The all in one, All players chit chat thread

Courtney duffus could be a very good option. I appreciate he's no where near the pedigree of Doyle at this time. But I know another player who has played with him for years, and he says he is a very top striker. Though I was disappointed with his start, but could be down to this illness he has 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Courtney duffus could be a very good option. I appreciate he's no where near the pedigree of Doyle at this time. But I know another player who has played with him for years, and he says he is a very top striker. Though I was disappointed with his start, but could be down to this illness he has 

He certainly has pace and was not too bad in a poor performing team, coming on in the last 15 mins could cause problems for a tiring defence. How soon before he returns?

9 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

"Oh Richie said, we’ve got to play him out wide, Oooooh words can’t describe, when we see him in the blue and white. His hair is fine, he scores belters all the time. That’s why we'll sing this song, for Eoin Doyle!"

Have they lowered the age of drinking in England to 12?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, parigby said:

Makes you want to ask the question   -   why do we have to go to the Burnley site to find out what is happening. Why no report on ours.

Burnley's site will have better access to their own training ground, plus I bet Burnley's site isn't run by a couple of 20-somethings.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

"A bounce game is generally a non-competitive football match played between two sides usually as part of a training exercise or to give players match practice."

Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhibition_game

Who said if they aren't competitive they shouldn't be playing,

" before the Latics – who also included a number of first-teamers – equalised with almost the last kick of a game " 

Reading the report, Duffus, Odebayi and Osei are the only players mentioned. None of them first teamers. Sounds like a creditable draw for our 2nd string though :)

Edited by boundaryblue80

On 11/14/2017 at 8:31 PM, Dave_Og said:

What is a "bounce game"?

On 11/14/2017 at 8:59 PM, oafcmetty said:

"A bounce game is generally a non-competitive football match played between two sides usually as part of a training exercise or to give players match practice."

Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhibition_game

Bloody Americanisms.