MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 23/03/24

There is no simple fix. No magic bullet. For whatever reason this squad of players are not able as a collective to perform well enough, regularly enough, to mount a serious challenge. 

Mellon found a way of picking up points regularly to take us into the play offs but now we can’t seem to work out how to win games any more. 

Even with all that, we are still in with a shot of getting into the play offs and may even still win them. The league is just that shit. 

5 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

An absolute shambolic performance from start to finish. A pathetic gutless performance. Like under Wellens drawn our way out of the league. This time drawn our way out of the play offs. Cowards 

I mean completely different set of circumstances under Wellens, but yes - we don't appear to have any desire to get into the play-offs.

If we somehow manage to get up under this lot, the footballing Gods really have forgiven us...

22 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We definitely should have scored there but the bigger picture is that this team is nowhere near good enough to win the playoffs.

I’m not even confident of beating Fylde at home next week.

The notion that if we don’t go up we can be champions next season is also total bollocks.

We have an absolute mountain to climb!!

Be fine - hopefully Barnet go up in the playoffs, they look like the best contender. Then it should be a much weaker league next season.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

I mean completely different set of circumstances under Wellens, but yes - we don't appear to have any desire to get into the play-offs.

If we somehow manage to get up under this lot, the footballing Gods really have forgiven us...

Either that or they are revelling in holding one of the longest, sickest grudges in the history of the sport!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

There is no simple fix. No magic bullet. For whatever reason this squad of players are not able as a collective to perform well enough, regularly enough, to mount a serious challenge. 

Mellon found a way of picking up points regularly to take us into the play offs but now we can’t seem to work out how to win games any more. 

Even with all that, we are still in with a shot of getting into the play offs and may even still win them. The league is just that shit. 

Mate, I thought he'd been rotating the squad so they would be peaking right now?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

This ⬆️

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I seriously doubt it, still can’t find a way to get past these teams, bit of enthusiasm would help though 

30 minutes ago, Yorkyp65 said:

Should have scored at the end there but to be fair we didn't deserve it .Absolutely terrible. Mcgahey dreadful. Dallas useless , hoofball crap .

this lot are just not good enough, even to make the play offs.

Sheron can't pass or control the ball

McGahey ?? well

The rest below average.

Another season in division 5

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Mate, I thought he'd been rotating the squad so they would be peaking right now?

That was my guess at his plan yes. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. 

Not sure what point you’re making?

We will be shit until the day of Nathan Sheron in central midfield is behind us. He gets worse in possession each week, somehow. 

We have 0 width, which means we have no Plan B. 

Extremely disappointed with Walker today, useless. 

We have to win next two, simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That was my guess at his plan yes. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. 

Not sure what point you’re making?

I just thought the way you guys talked your guy up we'd have been higher than 9th at this stage.

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We will be shit until the day of Nathan Sheron in central midfield is behind us. He gets worse in possession each week, somehow. 

We have 0 width, which means we have no Plan B. 

Extremely disappointed with Walker today, useless. 

We have to win next two, simple as that. 

He won player of the year apparently, I mean I don't know what relevance it has to anything but he won it so that's it, he cannot be criticised 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

I just thought the way you guys talked your guy up we'd have been higher than 9th at this stage.

I thought we’d stay in the play offs once we got there. But we haven’t. 

Things not going the way you expected often tends to happen in life. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I thought we’d stay in the play offs once we got there. But we haven’t. 

Things not going the way you expected often tends to happen in life. 

Absolutely, for sure, for sure.

I cannot think of a single outfield player who played well today. 
A performance that was the polar opposite of how we played last week - the quality on the pitch was dreadful. And yet we could have won it at the death.

I cannot take much more of this crapball - I walk away from games frustrated and angry. 

I’m thoroughly, thoroughly pissed off… again 😱

32 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Be fine - hopefully Barnet go up in the playoffs, they look like the best contender. Then it should be a much weaker league next season.

It won’t be fine, It will be as hard as ever….You’ll have maybe Barnet or Bromley, Southend, Hartlepool, Halifax, Rochdale, Sutton & Forest Green.

Not to mention Gateshead, Solihull & Altrincham 

• Like 1

E I E I E I O, I'm glad all them points at home we've spunked away won't count for our playoff push.

Fondop three week ago would of buried that but then he has been getting splinters in his arse the past couple of weeks.

Got to win next two to have any chance now but that's unlikely, Gateshead play Tuesday and could go six points clear of us with six games to go and a far superior goal difference. Halifax in the final spot could go five clear if they win their game in hand.

What's done us is our form over the past 5, it's probably as bad as anyones and that's at the business end of the season when it matters. 4 from 15 would kill any team and I don't give a shit if we haven't lost many, we need wins.

I don't want to see 3/4 of that lot next season, they don't care enough. Add to that season ticket sales are likely to be piss poor and it's hard to see the positives. Shit football will be tolerated in favour of results but at the moment everything is awful about this bunch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It won’t be fine, It will be as hard as ever….You’ll have maybe Barnet or Bromley, Southend, Hartlepool, Halifax, Rochdale, Sutton & Forest Green.

Not to mention Gateshead, Solihull & Altrincham 

Yes, I think so as well.  I always did think it would be a 5 year job at this level.   Sad to say it though.

Still we have a club  and hope for the best and fear of the worst.    I will carry on supporting it,   come to far to dip out now

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What's done us is our form over the past 5, it's probably as bad as anyones and that's at the business end of the season when it matters. 4 from 15 would kill any team and I don't give a shit if we haven't lost many, we need wins.

This is the key. If we’d just maintained our points at the same level as before over those 5 games we’d be 4th now. 

If we get back to that level we’ll end on 72 which should be enough. That’s the challenge for them. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This is the key. If we’d just maintained our points at the same level as before over those 5 games we’d be 4th now. 

If we get back to that level we’ll end on 72 which should be enough. That’s the challenge for them. 

I think it's more likely to be 73 or 74 needed. Need 6 points next weekend or we are done.

44 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

And yet is still our best midfielder...

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

And yet is still our best midfielder...

Which probably explains why we are 9th.

I'm glad we've got the Fab 4 upfront though as well as Reid, Nuttall and Willoughby in the wings.

Dagenham played a centrehalf upfront today and still outplayed us.

Edited by yarddog73

We are now in danger of finishing behind Dale which is unthinkable really.

To put this in to context we are now 35 behind Chesterfield and 14 points off Barnet who've lost 12 games out of 40 in the League, anyone who thinks we'll be favourites next season needs their head testing.