MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 23/03/24

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I cannot think of a single outfield player who played well today. 
A performance that was the polar opposite of how we played last week - the quality on the pitch was dreadful. And yet we could have won it at the death.

I cannot take much more of this crapball - I walk away from games frustrated and angry. 

I’m thoroughly, thoroughly pissed off… again 😱

How can we not create chances in open play….we have Norwood, Dallas, Conlon, Garner, Walker & Hobson. All highly rated players for the division above never mind the National League.

On paper, these players would walk into almost any National League squad with ease but can’t even manage to complete even the basic of tasks for Oldham Athletic.

WTF are they doing in training, we aren’t improving one iota….they are a total embarrassment.

The Chesterfield game last week was probably the only proper 90 minute performance we have managed since the Rothwell’s came in almost 2 years ago.

Is it all down to the players? The manager and coach have to take a share of the blame surely!

Green shoots and all that….I’ve see nothing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm glad we've got the Fab 4 upfront though as well as Reid, Nuttall and Willoughby in the wings.

As well as our 4th centre back of the season playing right bleeding back!

Still think we might sneak back into the playoffs but equally wouldn't be surprised if Rochdale leapfrog us!!!

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We are now in danger of finishing behind Dale which is unthinkable really.

To put this in to context we are now 35 behind Chesterfield and 14 points off Barnet who've lost 12 games out of 40 in the League, anyone who thinks we'll be favourites next season needs their head testing.

We'll definitely be favourites with the bookies, why wouldn't we be with the guy who's won five promotions...

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Which probably explains why we are 9th.

Possibly, but I'll never get the targeting of a player who gets involved the most and through that makes more mistakes ahead of someone who does sweet FA and escapes scott free.  Conlon and Lundstram have been a fraction of the player Sheron has, yet it seems to be Sheron who's position in midfield is questioned first...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

How can we not create chances in open play….we have Norwood, Dallas, Conlon, Garner, Walker & Hobson. All highly rated players for the division above never mind the National League.

On paper, these players would walk into almost any National League squad with ease but can’t even manage to complete even the basic of tasks for Oldham Athletic.

WTF are they doing in training, we aren’t improving one iota….they are a total embarrassment.

The Chesterfield game last week was probably the only proper 90 minute performance we have managed since the Rothwell’s came in almost 2 years ago.

Is it all down to the players? The manager and coach have to take a share of the blame surely!

They are doing fuck all in training clearly, like I said previously many have gone backwards.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We'll definitely be favourites with the bookies, why wouldn't we be with the guy who's won five promotions...

Tongue in cheek I know …. but the last thing he won was five years ago and I’m not convinced he knows what to do anymore 😮

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Possibly, but I'll never get the targeting of a player who gets involved the most and through that makes more mistakes ahead of someone who does sweet FA and escapes scott free.  Conlon and Lundstram have been a fraction of the player Sheron has, yet it seems to be Sheron who's position in midfield is questioned first...

Not seen anyone target him really, he didn't find a blue shirt all afternoon so he will come in for criticism, I've been complimentary the past few weeks but he was back to his limited self today and probably 6/10 at best. I agree Conlon, Walker and Gardner were worse but if Sheron is the player we are going through we are fucked. I'd still play him but further up the pitch pressing. Conlon has been a huge disappointment, I've seen plenty of him and he's a cultured footballer but he looks like a pub player for us.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That’s the spirit eyresy, glad to see you’re finally getting on board. 

We were there today. First Oldham game of the season for us (we live in London). 

Everybody on here is blaming the players - and I agree they were not great. But the real problem today was the formation (especially first half). The Daggers had 3 in the middle against our two. 4-4-2 only works if you have proper wingers and strikers who make runs. Every time we had the ball - nobody was offering so we had to go backwards. This is not all the fault of the players - the system made it hard for them with the wide players and strikers not offering good options.

MM was trying to play Dallas and Norwood together at the expense of the system. It didn’t work.

Things were a lot better when Fondop came on and we changed shape. But it was too late by then.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Is Walker some sort of hypnotist? He couldn't get in an ordinary team in the division above and has pulled up any plants for us but consistently is described as highly rated

That centre mid for them, think his first name was Keenan ? Absolutely fantastic. Tackled, passed the ball well, kept hold of it. That’s a proper holding midfielder. On loan from West Ham. 

Not chasing your own mistakes. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not seen anyone target him really, he didn't find a blue shirt all afternoon so he will come in for criticism, I've been complimentary the past few weeks but he was back to his limited self today and probably 6/10 at best. I agree Conlon, Walker and Gardner were worse but if Sheron is the player we are going through we are fucked. I'd still play him but further up the pitch pressing. Conlon has been a huge disappointment, I've seen plenty of him and he's a cultured footballer but he looks like a pub player for us.

He's been midfield public enemy number one since last season.  If the midfield with him is bad, the midfield without him is worse by some distance..

thought the reaction at the end was unjustified but I can see why. We live in one of the poorest parts  of the country and fans work hard for the money to travel. The team turn up when they want like last week. We’ve been here year after year witnessing fuck all.

Mellon says he wants a team to represent Oldham. RIP it up and start again because we are far from a team which represents the values of the fans

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Haha off again I see

Well you can fuck off tbh, I’ve probably been supporting this club a lot longer than you but have finally come to the conclusion that it isn’t enjoyable anymore and certainly not good value for money or my time.

Today was once again dreadful. The players don’t care and the manager is a total dinosaur and his team selections are absolutely shambolic. 

If, by some minor miracle we get to the playoffs and Wembley I am sure I will come out of retirement but we all know that isn’t going to happen so with that, I am done.

Logging off OWTB and my love affair with Latics and heading off. Cheers all.

6 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

thought the reaction at the end was unjustified but I can see why. We live in one of the poorest parts  of the country and fans work hard for the money to travel. The team turn up when they want like last week. We’ve been here year after year witnessing fuck all.

Mellon says he wants a team to represent Oldham. RIP it up and start again because we are far from a team which represents the values of the fans

You didn't boo them off again surely Bradders?

17 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

People pay their money and are entitled to react how they see fit, personally I've booed them off once this season at Southend, now I just walk out - generally early to avoid the piss boil. 

Worry for me is the season ticket sales for next season which is a bit ironic as I'm probably going to give it a swerve myself if they go up in price.

11 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

No boos from the boo king but I’ve been there previously and understand the frustration of fans. 

Can't be booing a team that has been lifted from the bottom four to fifth by one man.

24 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Well you can fuck off tbh, I’ve probably been supporting this club a lot longer than you but have finally come to the conclusion that it isn’t enjoyable anymore and certainly not good value for money or my time.

Today was once again dreadful. The players don’t care and the manager is a total dinosaur and his team selections are absolutely shambolic. 

If, by some minor miracle we get to the playoffs and Wembley I am sure I will come out of retirement but we all know that isn’t going to happen so with that, I am done.

Logging off OWTB and my love affair with Latics and heading off. Cheers all.

Cheerio

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I thought we’d stay in the play offs once we got there. But we haven’t. 

Things not going the way you expected often tends to happen in life. 

If you only use hindsight, things always go as you expected.

• Like 1