The worse kit launch in history

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the earlier comments....expected an abomination but then actually looked at the kit

Not going to win awards but most clubs have had much worse as away strips - and, as has been said, as a full kit with shorts and socks looks ok.

Does seem an element of whatever it was it wouldn't be right for some....though they are obviously entitled to their opinions (and quick to voice them)

Somebody on Twitter has payed £53 for the shorts and top in size 4-5 for a little kid. I've just checked and you can get a full Yoonited kit for the same age group, £32 at Sports Direct. Daylight robbery.

I like it...

It's alright isnt it?

You'd say straight forward design, minimal fuss, no frills (cheap to some?)

It's hardly an abomination is it?

Granted not massively worth a big build up; especially with it being late, but its hardly as bad as some are making out anyhow.

I dont buy current kits anyway, and if on the rare occasions i do wear a shirt to the game, its a retro one. But, for those that do buy the current kits, if you do that each season; is it really that bad of a shirt that it would stop you doing that this time?

Like any reproduction top, it will look better on a trim torso than stretched over a beer belly, so it should look ok on the players, as long as they don't decide to pass the ball to the steward on the sidelines. Yellow, according to the wife, is the 'in-colour' for fashion. What worries me though, is the apparent lack of quality in the stitching, especially around the Latics logo.

Horrible kit cant think of too many we have had that are worse to be honest - looks like a sunday pub team kit

The kit does look cheap - lets be honest it was never going to be anything other than that

I suppose the colour of it matches the trend for bright coloured boots these days - maybe the young kids will like it and the nag factor will push up sales

Still it doesn't matter what we play in as long as we win but I wont be buying one

Kits are really difficult because, apart from quality (well, even that to a lesser extent), [and the way the fabric seems to pull around the badge makes me worry about that], the idea of whether a kit is 'good' is extremely subjective.

However it seems plain that some people will have a pop regardless of anything.

And big build up? Wasn't it last week that people were complaining about the lack of information or hype or anything coming out of the club?

I tell you, this site really brings you down.....roll on the season start, just hope I can make it to Colchester!!

At least on a foggy day they should still be able to spot a teammate to pass to.

They can spot a teammate but the accuracy of the passing is another question altogether.

I don't think it's better or worse than many other of our recent efforts. Didn't we wear a similar one a few years back? Chris Taylor last-minute winner against Millwall? Lee Hughes hatrick against Millwall? Rings a bell anyway.

The shirt XL was £39.99 reduced from £49.99. So I have myself a bargain. The kit will look good with the black shorts and highviz socks. I bought it because my orange top is rather hot when cycling and this one will be perfect when I go to France next week.

It is obviously a Sports Direct shirt because the quality of manufacture and finish are not up to anything we have had over the last ten years. If the new stand is finished like this it will need a refurb in 10 years