MOTM Bury (H)  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Man of the Match for the derby day delight against Bury?

• Iversen
    • Hamer
    • Clarke
    • Edmundson
    • Hunt
    • Lang
    • Maouche
    • Missilou
    • Nepomuceno
    • O'Grady
    • Surridge

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

BP knows nowt:

“Maouche shouldn’t play Saturday”

In reality... composure, first touch and vision. Attributes Gardner just doesn’t have. 

Missile is incredible. 

Good performance from Maouche, hardly misplaced a pass, stepped up from his display against Rochdale.

Like O' Grady making me eat my words.

Will this be followed by a resurgent Giles Coke?

Just now, BP1960 said:

Good performance from Maouche, hardly misplaced a pass, stepped up from his display against Rochdale.

Like O' Grady making me eat my words.

Will this be followed by a resurgent Giles Coke?

Fair play. 

On Coke... doubt it. 

1 minute ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

I didn't realise Bury made two subs at half-time. Don't they have to stand by the side of the pitch and announce it over the tannoy anymore? (Or maybe they did and was too occupied with being cold to notice)

They did stand there and they did announce it, but yes it was hard to see or appreciate through the horrendous conditions. 

51 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Looks like AL has made some decent decisions... like ‘lumbering’ us with Nepo, Missile, Maouche and recognising Rhodes was a negative influence. 

Credit is due - there are signs he's learnt from his mistakes. It's a shame the wheat wasn't sorted from the chaff before relegation, though. 

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Great performance best in years ! Missile, nepo Grady outstanding! Hamer struggled but not a negative. Can’t lie was shitting myself at 3-2, but thought we had a goal in us that would settle it. Onwards and upwards 

Don't think Hamer struggled, looked to get forward constantly, was always going to be a struggle early on in the second half. It would be churlish to criticise anyone today given the conditions and the quality of some of the opposition today. 

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What did you make of Maouche performance ? 

He did ok, I personally didn’t see that much of him. The tackle at the end was good. I don’t want anyone to do badly, just feel he needs to play consistently well, for at least a month before he is due the fan fare!

Apparently we cheated our way to victory 😀

From their forum.

“Thought we had a shout for a pen at the end.  The ref created a climate in the game which perfectly suited Oldham who got away with murder. Timewasting, blocking free kicks, have the little kid ball boys walk slow, booting the ball away, cynical pulls and pushes to stop our play, sly and too such a degree I can not give them credit. “

League 2 table

Looks good tonight just 2 points of 7th and just 6 of 3rd. Could easily be rocking up to craven cottage gunning for promotion

Regarding today simply awesome 1st half they clearly came out with a flee in their ear after half time and for a good 15 minutes had us on the rack.

I was genuinely surprised the 4th was given sat in the North stand I was convinced he was going to give a foul as goalkeepers are a protected species these days but he gave it. Perhaps it was a turn of luck who knows, but the more I think about it the more I think it was a case of the keeper dropping it.

We pressed really well today and defended from the front, Missilou and Maouche put a good shift in the middle won the ball and kept it simple Missilou I think particularly is getting better and better, O'Grady and Surridge pressed well from the front and Nepo and Lang also won plenty of tackles too.

Regarding Bunn playing for a 0-0, Maouche is rubbish, O'Grady is rubbish. I imagine all those people who made those criticisms are toasting a victory tonight, Seriously guys despite what people think their isn't an OWTB "I told you so" trophy to be had at the end of the season.

Things are starting to look up right now on and off the pitch it doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong what matters is that we are marching forward as a club in the right direction.

Lets all grab a drink and celebrate a win.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, LaticsPete said:

From their forum.

“Thought we had a shout for a pen at the end.  The ref created a climate in the game which perfectly suited Oldham who got away with murder. Timewasting, blocking free kicks, have the little kid ball boys walk slow, booting the ball away, cynical pulls and pushes to stop our play, sly and too such a degree I can not give them credit. “

Love it, if the opposition fans think we are resorting to dirty tricks, we really are getting savvy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

From their forum.

Love it. 

3 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

From their forum.

What the red gave us about my 25% of the decisions! He gave way more to them!

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

League 2 table

Looks good tonight just 2 points of 7th and just 6 of 3rd. Could easily be rocking up to craven cottage gunning for promotion

Regarding today simply awesome 1st half they clearly came out with a flee in their ear after half time and for a good 15 minutes had us on the rack.

I was genuinely surprised the 4th was given sat in the North stand I was convinced he was going to give a foul as goalkeepers are a protected species these days but he gave it perhaps it was a turn of luck who knows but the more I think about it the more I think it was a case of the keeper dropping it.

We pressed really well today and defended from the front Missilou and Maouche put a good shift in the middle won the ball and kept it simple Missilou I think particularly is getting better and better O'Grady and Surridge pressed well from the front and Nepo and Lang also won plenty of tackles too.

Regarding Bunn playing for a 0-0, Maouche is rubbish, O'Grady is rubbish. I imagine all those people who made those criticisms are toasting a victory tonight, Seriously guys despite what people think their isn't an OWTB "I told you so" trophy to be had at the end of the season.

Things are starting to look up right now on and off the pitch it doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong what matters is that we are marching forward as a club in the right direction.

Lets all grab a drink and celebrate a win.

Spot on.

(although you were one of the Maouche is shit brigade. 😉)

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Spot on.

(although you were one of the Maouche is shit brigade. 😉)

Actually last week I said I will reserve my opinion on Maouche 😉

That was the 1st 90- minutes I've seen him play and I thought he did really well, he put a good shift in, pressed well kept it simple didn't over complicate it like Gardner often did and him and missilou gave us a good base to build on in midfield. In fact I think they are starting to develop a good partnership as are O'Grady and Surridge uptop and the 2 centre backs appear to have a good partnership too so we've got at the moment 3 good partnerships through the middle of the pitch its coming together nicely.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Today in the first half, for me showed what this side is capable of. Pressed high didn’t let them have a second on the ball. Maouche, Missilou and Nepo were superb our midfield is starting to be a dominant force. We look controlled and energetic can’t ask much more. For me Maouche is an upgrade on Gardner. 

OGrady did the basics well which is what he seems to be sticking to and is getting the rewards. 

As a team in horrible conditions, poor ref performance and playing in a derby it was a very good performance. We seem to have abit of consistancy coming to our game. Win on Saturday and we will really be in the mix 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

No I agree he only got bit parts, perhaps I should have said he didn't do much to state his case. 

I disagree. I’ve been championing him for a reason. Not just to be contrarian. Little things he did said to me that there was a player in there.