Transfer Rumours 24/25

42 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Keep digging.

If you say things that aren’t true, and then go to the effort of pulling old posts up to prove they are- only to be wrong again- there’s only one of us digging. 👍🏻

New Players not signing a good contract because of an Interview was never in issue. 

New players seeing that and hearing about it from players already here isn’t good. 

The first one is about money and looking after yourself. 

The second one is about putting your best performances in for a divisive manager. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If you say things that aren’t true, and then go to the effort of pulling old posts up to prove they are- only to be wrong again- there’s only one of us digging. 👍🏻

New Players not signing a good contract because of an Interview was never in issue. 

New players seeing that and hearing about it from players already here isn’t good. 

The first one is about money and looking after yourself. 

The second one is about putting your best performances in for a divisive manager. 

The manager isn't divisive...certain elements in the playing staff are divisive. Every manager tells players they don't figure or do figure in their plans. 

• Like 1

To state the obvious, none of us knows what is said or what goes on in the dressing room or on the training ground. People who have watched us more often than me in the season just ended were expressing doubts about our promotion hopes even when we were 5th and looking nailed on for a play off place at least. 

On MM’s infamous interview, feels a bit like a chicken and egg job - which came first? Was he genuinely trying to fire up the players he expects to be here for next season, and has he motivated them to prove him wrong, so that they finally show some consistently good form next season? We’ll have to wait to find out. Or did he catastrophically misread the character of the players on the run in? If so, is that his fault, or are these players who we don’t want/need for a successful promotion bid next season? Again, only time will tell.

We are not too far off being a good team. We need 3-4 very strong characters who won’t go missing and who are genuinely creative, skilful players. If we get them, I think MM can mould a promotion winning side.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

The manager isn't divisive...certain elements in the playing staff are divisive. Every manager tells players they don't figure or do figure in their plans. 

I disagree. 

And there’s nothing wrong with it to a certain extent. Lots of very successful managers can be classed as divisive. My way or do one- mourinho. I want him to drive out the mentality weak or the can’t be arsed crew.

Just don’t do it publicly- especially in our circumstances at this moment in time. It was and is wrong in my view. 

If we had 6/7 players left in contract who he rated and he blasted the rest who were leaving or he wasn’t renewing then no problem. 

Anyway.

Apologies all- this is the transfer thread. 

Back on topic. 

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Yes they did. There was a whole conversation about potential new signings watching that video and being turned off. Keep up.

I don't think anyone said nobody would sign for him but I certainly said it wouldn't be helpful. Have we signed someone?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Yes they did. There was a whole conversation about potential new signings watching that video and being turned off. Keep up.

But then again who gives a shit. They're all only interested in the money.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

But then again who gives a shit. They're all only interested in the money.

And no amount of money is worth anything if you can't be true to yourself 

9 hours ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Fuckin hell 🤣

Atleast I can look myself in the mirror and be satisfied that all my money was hard earned

I wouldn't pay most of our squad in washers 

15 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Whether you were or not

Nothing would surprise me any more, you only have to look around.

Nah they are not naive enough to think you can just throw a few quid at it and promotion will be guaranteed at the 1st attempt. The accounts showed that they invested £5million of working capital we haven't burned through that yet andcif so I think their will be more to come. We will have a top 7 budget next season.

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

I disagree. 

And there’s nothing wrong with it to a certain extent. Lots of very successful managers can be classed as divisive. My way or do one- mourinho. I want him to drive out the mentality weak or the can’t be arsed crew.

Just don’t do it publicly- especially in our circumstances at this moment in time. It was and is wrong in my view. 

If we had 6/7 players left in contract who he rated and he blasted the rest who were leaving or he wasn’t renewing then no problem. 

Anyway.

Apologies all- this is the transfer thread. 

Back on topic. 

Managers by and large enter a team being careful with comments to players and publicly. They get to know everyone and then, if we aren’t playing well, start being more critical in the changing room. Most continue to be publicly supportive of the team. 

Unfortunately with this group of players, to many don’t take well to criticism. Suddenly those players stop putting in that last 10% effort. As it becomes more obvious that isn’t going to improve, the manager goes public to show HE is trying.  We have seen this pattern again and again, particularly the last 2 managers.

Somehow we need enough of a core of players who care to win and gel as a team, so those not trying can be left out till they do put the effort in or go.

presently there are too many who don’t care about club, team mates and manager.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Managers by and large enter a team being careful with comments to players and publicly. They get to know everyone and then, if we aren’t playing well, start being more critical in the changing room. Most continue to be publicly supportive of the team. 

Unfortunately with this group of players, to many don’t take well to criticism. Suddenly those players stop putting in that last 10% effort. As it becomes more obvious that isn’t going to improve, the manager goes public to show HE is trying.  We have seen this pattern again and again, particularly the last 2 managers.

Somehow we need enough of a core of players who care to win and gel as a team, so those not trying can be left out till they do put the effort in or go.

presently there are too many who don’t care about club, team mates and manager.

How different with the youth team where every player gives 100%, even though some know they might not be offered contracts. The coaches style football is a joy to watch. This is the spirit we need in the first team.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How different with the youth team where every player gives 100%, even though some know they might not be offered contracts. The coaches style football is a joy to watch. This is the spirit we need in the first team.

They're all playing for a contract. Most of first team aren't 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, League one forever said:

I disagree. 

I don't have a problem with MM's interview (some of his team selection and subs, however..).  It needed saying.  He's tried the "keep it behind closed doors" approach (as did our friend Unsworth (apart from with Vaughan - who was a strange choice to make an example of)) and the players haven't responded either way.  Will the in-contract players want to play for him next season?  Probably not, but I doubt they would regardless.  I don't think it'll stop players signing for us, if they're people who will buy into what MM's trying to do.

There's bad apples in the changing room, I have no doubt - why should MM protect them?

There's still questions around MM, but it's a good sign that he's shifting people out who might think being here is an easy pay-day.  As I say - it's more crucial to get better people in, rather than better players...

...and Josh Stones - who probably ticks both boxes!

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Most of first team aren't 

All footballers should always be playing with an eye on a new contract surely, whether it be for their current club or not!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They're all playing for a contract. Most of first team aren't 

Most of our players have a vested interest in being in this division. Not many are good enough for higher and lower usually means part time.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Big young player with scope to improve to my recollection.

24 and has scored against us a few times but Halifax fans aren't too fussed he's leaving and say he doesn't score enough.

4 minutes ago, mick26 said:

24 and has scored against us a few times but Halifax fans aren't too fussed he's leaving and say he doesn't score enough.

Many sad to see him go according to tweets.

On 4/26/2024 at 6:11 PM, BradKnowles1 said:

Some names which have been doing the rounds in different latics chats Im in. Not sure if any substance to them: 

Paddy Madden offered two year deal Stockport only offered ine. 

Paul Lewis Tranmere 

Jeff king chesterfield 

ash palmer chesterfield 

Cian Hayes seen on Twitter 

we need a right back Connor Barrett out of contract for fylde. 

Tylor Golden another we have visited before out of contract 

Paddy Madden released told on the 24th April he was only given one year. Mate said we have offered two and more money than Stockport 

8 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Paddy Madden released told on the 24th April he was only given one year. Mate said we have offered two and more money than Stockport 

We’ve got enough senior citizens up front without adding another!!

• Like 1