Dowie or Sheridan?

Dowie or Sheridan?   

163 members have voted

1. 1. Dowie or Sheridan?

• Dowie
    • Sheridan
    • You can't ask me to make such a choice you heartless bastard

Gone for Dowie on the basis I think he'd have a bigger short term impact for this playoff push.

However, if playoffs weren't within reach and it was an appointment at the start of a season, I simply couldn't choose. Absolutely love Shezza and really rate Dowie.

I voted for Dowie simply because his profile and experience sits at a higher level than Shez, and it should guarantee that the likes of Smalley, Trotman, Allesandra and Reid will not return to our club as they've all found their level.

Wouldn't mind Clint Hill coming back as captain though.....just to extend his career with us!

Edited by hollandspies

Interestingly, with the gloriously bad exception of Graeme Sharp; Frizzell, Royle, Dowie, Rithcie & Johnson are all first time managers and arguably the most succesful of the past 30 years.

So it's odds on a first time manager.

I loved them both, but I'm a little more wary of Sheridan's abrasive personality.

Whilst he got promotion from LEague 2 and JPT, it was also coupled with a relegation

And seems to have dropped off at the business end of the seaosn a la 2008/9 for us.

If we go for an experienced manager, I think I'd prefer someone else than Shez. Legendary player though.

Andy Ritchie's got unfinished business as Latics manager - was very harshly sacked - and has gotten a team promoted from this division before.

Very true, and what he did here he did with barely two buttons to rub together. I'd love to see him back.

No, his business was well and truly finished.

Infact, his business has only just started... he's coaching the kids of today in Rotherham & Sheffield, imagine paying for your kid to be coached by Dave Penney? No thanks.