Team v Charlton

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

He's a cunt.

Now now Dont hold back Mikey, say what you really mean.

I agree, he is. If ever there was a case for a man bra, he is definitely it.

I woke the missus up shouting at the tv at half time to get his lard arse off our pitch and to get his filthy hands off Clarke.

She said she preferred it when i listened to the commentary.

5 hours ago, Hands on said:

Some perspective.  Banks played well when he was with FC Utd of Manchester for six months.  His was the play maker and didn't have to tackle.  He moved to Chesterfield and didn't get a regular place in a team that got relegated.  He moved to Oldham.  He isn't going to tackle and needs players round him to do the hard graft.  He was totally exposed by playing on the right side of midfield.  For some reason which escapes most of us on here Sheridan likes him and played him out of position to keep him in the team.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to central midfield next game.  I would like to think the result would have been different if we didn't concede the first two goals but who knows as it took the poor referee to get the team going and getting the team going has been the main problem.

Interestingly Bryan is not naturally left sided midfield.  His best positions are central defence and sitting in front of the back four.  As he is coming back from injury that might have been too much but let us hope we have square pegs in square holes from now onwards.

We should also remember that Fane is still stepping up from non league and Dan Gardener is another from non league who couldn't hold a first team place in a side that was relegated.

Once Fane is back, and even Green or Flynn I can't see Banks figuring.

Gardner and Byrne both seem to be able to do everything Banks is supposed to do better than Banks whilst not being as much of a liability. Neither particularly tackle much either so their positioning or reading of the game must be better than Banks, or something. 

Banks's big problem for me is that most of the time he seems in a huge rush to get rid of the ball then on the occasions when he isn't he scares the life out of you and wish he would hurry up and get rid :lol:

A rest, or a loan, might do him good though and he could come back in and be useful later in the season. 

Edited by HarryBosch

On 03/09/2017 at 7:43 AM, NewBlue said:

For all the abuse Banks has got over the past week with that Twitter Q&A, he's hardly been helped by Shez, like you said.

It's terrible judgement from Shez to play him, and then to take him off in the first half? Perhaps yesterday was last chance saloon, but he should never have got this far as a starter and been allowed to be destroyed in any case.

I wouldn't have picked Banks, and not many would have, but I believe Sheridan thought he was picking the right team and was bold enough to acknowledge he'd got it wrong and change it early on.  Those changes got us back into the game.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Banks's big problem for me is that most of the time he seems in a huge rush to get rid of the ball then on the occasions when he isn't he scares the life out of you and wish he would hurry up and get rid :lol:

The tell tale signs of a player who's out of his depth.

16 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Green?  Really?

He's been as shit and ineffective as Banks, it's more disappointing from Green because he's been a decent player over the years and I expected so much more, if he is given a chance I'd hope he can improve for playing with better players. If Banks is named in a starting eleven any time soon I'd seriously contemplate turning round and going back home he's that much of an hindrance.

47 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I wouldn't have picked Banks, and not many would have, but I believe Sheridan thought he was picking the right team and was bold enough to acknowledge he'd got it wrong and change it early on.  Those changes got us back into the game.

Keeps doing though.

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Next game please.

Ruddy

Dummigan - Clarke - Edmundson - Hunt

Bryan

McLaughlin - Byrne - Green 

Davies - Doyle

Gardner for Green?

I'd stick with Gerrard and can't see Shez viewing it any differently. 

Gerrard has been really, really quiet (vocally) by his standards so far this season but seemed to finally get fired up and start giving it out a bit second half on Saturday. Hopefully he'll be back to the good player we've seen previously now..

Edited by HarryBosch

On 04/09/2017 at 11:44 AM, L1onheartNew said:

Now now Dont hold back Mikey, say what you really mean.

I agree, he is. If ever there was a case for a man bra, he is definitely it.

I woke the missus up shouting at the tv at half time to get his lard arse off our pitch and to get his filthy hands off Clarke.

She said she preferred it when i listened to the commentary.

I love this. I love the fact that a fella like yourself thousands of miles away screaming at his telly this season after so long without watching his beloved latics.

17 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Given Gerrards obesity and our lack of pace at the back I think we need to find a way of getting some more game time to either Stott or Edmundson.

Couldnt agree more. When do the defense start taking responsibility and getting dropped for conceding 2-4 goals a game?

Was away for the weekend so only had commentary at the time and the 10 minute extended highlights to go off...but Gerrard stood out again as not good enough. That where Gardner looses the ball upfield, their lad sprints most of the pitch unchallenged (Banks nowhere to be seen) and then OUTMUSCLES Gerrard was dreadful. Gerrard wasn't only infront of the man and goal-side but he had all the opportunity to use his weight and see their player away. If he can't use the one attribute that stands out most about him then it's time to give a younger, hungrier player a go. Of which, we've got 2 waiting for their chance.