• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a f*** about attendances at rochdale. I would swap with them right now. 19 years in the same s*** league. 19 years of finishing between 7 and 20th except twice. At least they have had something to cheer in those years. The most exciting thing we have had is different suppliers of pies

Edited by OAFC_ULTRA

Who cares? Tranmere and Stockport could easily say the same about us.

Rochdale's crowds are more likely to be going up than ours if they continue as they have been for the past 2 years. Maybe they will overtake us in 5 years.

14 games without 2 goals is only going to send crowds one way, and 72 goals for Dale last season is only going to send their crowds the other...

Here's a stat for you:

Out of the whole 92, Latics currently hold the longest streak for not having scored more than two goals in a single game. Only the 14 since we last did...

Suggestions for rectifying it?

Move two strikers out and replace them with another midfielder and a rightback?

Imagine 36 years in league 2...

Seriously though, maybe if we stopped trying to tread water in this division and actually put a plan in place we might actually achieve something better in the long run.

I get the impression Rochdsle try and bring through young players (often released by other clubs) and sell them on. I'm sure it allows them to cover costs on smaller crowds. I'm also sure there is none of this league one of bust bollocks that is spouted by corney and some of our fans. It's only league one or bust because there is no plan and direction in place from the board. If we were committed to something more long term on the footballing side, I'm sure the fans could buy into it.

Instead we lurch from manager to manager and journeyman to journeyman. Which I'm positive leads to more and more people losing interest.

Edit to say, just had a look at their squad and it seems the majority of it has been in place for around two years. I'm sure this consistency along with the manager must help. Just wish we could find a manager to stick with through thick and thin.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

Imagine 36 years in league 2...

Seriously though, maybe if we stopped trying to tread water in this division and actually put a plan in place we might actually achieve something better in the long run.

I get the impression Rochdsle try and bring through young players (often released by other clubs) and sell them on. I'm sure it allows them to cover costs on smaller crowds. I'm also sure there is none of this league one of bust bollocks that is spouted by corney and some of our fans. It's only league one or bust because there is no plan and direction in place from the board. If we were committed to something more long term on the footballing side, I'm sure the fans could buy into it.

Instead we lurch from manager to manager and journeyman to journeyman. Which I'm positive leads to more and more people losing interest.

Edit to say, just had a look at their squad and it seems the majority of it has been in place for around two years. I'm sure this consistency along with the manager must help. Just wish we could find a manager to stick with through thick and thin.

To be fair I think we had a plan with LJ. The club had a different feel to it, a young ambitious manager who was building a decent team even if results were somewhat inconsistent. A new stand on the way. The loss of LJ was a big blow regardless of whether people think he was a good manager or not. We lost Conroy (=LJ on predictive text?!??!) and were forced to start over again.

If stories are true that SC made it happen and LJ wasn't pushing for the move it was a major error. Continuity is the key to building something and finding a new manager should be a careful and considered process that probably shouldn't include Barry. SC should have TP involved in the interview process instead. There's no point to to have Barry help pick a manager, he's just a fan playing director, one who in my experience knows very little about football. It would be nice if we had an external consultant we could bring in also but the only person who fits the bill would be Joe royle, maybe that's the way to go.

Edited by LeylandLatic

To be fair I think we had a plan with LJ. The club had a different feel to it, a young ambitious manager who was building a decent team even if results were somewhat inconsistent. A new stand on the way. The loss of LJ was a big blow regardless of whether people think he was a good manager or not. We lost Conroy and were forced to start over again.

If stories are true that SC made it happen and LJ wasn't pushing for the move it was a major error. Continuity is the key to building something and finding a new manager should be a careful and considered process that probably shouldn't include Barry. SC should have TP involved in the interview process instead. There's no point to to have Barry help pick a manager, he's just a fan playing director, one who in my experience knows very little about football. It would be nice if we had an external consultant we could bring in also but the only person who fits the bill would be Joe royle, maybe that's the way to go.

Joe Royle reccommended Dave Penney remember ???