Transfer Rumours 24/25

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We could do a lot worse...

Ex Latics keeper Lawrie Walker is looking for a club, despite having a very good season and highly rated by their fans.

51 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Better still just sign Stones permanently.

You know that if we do then his dodgy knees will fall apart by the end of August...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You know that if we do then his dodgy knees will fall apart by the end of August...

And he'll start playing like Joss Stone, rather than Josh Stones, if he signs permanently. 

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

True but the Hendon goal was the straw that broke the camel's back for him with me.

In think he'd be good enough with enough match practice. 

For every Hendon, there's a Chesterfield under Unsworth. He's capable of some worldie saves. 

Dorking were willing to pay cash for him last season - and I trust their judgement on recruitment ahead of ours!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JoeP said:

In think he'd be good enough with enough match practice. 

For every Hendon, there's a Chesterfield under Unsworth. He's capable of some worldie saves. 

Dorking were willing to pay cash for him last season - and I trust their judgement on recruitment ahead of ours!

I'd take Harrison Male from Dorking. Very impressive.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I mean I know you aren't being totally serious there, but he'd be top of my list of signings. He'll get more out of James Norwood and its a signing that will get the fans on side hes young hungry and gives us energy. We can offer him regular football at a time in his career when he needs it at a place he'd be wanted. He's a great fit for us.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I mean I know you aren't being totally serious there, but he'd be top of my list of signings. He'll get more out of James Norwood and its a signing that will get the fans on side hes young hungry and gives us energy. We can offer him regular football at a time in his career when he needs it at a place he'd be wanted. He's a great fit for us.

Do you think Norwood will be here next season, I have my doubts although a rejuvenated James Norwood playing alongside Stones with Garner and Fondop as back up does appeal to me.

He might fancy one last hurrah and it would be a terrific opportunity to win something else for him, here's hoping.

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Have you followed us for long....? 😁

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think Norwood will be here next season, I have my doubts although a rejuvenated James Norwood playing alongside Stones with Garner and Fondop as back up does appeal to me.

He might fancy one last hurrah and it would be a terrific opportunity to win something else for him, here's hoping.

I've no idea if he will be here or not Id like him here but if he's got his mind on a move elsewhere or he isn't fully bought in then I wouldn't stand in his way if he wants to leave it would be best for all concerned.. But if he is then we need to get the best out of him because he will win us matches and have him play alongside the right kind of players. Stones certainly falls into that bracket.

Edited by GlossopLatic

48 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not to mention the fact he's way better at football than the rest of our players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mick26 said:

Good swap but hopefully doesn't bring Norman back in!

There's absolutely no way this would be a direct swap.

I'd assume us being interested in Stones is unconnected to Wigan having a look at Hudson.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Ex Latics keeper Lawrie Walker is looking for a club, despite having a very good season and highly rated by their fans.

You saw his appearance against us at Barnet this season then , no thanks