Connor Ripley staying!

One of my biggest critiques of him early in the season was how he seemed to just fall over whenever he faced a pen and never looked like saving it. Credit to him and Nash for the research they have clearly put into analysing penalties being taken (Gregory had one against him earier in the season). As I've mentioned previously, I don't like jumping on the hype of many of our players, but this guy is unbelievable...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I get it just because he's black he's a gang member yeah ? Tut tut you should be ashamed of yourself. Next thing you will be chanting Littlejooooooooooohn. It's racist remarks like this giving our family club rep a bad un

The subject having been raised mistakenly gives me the opportunity to mention that Mrs Sideburns was shocked on Friday when a black man said something to her, ending it by calling her "white face".

We haven't had much to cheer goal wise this season but reaction of the crowd to those saves was equal to any goal we've scored. The second probably edged it - all of us would have a little hope for the first but all hope is lost on a second within 4minutes.

A remarkable experience I haven't witnessed in 62 years.

The free kick in between also looked like we might have lost hope.

Thanks for this.

No idea what Gordon is going on about - justice? Justice for what? They were both stonewall penalties.

Gordon wasn't commentating. Mike and Roy were somewhat bemused by the second pen IIRC as they weren't sure the ref had given it and thought the hand ball was more a case of self protection. Or has Gordon done the post match interview that I've not yet seen? Edited by Bristolatic

One of my biggest critiques of him early in the season was how he seemed to just fall over whenever he faced a pen and never looked like saving it. Credit to him and Nash for the research they have clearly put into analysing penalties being taken (Gregory had one against him earier in the season). As I've mentioned previously, I don't like jumping on the hype of many of our players, but this guy is unbelievable...

That's some detailed analysis to know that he would go the other way with the second!

Thanks for this.

No idea what Gordon is going on about - justice? Justice for what? They were both stonewall penalties.

I wasn't Gordon it was Roy who made the comments, I'm getting a bit fed up of his slagging off refs for almost every decision against us.

I wasn't Gordon it was Roy who made the comments, I'm getting a bit fed up of his slagging off refs for almost every decision against us.

I agree. There should be an element of bias from the home commentary, naturally. But being blinkered isn't a good quality for a commentator - especially when it's audio commentary and listeners are relying on your interpretation.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night Connor Ripley scored a goal directly out of his hands. However, he looked to be kicking from just outside the penalty area in my dream. It was the winning goal in a 1-0 victory, but can't remember who against.

If the dream re-occurs I'll make a note of it in detail and later put a few bob on a bet.

Edited by BP1960

I had a dream last night Connor Ripley scored a goal directly out of his hands. However, he looked to be kicking from just outside the penalty area in my dream. It was the winning goal in a 1-0 victory, but can't remember who against.

If the dream re-occurs I'll make a note of it in detail and later put a few bob on a bet.

He almost always kicks the ball outside the area, but - critically - he releases it from his hands on the line, the momentum taking outside when his boot makes contact.

If your dream comes true, and it wins us the 3 points that keep us - he might be the first load player to have a statue commissioned of him!

He almost always kicks the ball outside the area, but - critically - he releases it from his hands on the line, the momentum taking outside when his boot makes contact.

Wish you could have told the knobhead shrewsbury fan who sat sat behind me at their place.

Handball ref. He's outside his area ref.

:censored: off

I used to worry about Roy, but if anything he has tamed his ref criticism when many others posting and tweeting are saying we are not getting thr rub of the green and are much more harshly criticising.

I've grown very fond of our commentating team, they are Oldham through and through.

I used to worry about Roy, but if anything he has tamed his ref criticism when many others posting and tweeting are saying we are not getting thr rub of the green and are much more harshly criticising.

I've grown very fond of our commentating team, they are Oldham through and through.

The good old days, when he used to bellow "AHHHH, REFEREEEEEEEE!!", over the top of Gordon's commentary, every two minutes.