Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Are we close to signing anybody yet. Keep being told Paul Lewis from Tranmere fans 

Yeah I’m ready for some proper rumours and a few signings now. Chesterfield signed 3 already. I’m nearly as excited about the ones we bin off as well tbh. 

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Quite a few signings already made in the National League! Don't mind waiting as long as we get the right players in.

Yeah Chesterfield have announced 3 as well already! 

For what it’s worth we didn’t announce our first last year until Lundstram on 6th June. 

5 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Yh a couple Tranmere lads I know said he’s awful

We're fucked, aren't we? I check this forum out of habit if anything but the club as we once knew it is dead. 

I caught some highlights of our heady League One days earlier. Mad that we're unlikely to play at that level again anytime soon,

5 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

We're fucked, aren't we? I check this forum out of habit if anything but the club as we once knew it is dead. 

I caught some highlights of our heady League One days earlier. Mad that we're unlikely to play at that level again anytime soon,

You and @AndyB2 should get together

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'll ask a civil question just because I'm interested.  Where have you seen him play?  Last time the answer I got was along the lines of 'I've seen him play, is that enough for you' which seemed a bit punchy but there you go.

You won't get a civil answer if you even seem slightly like you're criticising him. See below

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I've seen him you haven't, so you can't possibly say you are confident he isn't better than what we have. He's a very well built, quick, powerful right back, excellent going forward and can defend. If others in the team can't  defend why blame him alone?

You also cannot judge a player because he's in a relegation team.

I remember a player from a club who dropped into non league and later played in the top flight.

The NL has part time teams and you are calling it far superior?

As I've said before I recommend individuals whatever level or league position they are in.

If they have the ability and desire combined that's what I look for. 

I will never recommend a player from even an higher level if he has no heart.

He may or may not reach his potential, but IMO he's better than what we have which is always the criteria.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I've seen him you haven't, so you can't possibly say you are confident he isn't better than what we have. He's a very well built, quick, powerful right back, excellent going forward and can defend. If others in the team can't  defend why blame him alone?

I remember a player from a club who dropped into non league and later played in the top flight.

As I've said before I recommend individuals whatever level or league position they are in.

He may or may not reach his potential, but IMO he's better than what we have which is always the criteria.

You are right....no I haven't seen him play. I assume you have watched him many times based on your assessment?

But the fact that he's 24, has been playing for a shit relegated team in a shit league, and he has opted to sign PT for Bala rather than get picked up by ANY clubs at a higher level, probably means your assessment of him is bollocks!

It's good to admit sometimes you may have perhaps got something wrong.

Anyway let us all know when you hear of any rumours about him maybe signing for an EFL club and I'll be happy to bow down to your superior wisdom. 👍

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You are right....no I haven't seen him play. I assume you have watched him many times based on your assessment?

But the fact that he's 24, has been playing for a shit relegated team in a shit league, and he has opted to sign PT for Bala rather than get picked up by ANY clubs at a higher level, probably means your assessment of him is bollocks!

It's good to admit sometimes you may have perhaps got something wrong.

Anyway let us all know when you hear of any rumours about him maybe signing for an EFL club and I'll be happy to bow down to your superior wisdom. 👍

14 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Are we close to signing anybody yet. Keep being told Paul Lewis from Tranmere fans 

Please god no. No more players in their late 20s/early 30s on the slide out of the football league. Young, hungry, quick, athletic. We have more than enough experience in the squad already. 

55 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Please god no. No more players in their late 20s/early 30s on the slide out of the football league. Young, hungry, quick, athletic. We have more than enough experience in the squad already. 

You say this but our fan base doesn’t give players time to adapt, so young player growing in confidence is hardly going to help. You only have to look at Hammonds debut and calls of him being a lottery winner to see they don’t give anyone time. 

• Like 7

My favourite recent post, and I can't find it, was the one pointing out that whatever 'type' of player we go for, someone will moan that we should want someone younger/older/more experienced/less experienced/"hungrier" (whatever that means), etc.

I don’t see the point in getting wound up by a possible signing because other fans tell us they’re shit. Hartlepool fans told us Shelton was amazing. We laughed at Port Vale for taking Garrity. Maybe we learn from that and refrain from bed wetting until we’ve seen someone actually play?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I don’t see the point in getting wound up by a possible signing because other fans tell us they’re shit. Hartlepool fans told us Shelton was amazing. We laughed at Port Vale for taking Garrity. Maybe we learn from that and refrain from bed wetting until we’ve seen someone actually play?

What are you playing at? Less of the common sense observations, thank you!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 10:00 AM, Guy Branston Pickle said:

We sign players from clubs in lower divisions "why we signing players from tinpot clubs? 😡"

We sign players from teams who have won this division "well it didn't work when we signed players from Stockport 😡"

We sign players from higher divisions "why we signing L2 rejects 😡"

We don't sign anyone "😡😡"

We sign players in their late 20s who haven't played for a couple of months "😡 the club is dead"

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

And following on from that, if his first pass missed and he didn’t make his first tackle, he doesn’t yet warrant a label of “useless”! Some players are anxious when in a new team.  We have had some very good players who always needed 3 or 4 games before they were flying, even on return from injury.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

And following on from that, if his first pass missed and he didn’t make his first tackle, he doesn’t yet warrant a label of “useless”! Some players are anxious when in a new team.  We have had some very good players who always needed 3 or 4 games before they were flying, even on return from injury.

Yep. Hammond was written off after about 20 minutes last season. Some players need a run of games, especially youngsters, not all can hit the ground running like Stones. Unfortunately there's no patience in the fanbase at the moment, people can't wait to write off players

Posted (edited)

To be fair that's nothing new, just seems quicker to get there now.

And the web (and social media) doesn't help by amplifying every half-baked whine.

CNjO.gif

Edited by Crusoe
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 7:34 PM, aaronoafc said:

Yeah I’m ready for some proper rumours and a few signings now. Chesterfield signed 3 already. I’m nearly as excited about the ones we bin off as well tbh. 

FWIW chesterfld arent in our division

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

FWIW chesterfld arent in our division

I know?

Just an example of a lower league team getting some business done early, plus we get linked with the same players half the time

20 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I know?

Just an example of a lower league team getting some business done early, plus we get linked with the same players half the time

liverpool and city haven't bought anybody yet if we are doing random comparisons

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

liverpool and city haven't bought anybody yet if we are doing random comparisons

Liverpool and City don’t get linked with the same players as latics plus their season hasn’t finished yet FWIW

4 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Liverpool and City don’t get linked with the same players as latics plus their season hasn’t finished yet FWIW

😁😁

🗣lets not take me too serious during the off season..