Scoreboard

40 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Pretty high up company officials to measure up a job don't you think?lol

I'd also think it was a bit pricey making several trips to China that must have cost minimum £5k a go and maybe 2 or 3 times that to get better value from £20 odd grand in spends. Whatever happened to the Internet? 

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might just be me but when selling sponsorship packages to local, national or even global companies - if we were to say yes your company will have a 4ft wide board which you'll have to have made and sent to us...OR your companies name and logo will do backflips and flash in great big letters on an LED screen right around the pitch - I know what I'd prefer.

If it helps us gain more money through sponsorship, looks smart and works ok, then I'm absolutely fine with the money being used for this.

The money potentially to be made from it could pay for a better scoreboard than the money raised by us anyway.

I completely understand anyone wanting their donations back though as yet again, the board show they cannot be trusted.

18 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Has anyone every bought anything after consciously noticing an advertising boarding at Boundary Park?

Personally I don't think a scoreboard will generate much of a return on investment financially as only 4000 people are seeing it every other week.

However people have taken the time to donate and raise money for this and not to deliver or to go and shift the goalposts like this is yet another PR own goal from the club. 

I got my mum and dad to buy me a Slumberland bed once because they sponsored us...

There are two angles on this.

One is the scoreboard.  I never quite understood the clamour for such a thing as I can easily count to three and we never score more than that anyway.  Equally, I handed over £75 of my hard earned cash for a small piece of cardboard with a photo and Crofty's signature on it.  In return I don't think it's unreasonable to expect what was promised.  A scoreboard.

The other angle is the relationship between the football club and the trust.  Simon Brooke strikes me as a decent bloke who's got a bit about him.  Yet he seems to be missing invites to board meetings and unable to maintain a dialogue with the owner of the club who's phone number he surely has.

Reduced to written communication which elicits no response?  That's piss poor from the football club to say the least.  It must be bloody tough to represent fans when those in charge ignore you.  And for clarity, I'm not having a pop at Simon Brooke.

I'd suggest what appears to be underhand behaviour from the club over the scoreboard fund, combined with convenient failure to discuss financials at a board meeting combined with the club taking out chunky loans from Scousers creates a need to start building up that fighting fund.  Because it sounds more and more like there is a fight to be had.

I'm sure Corney said that, although it offered a better long term return, the cost of digital perimeter advertising was far higher than a scoreboard. I wonder how the difference is being funded. 

May be the Chinese guy gave us a discount by way of apology for deciding not to buy the club.

28 minutes ago, bozman said:

I'm sure Corney said that, although it offered a better long term return, the cost of digital perimeter advertising was far higher than a scoreboard. I wonder how the difference is being funded. 

May be the Chinese guy gave us a discount by way of apology for deciding not to buy the club.

Maybe the club will get kick backs if we send anyone their way.

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Maybe the club will get kick backs if we send anyone their way.

You know I have been thinking about this and like you said previously Jorvik, why install now with only a few games to go?

Is the club trying to show it off to potential sponsors for next season? I could be wrong but will it be a first in our division and maybe we are the guinea pig to show it off to ther potential clubs. If it is the latter then I hope any commission is going back to the club and not the person who seem to have brokered the deal.

but I could be totally wrong as this is only my brain turning this over

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Why £5k a go? 

Flights, hotels, internal travel, translators, agents to identify people worth meeting in the first place to set it up... I presume Mr C didn't just get a flight and ask a taxi driver if his cousin makes score boards

3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Flights, hotels, internal travel, translators, agents to identify people worth meeting in the first place to set it up... I presume Mr C didn't just get a flight and ask a taxi driver if his cousin makes score boards

How do you know he didn't row there in his own boat, with a tent and sleeping bag and what's to say he doesn't speak Mandarin fluently?

Maybe we could finish the stand or even just the tannoy in the unfinished stand after more than several request before we move on to advertising boards!

I look forward to the day they inevitably break and turn out to be too expensive to fix