Connor Ripley staying!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just asked some Millwall lads about the pens, they said both were genuine and had video evidence to support the second.

They were full of respect for Ripley. They'd been giving him loads all game but he waited until the final whistle to discreetly, "thank," them for it. Legend.

Who was it against when Creaney scored a cheeky little back heely thingy kicky type goal ? Would love to find that video if I've not dreamt it that is

Stoke got on DVD I'll dig it out when I get chance April '96 2nd in a 2-0 win after a Richardson pen win made us safe with a game to spare

Edited by oafcprozac

Both looked genuine penalty shouts to me....for the first I think clarkey couldn't look and was crouched down outside the box when it was taken. Second looked like handball to me, unsure who possibly banks?

Boy, I dred to think where we could be without Ripley and Clarke. Ripley has got to be destined for better things and possible england cap..

What a day...

Both looked genuine penalty shouts to me....for the first I think clarkey couldn't look and was crouched down outside the box when it was taken. Second looked like handball to me, unsure who possibly banks?

Boy, I dred to think where we could be without Ripley and Clarke. Ripley has got to be destined for better things and possible england cap..

What a day...

Taylor was crouched down looking away as it was he who gave away the 1st pen. I dont know who handballed for the 2nd pen as I was crouched down looking away as the free kick was taken.

We haven't had much to cheer goal wise this season but reaction of the crowd to those saves was equal to any goal we've scored. The second probably edged it - all of us would have a little hope for the first but all hope is lost on a second within 4minutes.

A remarkable experience I haven't witnessed in 62 years.

I've been saying for a while now, along with others I'm sure, that he's our best since Goram. I've also been thinking for a while that if he carries on like this he'll prove himself to better, even whilst he,s with us.

Saving penalties is a bonus but it's just an extension of his overall game. He is bloody good and has hardly any weaknesses.

If you were to nit pick you could say his kicking game needs improving, he does have a tendancy to overhit the odd one, saying that he's without doubt our best ever loan signing and has moved above Pogs into second on my all time favourite keeper with Goram just in front of him, he's been immense for us and we should enjoy and make the most of the dozen or so games we will have the pleasure to watch him.

If you were to nit pick you could say his kicking game needs improving, he does have a tendancy to overhit the odd one, saying that he's without doubt our best ever loan signing and has moved above Pogs into second on my all time favourite keeper with Goram just in front of him, he's been immense for us and we should enjoy and make the most of the dozen or so games we will have the pleasure to watch him.

Kicking can be off. Some of his quick throes out today were brilliant