Jump to content
LaticsPete

January Window Gossip/Rumours

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Nope, left football a few months ago I believe...

So it wasn't just Latics that thought he was taking up valuable space in the atmosphere?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I would be very surprised if Kean Bryan came back having experienced the workings of the club last season. 

Why would he care? He's paid (not by us) to play. Why would he have any interest in what happens behind the scenes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I would be very surprised if Kean Bryan came back having experienced the workings of the club last season. 

 

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Why would he care? He's paid (not by us) to play. Why would he have any interest in what happens behind the scenes?

 

I hope Latics have got a break clause in Sam Graham's loan deal, so he can be sent back to Sheff Utd later this week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

 Kean Bryan’s partner (Sophie from Corrie) just posted a picture on IG saying she misses watching him play. Picture of him in an oldham kit. He then reposted saying soon. 

Potentially coming back ? 

Bloody hell, I'd completely forgotten about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

 

 

I hope Latics have got a break clause in Sam Graham's loan deal, so he can be sent back to Sheff Utd later this week!

Thought he wsd from Sheff Wed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replacement suggested to the club if Surridge goes, goal scoring teenager not catching his team, but has played  several Premiership games. Not been on loan before and could be available I understand to give him some competitive matches.

Progress all depends on who our new manager is.

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Replacement suggested to the club if Surridge goes, goal scoring teenager not catching his team, but has played  several Premiership games. Not been on loan before and could be available I understand to give him some competitive matches.

Progress all depends on who our new manager is.

Well done, BP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

.....Progress all depends on who our new manager is.

 

....to all those who think it doesn’t matter that Lemsagam’s behaviour is what it is, it’s his club he can do what he wants..... it matters who the manager is..... and he will struggle to attract a good manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

....to all those who think it doesn’t matter that Lemsagam’s behaviour is what it is, it’s his club he can do what he wants..... it matters who the manager is..... and he will struggle to attract a good manager.

 

Yeah, you’ve said about a dozen times various threads.  

 

Decent as in?  Who is available and ‘decent’ would you say?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

 

Yeah, you’ve said about a dozen times various threads.  

 

Decent as in?  Who is available and ‘decent’ would you say?  

 

Forgive me, I’ll make a New Years resolution to copy more of your successful OWTB persona. :lol:

 

Bowyer & Hurst..... neither of which would touch us with a barge pole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Forgive me, I’ll make a New Years resolution to copy more of your successful OWTB persona. :lol:

 

Bowyer & Hurst..... neither of which would touch us with a barge pole.

Not saying AL isn’t putting decent candidates off but both could get league one clubs so may hold out for that. 

 

What do do you think about Askey who’s apparently applied? Don’t know much about him but from what I’ve read I reckon he’d be a decent shout for a slowly slowly approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Forgive me, I’ll make a New Years resolution to copy more of your successful OWTB persona. :lol:

 

Bowyer & Hurst..... neither of which would touch us with a barge pole.

 

I forgive you. 🥳

 

Another factor is that we are league 2, I suspect both are aiming/hoping for higher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

 

I forgive you. 🥳

 

Another factor is that we are league 2, I suspect both are aiming/hoping for higher. 

 

Both would come if offered a decent package, some funds to strengthen this month and a competent and supportive chairman.

 

We have none of those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Both would come if offered a decent package, some funds to strengthen this month and a competent and supportive chairman.

 

We have none of those things.

 

Both MIGHT come if we had all those things. The nature of sackings in the lower leagues tends to mean that clubs looking for managers at this time of year aren’t going to tick all those boxes. I don’t know how many of those boxes we tick. You must have more info than me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Both would come if offered a decent package, some funds to strengthen this month and a competent and supportive chairman.

 

We have none of those things.

Pretty supportive of Wellens last January, I would say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

 

What do do you think about Askey who’s apparently applied? Don’t know much about him but from what I’ve read I reckon he’d be a decent shout for a slowly slowly approach. 

 

Did well at Macc & Shrewsbury saw something in him, so I would definitely be meeting him if I were AL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Askey would be a very sensible appointment in my opinion.

 

When does Clarke contract finish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Did well at Macc & Shrewsbury saw something in him, so I would definitely be meeting him if I were AL.

Yes at Macc but Shrews got rid rather quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

 

When does Clarke contract finish?

 

End of this season.

 

3 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Yes at Macc but Shrews got rid rather quickly. 

 

Then find out why....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...