Transfer Rumours 24/25

I think people need to calm down placing so much faith that Stones will be the messiah. Really are setting the lad up for a fall. 

Sure,  he did well in his cameo appearances but he's still young,  raw and learning his trade. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lags said:

I think people need to calm down placing so much faith that Stones will be the messiah. Really are setting the lad up for a fall. 

Sure,  he did well in his cameo appearances but he's still young,  raw and learning his trade. 

I don't think anyone is putting up as the Messiah he certainly won't transform us on his own but he's the type of player I'd like to see us sign, I also don't think it's as unrealistic a signing that some think either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fervid said:

I will eat my hat if we sign Stones permanently, not a chance in hell. 

TBF I’ve heard the same rumour from a very good source. He wants ti come to us too is the further thing I heard.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

TBF I’ve heard the same rumour from a very good source. He wants ti come to us too is the further thing I heard.

Off the little we saw they'd be mad to let him go permanently, it would be a massive coup to sign him. Even if we got him on a season long he's the kind of player we need - young, hungry, dynamic, strong and pacey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

But no-one will want to play for us after MM's post match interviews and the boos from the stands?!?

• Like 8

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

Agreed. 

I really want us to sign some pace, we are so slow in transition. 

Aah, transition. The fancy 2024 name for getting the ball back. Low block and second ball, there’s another two arty farty expressions that numpty fans quote.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Greek said:

Aah, transition. The fancy 2024 name for getting the ball back. Low block and second ball, there’s another two arty farty expressions that numpty fans quote.

😂😂

Sorry, I’ll dumb it down. 

Smash him, and Gerrrit forward quicker. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Greek said:

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

😃

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Not forgetting:

"Bloody 'ell [insert name of Right Back]!!!" *

*Assuming we sign one 😳

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

But no-one will want to play for us after MM's post match interviews and the boos from the stands?!?

Eh? 

How are you conflating new signings with his post match comments? No one said that new players won’t sign or play for him. 

His post match comments come about because the current players weren’t performing him. . a lot of the same same players who he said aren’t good enough will be here next season. 

The point is-  He’s made his job needlessly harder in creating the environment he wants because he can’t sack them all. It’s very conceivable he’ll be working with at least a 3rd of a squad he has publicly said aren’t good enough. . that doesn’t bode well for a group all pulling for promotion. 

He knew the contract lengths when he took the job, he knew we were hamstrung by very poor recruitment. So. . play the game with players, get the best results you can with what you’ve got (which he was very good at initially) and mould it over 3/4 transfer windows. 

Do not say after one window- they’re not good enough- I know what good looks like but I haven’t got a magic wand.

Very naive. 

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

We've also completely run out of money.

No one thought we would be struggling for money until Mellon said - we’re already over budget.  

But he was probably joking, or deflating the market, or actually saying that over budget means under budget. 

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No one said that new players won’t sign or play for him.

Yes they did. There was a whole conversation about potential new signings watching that video and being turned off. Keep up.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 10:39 PM, Dave_Og said:

Any player he tries to sign will watch that. It's not a great advert for the club or him.

(you liked this post!)

On 4/28/2024 at 1:11 AM, League one forever said:

Spot on. 

Time will tell, but I just think he’s made his job harder than it already is. 

I rest my case. :chubb:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Yes they did. There was a whole conversation about potential new signings watching that video and being turned off. Keep up.

Ah, fair enough. I must’ve missed that. 

I don’t think new players will care one iota if the money is right. 

But signing a nice contract is very different to when your new mate in the dressing room starts bitching in your ear about the manager. Or when your new mate isn’t putting a shift in because he was told last season he isn’t wanted. 

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

(you liked this post!)

I rest my case. :chubb:

Sorry- where does that say-  they won’t sign??? 

You’ve literally made that up. 😂

Dave is saying - any player who watches that won’t have a good impression of him or the club- which I liked because I agree with him. I don’t think a player will watch that and think, oh he’s inspiring. 

Then they will offer him another £500 a week and he will take money over the man.  It’s not difficult- keep up. 😉