grigg and Mandeville were on the bench too. Almost like Cook wasn't too bothered about winning and was happier to have their league clinching victory at home next week instead 

They are at Halifax on Wednesday so could do themselves and us a favour.

Thought we could have won that 5-2 but just pleased with a proper committed display. Dallas pace frightened them. At last showing his value now fully  fit.

More of the same from now on and we are right back in this play off chase.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We played really well. Very disappointing result. To be so dominant and not win the game is frustrating. We need to be cleverer to get over the line...

Played very well and should've been able to see that game out.

Don't know what Raglan was doing for their first? Waiting for the ref to blow??

Was it a pen  for them? Either way, you can't let someone burst into your area like that and not expect to be in trouble. 

Liked that formation and line up even if it took a while to sink in that McGahey was right back and Lundstrum was on the right.