Club response to Trust letter

If that is the response in full, as a newly paid up member of the Trust I’m very disappointed this was withheld. Bullshit or not AL has initiated he’s suing Keegan, Corney AND Scholes why redact that?

This shows either there’s a lot of crap floating about over AL’s running of the club, he’s paying lip service to the criticisms of him or he’s even more deluded than we thought?

Are the Trust, editing the response to suit their own agenda? I think an explanation is needed here. I can’t see any legal angle for summarising the reply in the way it was released to the fan base. 

This is no way an endorsement of AL but at this stage we have to promote togetherness, if there is a CLEAR legal reason for redaction, communicate it to us. 

And I still think there should be a show of strength of feeling against the owner v Mansfield...

Edited by oafcprozac
  • Like 11

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

There is nothing in that letter that needed to be kept from the fans?

Pretty much nailed on that even an intention to sue PS will now make the press (especially as suing someone for £175 for quitting their job after a month seems either fanciful or something that we should do more often).

Looks like it has been leaked by one of Chuckle's FB group 'mates' - would be interesting to know how it fell into his hands. 

Edited by Twisbrogan

I think the Trust was right, in view of their place in the process, to take advice whether to release info. But I don't think ultimately it would have prevented it being released. Eventually, if it happens, that info would become a matter of public info, but it may well be settled beforehand so that would be reason for caution.

It's all about actions from now on.

Darren Ratcliffe is China at the moment.

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

There is nothing in that letter that needed to be kept from the fans?

9 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

If that is the response in full, as a newly paid up member of the Trust I’m very disappointed this was withheld. Bullshit or not AL has initiated he’s suing Keegan, Corney AND Scholes why redact that?

This shows either there’s a lot of crap floating about over AL’s running of the club, he’s paying lip service to the criticisms of him or he’s even more deluded than we thought?

Are the Trust, editing the response to suit their own agenda? I think an explanation is needed here. I can’t see any legal angle for summarising the reply in the way it was released to the fan base. 

This is no way an endorsement of AL but at this stage we have to promote togetherness, if there is a CLEAR legal reason for redaction, communicate it to us. 

And I still think there should be a show of strength of feeling against the owner v Mansfield...

Whoa..... the Trust chose to withhold it because the ongoing litigation between Mr. Lemsagam and 3 parties listed in the letter are all unresolved..... and those 3 parties could take offence and seek further legal advice, nothing more, nothing less. I think their decision is entirely understandable.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Pretty much nailed on that even an intention to sue PS will now make the press (especially as suing someone for £175 for quitting their job after a month seems either fanciful or something that we should do more often).

Looks like it has been leaked by one of Chuckle's FB group 'mates' - would be interesting to know how it fell into his hands. 

The £175k is ludricrous.  And, if he'd consulted lawyers on the matter, they've have set him straight on that immediately.

The guy's full of shit.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Indeed there is. Quite enlightening. Not the tone the Trust have been para-phrasing.

....I don't come to the same conclusion. It's helpful to see the letter in full, I agree. There is nothing that is factually and/or tonally incorrect in the Trust's response last evening.

Edited by lookersstandandy

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Whoa..... the Trust chose to withhold it because the ongoing litigation between Mr. Lemsagam and 3 parties listed in the letter are all unresolved..... and those 3 parties could take offence and seek further legal advice, nothing more, nothing less. I think their decision is entirely understandable.

If that’s the case, I stand corrected despite the fact the information has quickly found its way into the public domain. 

5 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

If that’s the case, I stand corrected despite the fact the information has quickly found its way into the public domain. 

It is the case Paul. As per my response to Ross above.... I also do not read anything factually or tonally different in the Trust's summary last evening, albeit it is helpful to see the original in full.

3 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

This further enforces many views on the incompetence around the EFLs Fit and Proper Test.How can a man who passed that test drain his life savings in 18 months ? 

Sorry but that's just silly (and there's no such thing as an EFL fit and proper test by the by).  How can any sort of test conclude on what you are likely to do in the future?

12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Maybe but, that aside, there’s loads in Abdallah’s response that sounds totally different and much more specific & detailed than the way the Trust have (sorry, I can’t think of any other way to put it) spun it. 

And then there's all the non sensitive stuff  they’ve left out.  

Very odd, very concerning. 

It all smacks of a really piss poor attempt at a bit of Macchievelian brinkmanship at which Abdallah (and his advisers?) have easily & quickly rinsed them. 

I only know Darren Ratcliffe of those now involved and I don’t know him well at all but he seems genuine enough and I had/have high hopes of him influencing things to all of our benefits if/when he gets to speak properly with AL/ML. 

Unlike many I’ve never wasted any emotional energy on Abdallah not speaking his unconfident English to a baying mob as it’s never going to happen.

The Trust all speak it well enough though and seem to have a bit of explaining to do....  

• Like 6

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Keep hearing this life savings line. Maybe he has used some of it, not all of it ? If I take a tenner out of my piggybank for some milk and bread. I’d say I’ve used my savings , but I could still have another tenner left in ? 

I’m hugely disappointed he didn’t say he’d used 95% of his life savings :grin: