MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

Thought Sheron was MOM, if he could pass a ball he'd be playing in the Championship.

Best I've seen from Norwood and Dallas today, both did all the hard work and linked up well with the midfield. 

Lundstrum far more positive, made the first by thinking positively,  he continued to play in the same way and the crowd responded well, even on the odd occasion it didn't quite happen for him.

Mcghahey was solid enough, Gardner disappointing although he did show and offer an option wide left.

I thought there were some dreadful defending from both teams today, you can see why Chesterfield let so many in and the defenders for most teams are largely awful at this level. Raglan piss poor for the majority but backing off and not attacking the ball for the goal was criminal. Thought Hogan was hit and miss again and he again showed his frailties, didn't Jack it in like last week at least.

Should have won but more than happy with the performance, trick now is to play with that intensity against the lesser teams and we'll get our rewards.

Ref was a grade A cunt, blatant dive from Colclough and the liner didn't have the balls to let the ref know, referee has seen nothing there because Colclough basically threw himself on the floor, him and the ref are a pair of cheating cunts and I'm sick of getting done by officials guessing at decisions.

Frustrating but fair play for the performance. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Definitely.

Said the exact same at the game today. 

He needs a first touch as well. Aside from those two small deficiencies, yes he’s great 

Great team performance today and was worthy of a win. Actually a game of football that we as fans could get behind, support and be involved with. 

Shocked to see people buzzing with Sheron. Gave the ball away every time he got it. Him and Hogan the weak links today. 

Edited by LightDN123

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Great team performance today and was worthy of a win. Actually a game of football that we as fans could get behind, support and be involved with. 

Shocked to see people buzzing with Sheron. Gave the ball away every time he got it. Him and Hogan the weak links today. 

Sheron showed his pros and cons in the same passage of play a couple of times. Did something great then gave the ball away too easily. But I think he earns a place when trying to pick a balanced midfield out of our squad. 

3 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

He needs a first touch as well. Aside from those two small deficiencies, yes he’s great 

Not like you to focus on the negative. 😂

He had a great game. He’s played every game under 4 different managers. (I’m sure you’re a better judge though 😂) He is last seasons player of the year, and this season he’s our third top goal scorer. But yeah, he’s rubbish. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not like you to focus on the negative. 😂

He had a great game. He’s played every game under 4 different managers. (I’m sure you’re a better judge though 😂) He is last seasons player of the year, and this season he’s our third top goal scorer. But yeah, he’s rubbish. 

I like him. He serves a purpose and needs to start. But am going to pull someone up who claims that but for one part of his game he is a championship player. I mean that’s ludicrous.

If Joe Nuttall could score goals….

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Sheron showed his pros and cons in the same passage of play a couple of times. Did something great then gave the ball away too easily. But I think he earns a place when trying to pick a balanced midfield out of our squad. 

He’s got great energy and work rate, wins the ball fantastically at times. Usually followed by a pass to the opposition undoing his great work. 

He’s a great sub for next season, has to start this season. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Ref was a grade A cunt, blatant dive from Colclough and the liner didn't have the balls to let the ref know

Don't disagree about the ref though it was the lino who flagged for the penalty.

Some surprising takes on here (as ever) - disappointing not to get the win but we created chances from start to finish and if we play like that between now and the end of the season we will dispatch of the teams in front of us.

Whether we can replicate it 7 more times I don't know but hard to be anything other than positive after that. We're in a foot race with Altrincham, Gateshead and Halifax and I'm confident we'll win it if we keep that performance and effort up.

Edited by jsslatic

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

What is James Norwood referring to on Twitter ? 

Someone claimed he sacked off collecting his MOM award from the sponsors. He replied saying I had important appointment after game and if that is what is being said don’t consider him again. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Someone claimed he sacked off collecting his MOM award from the sponsors. He replied saying I had important appointment after game and if that is what is being said don’t consider him again. 

Ffs as in OAFC don’t consider selecting him again ?

We are doing our very best as a fan base (appreciate it’s one fan this time) to ruin this period having him as a striker. 

Let’s go back to Luamba and Chris Porter up top hey… 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Play like that and they can beat anyone. Unfortunately, we all know a different team could show up next week

Yep, it’s frustrating that we haven’t been beaten in the two league games against the runaway leaders and champions-elect, and could actually have won both of them. Got to reproduce that level of effort and skill over the last seven games now.

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We are doing our very best as a fan base (appreciate it’s one fan this time) to ruin this period having him as a striker. 

I suspect Norwood means don’t consider him for MOTM again, rather than selection!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

No, responding to any sponsors. Basically if you’re going to make stuff up, don’t give me MOM. 

• Like 1