RIP Opinions4u

16 minutes ago, boshell4eng said:

RIP Dave and fair play to the Brentford fans. Some great comments on there, they seem a decent bunch.

Of course the are a decent bunch, they are us with a different scarf...! Just shows life is too short for arguments.

RIP

2 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Many messages from Brentford fans about Dave.

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130489

Quite remarkable. I PM’d him last season when drumming up participation in Prediction League for which he’d been a part of before, not - at that stage knowing of his circumstances. His response - realising I didn’t know, but clearly appreciating my sincerity, was so softly delivered. I felt terrible but instantly respected him. I didn’t know him personally, but wish I had. My thoughts with his family & friends.

When I heard of O4U's passing yesterday I came straight here. The board was, as always, awash with people arguing about petty things. People winding each other up. Arguments over agreements. Slander, even.

I walked away. 

Last night I had some beers with a few other Latics fans and we made a toast to O4U, talked about what a great contributor to life he was; positive, intelligent, humble, accommodating, considered, learned, many more things which it seems would make him feel very uncomfortable to have said of him. We missed having him there in our group, despite it being a place he'd never been.

Today I came back.

There's still all of the same factionalism and bitterness towards each other here, from people no less capable of being like O4U than Dave himself was. Why not stop and think when you next comment if it's the kind of thing O4U would have said. Have you taken a moment to reflect on it, are you making a positive contribution to the world, to OWTB. Or, are you thoughtlessly reacting only to make yourself heard, to make the person you are speaking to feel worse, not better. 

You'll be missed O4U, as we are deeply and sincerely worse off without you.

4 minutes ago, Ackey said:

When I heard of O4U's passing yesterday I came straight here. The board was, as always, awash with people arguing about petty things. People winding each other up. Arguments over agreements. Slander, even.

I walked away. 

Last night I had some beers with a few other Latics fans and we made a toast to O4U, talked about what a great contributor to life he was; positive, intelligent, humble, accommodating, considered, learned, many more things which it seems would make him feel very uncomfortable to have said of him. We missed having him there in our group, despite it being a place he'd never been.

Today I came back.

There's still all of the same factionalism and bitterness towards each other here, from people no less capable of being like O4U than Dave himself was. Why not stop and think when you next comment if it's the kind of thing O4U would have said. Have you taken a moment to reflect on it, are you making a positive contribution to the world, to OWTB. Or, are you thoughtlessly reacting only to make yourself heard, to make the person you are speaking to feel worse, not better. 

You'll be missed O4U, as we are deeply and sincerely worse off without you.

I just don’t agree that this board is ‘awash’ with people arguing over petty things. There are the usual suspects and there are disagreements and differing points of view yes. There are a few who resort to posting personal insults and there are the deliberate ‘wind up’ merchants that’s fair. But there is also a huge number of decent contributors who post interesting, challenging comments. There is also great humour and banter. 

Yes we are all capable of more but I don’t believe that the majority on here do too badly.

I've only been on here a decade and made harder by being an exile from my home town but I still listen and take in what folk have to say about my beloved club, Opinions4u was always a part of that and although our paths never crossed, I did read everything he had to say and thank you Dave for your valuable input.

You will be missed and God bless my friend.

I met him a few times, he helped me get over depression. We had a walk around Piethorne and spoke about everything in the world. I actually choked when I saw the thread, I knew he was poorly, what an inspiration. 

He helped me over a dark period, for that I am a better man for knowing him, rest in peace sir, god bless.

Like Ackey has posted....if we can all be a bit more respectful/nicer to each other other then it's a great start from now on. Let's make OWTB a nice place to be as we are few but mighty.

Might just basic stuff like stop the swearing or name calling, I don't remember Dave doing either. I'm going to try and be a nicer poster. BY the way how are we all tonight?..I'm glad it's the weekend as I'm a finding it hard not to cause physical harm to senior people at work...oohphs..damn it..failed already....I will do better Dave i promise and I myself and Rick will try our utmost that playershare lives to honour all the work you have done

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Like Ackey has posted....if we can all be a bit more respectful/nicer to each other other then it's a great start from now on. Let's make OWTB a nice place to be as we are few but mighty.

Might just basic stuff like stop the swearing or name calling, I don't remember Dave doing either. I'm going to try and be a nicer poster. BY the way how are we all tonight?..I'm glad it's the weekend as I'm a finding it hard not to cause physical harm to senior people at work...oohphs..damn it..failed already....I will do better Dave i promise and I myself and Rick will try our utmost that playershare lives to honour all the work you have done

I don't post on here anymore, I read,  it's become quite toxic.

8 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I don't post on here anymore, I read,  it's become quite toxic.

What a shame..I know a few more like you..but the mods do a brilliant job of keeping this going on a shoe string and only ask for donations. We can let it die, it's a life line of sme basic info on what we all love our  club.

I will try my best to keep the playershare legacy going with the wonderful easyfundraising scheme Dave created so passionately and worked on.

Don't give up

Edited by underdog