Transfer Rumours 24/25

9 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Paddy Madden released told on the 24th April he was only given one year. Mate said we have offered two and more money than Stockport 

Good player but already 34 - would rather get some younger (cheaper!) players in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If Norwood goes- then great. 

If he doesn’t- he’s our youngest striker at 34. . 

Yeah I think Norwood will go.

No ITK just feels that way

32 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I reckon he’s going to be a replacement for Norwood 

If so hope MM has actually seen him play this season  and it's not an agent pushing for the best move.

Watched a Stockport game this season where Madden played really well behind a front 2. Think I suggested it as a possible role for Norwood. 

30 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Yeah I think Norwood will go.

No ITK just feels that way

I’m not sure you know mate, I don’t there’s many (if any) who will match his wages. 

Best case I can see- is if another club will pay a portion of what he earns here and we give him the rest as a pay off. But I can’t see there being the budget for that - if MM is to believed. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m not sure you know mate, I don’t there’s many (if any) who will match his wages. 

Best case I can see- is if another club will pay a portion of what he earns here and we give him the rest as a pay off. But I can’t see there being the budget for that - if MM is to believed. 

You see all season I’ve been saying no chance he’ll go, I even did a paragraph on here basically telling people they are wrong suggesting that he’ll go 😂

I’ve completely changed my mind now though, feel like he’s really soured on us (even more so than he already had). Rumours he’s done something and been told he can go. Back end of the season just felt like this was the last we would see of him. Be stunned if he’s not being touted out but yeah, his wages will be the issue. 

Reckon Salford could/would pay it. If he really hates it he might take a small pay cut to leave. 

Just felt like the end at the back end of the season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

There will be plenty interested in him. Fleetwood, Accrington, Salford and possibly Tranmere will all potentially have an eye on him and need someone of his calibre. He'll be gone.

Not sure on Madden. I can see there being interest for him as well. He played 130+ games for Fleetwood so will be a natural gravity. Reading the comments from County fans on X suggests he still has plenty in the tank to offer.

33 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

There will be plenty interested in him. Fleetwood, Accrington, Salford and possibly Tranmere will all potentially have an eye on him and need someone of his calibre. He'll be gone.

Not sure on Madden. I can see there being interest for him as well. He played 130+ games for Fleetwood so will be a natural gravity. Reading the comments from County fans on X suggests he still has plenty in the tank to offer.

Salford is a possibility to be fair, don’t see the others. Time will tell. 

Our first signing last season was Josh Lundstram on 6th June. 

Wonder when the first will be this year, assume similar. Can’t see much happening in May?

TBH this year I’m as intrigued about new signings as I am shipping some out! 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I wonder how much word gets around about how we play and how a lot of strikers with a decent reputation have come here and failed. Unless I'm after a pay-day, I wouldn't give us a seconds thought if I was Madden.  It's career suicide...

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

I wonder how much word gets around about how we play and how a lot of strikers with a decent reputation have come here and failed. Unless I'm after a pay-day, I wouldn't give us a seconds thought if I was Madden.  It's career suicide...

Or if it's a two year deal on good money a retirement sinecure...

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

All depends on how much belief they place in the manager to sew the seeds of success for them. Think that has a big part to play in where players move and if that manager sells their vision well enough, then they'll come.

Being here hasn't done the likes of Davis Keillor-Dunn or Mike Fondop any harm either so it's not a given you'll be kissing goodbye to your career. It might be a touch naive on my part but I truly believe the majority of players would trade in the chance of success for making a few hundred quid a week more at a club destined to be fighting the drop. Obviously performance consistancy has been quite poor, but we are a club that's [slowly] getting pieces together for a genuine promotion push and that has to be an attraction, whichever way you look at it.

12 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

All depends on how much belief they place in the manager to sew the seeds of success for them. Think that has a big part to play in where players move and if that manager sells their vision well enough, then they'll come.

Being here hasn't done the likes of Davis Keillor-Dunn or Mike Fondop any harm either so it's not a given you'll be kissing goodbye to your career. It might be a touch naive on my part but I truly believe the majority of players would trade in the chance of success for making a few hundred quid a week more at a club destined to be fighting the drop. Obviously performance consistancy has been quite poor, but we are a club that's [slowly] getting pieces together for a genuine promotion push and that has to be an attraction, whichever way you look at it.

See also Conor McAleny.

I was thinking along the same lines. If there's not much in it financially then surely players take the move that's best for their career and where they think they'll be happy. 

Mellon could be an inhibiting factor here. The way he's frozen players out and his talking down of the current squad would set alarm bells ringing for me as a potential employee.

14 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Mellon could be an inhibiting factor here. The way he's frozen players out and his talking down of the current squad would set alarm bells ringing for me as a potential employee.

Could be, couldn't be. Players talk to each other and have a wide network. If it dissuades one who doesn't like to bust a gut, but pursuades one who has a strong work ethic it might not be a bad thing. Players might look at him as a serial promotion winner too. Definitely two sides to view this, depending on your outlook.

• Like 1