Club response to Trust letter

3 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

I was thinking Davies. But he wasn’t here when Bunn was?

who is an ex striker who was here when bunn was?

sturridge or someone else?

Miller.

Of course a player who voluntarily agreed to not be paid when injured, would never do something like grabbing the owner by the throat. 

Edited by rudemedic
Legal reasons.

8 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not interested in buses or gas bills.  Pensions are not my problem. The club has been run poorly before due to shit staff. I’d like to see better ones employed. Granted this doesn’t seem to have happened much though. Billy seems a decent lad mind. Now onto the shit players   They are not significantly shitter than the ones I’ve become accustomed to watching for fucking years either. I’d like to see an improvement there obviously. I only care about that really. Each to their own though. You lot crack on whinging about everything and anything. 

Thats a cracking endorsement, thanks. 😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

I know this is well intentioned but I'm not convinced it's the best advice.  If you think the Trust will get the respect of the fans by refusing to share anything on OWTB and by only making information available to those who can/will attend meetings, I think you're way off the mark.  Being involved with the Trust, by its very nature, surely has to involve interaction with fans/members via various forms of media.

I know where your coming from, and your right they do need to communicate via social media. Which they having been doing a good job of recently. 

What they don’t need to do, is be answerable to every nuance of every sentence they put out. IMO people hammer them with questions that make no material difference. What does it add to the future of our club to know if he AL said that the trust could say this or that??? In the grand scheme of things it’s completely pointless. We all we’re perceptive enough to read between the lines anyway.  In addition there is an implication in a lot questions, that whatever the trust do, it will never be enough to satisfy people’s strange need to know every detail of a owners spreadsheet and or thinking. 

Posters say, ‘I ask because I care’ funny that. So you care enough to spend all day on here telling everybody how much you care, and how outraged you are, but you haven’t got an hour on Saturday to attend a fans meeting??? 

The trust are not perfect. Nor do they claim to be. But they are much improved recently, and yet it’s still enough. 

People should remember who the enemy is, and it’s not the trust. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

This is the sort of conversation I want to Trust to have with Mr. Lemsagam. I don't want it published. I don't want him publicly humiliated. I do want him to understand that we're not fools, will not be treated like fools and he accepts his governance falls way below the standard his paying customers expect. Buck your ideas up Marco.

Spot on Andy. 

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's completely and utterly irrelevant. 

Well yes and know... it’s irrelevant that someone is interfering with the team and causing unrest, this needs to stop.

But it’s relevant that Marco is actually telling the truth when he says HE’S not interfering himself.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

I know where your coming from, and your right they do need to communicate via social media. Which they having been doing a good job of recently. 

What they don’t need to do, is be answerable to every nuance of every sentence they put out. IMO people hammer them with questions that make no material difference. What does it add to the future of our club to know if he AL said that the trust could say this or that??? In the grand scheme of things it’s completely pointless. We all we’re perceptive enough to read between the lines anyway.  In addition there is an implication in a lot questions, that whatever the trust do, it will never be enough to satisfy people’s strange need to know every detail of a owners spreadsheet and or thinking. 

Posters say, ‘I ask because I care’ funny that. So you care enough to spend all day on here telling everybody how much you care, and how outraged you are, but you haven’t got an hour on Saturday to attend a fans meeting??? 

The trust are not perfect. Nor do they claim to be. But they are much improved recently, and yet it’s still enough. 

People should remember who the enemy is, and it’s not the trust. 

This is sound advice.

Ultimately the trust must use its energy as productively as possible to support the club and ensure it continues to exist and, if possible, thrives. That’s why the trust exists.

It has to be accountable and communicate with fans but fans don’t have the right to demand that the trust spends its time answering questions on here and other platforms. We have to get the balance right. Time and resources are limited.

Likewise it is inappropriate for fans to know every bit of information that the trust is party to. Some is confidential and releasing it could prejudice our efforts or existence so won’t be shared. We have to make a judgement on this. Conversely some info is not particularly relevant in the grand scheme of things and doesn’t have any bearing on the decisions we make or our reading of a situation. In focusing on such information and briefing fans on it we risk taking our attention away from the things that matter. 

However to the extent that a specific piece or pieces of info are having a bearing on how we view the club and the steps we seek to take, that information has to be shared in the appropriate manner. Otherwise we cannot explain our position and actions.

Trust directors are entrusted to use best endeavours to take steps to safeguard the club for our fans. Like it or not, they are given a mandate to use their judgement to make decisions. We seek to explain those decisions and what has informed them but, to some degree, fans need to trust that trust directors are of sound mind and are, in the grand scheme of things, capable of making the right decisions. If fans do not agree that Trust Directors are capable of doing their jobs effectively, then fans are invited to make this known. No Trust Director will stand in the way of others if there is a concensous that they can do a better job and are willing to take this on.

Ensuring we are able to hold the owner to account, that he is acting responsibly and not jeopardising the future of the club is the principal focus. We are more effective in doing that if we are backed by our fans. We have to report into fans and it’s right that we do this. I hope everyone can that there has been a marked improvement in our communication over recent weeks and months. 

Thank you 

Edited by Andy b
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Well yes and know... it’s irrelevant that someone is interfering with the team and causing unrest, this needs to stop.

But it’s relevant that Marco is actually telling the truth when he says HE’S not interfering himself.

They're a pair. I don't care which one interferes

16 hours ago, kowenicki said:

They do.  Which everyone knows. Literally everyone.

Some posters getting a hard on at every new little rumour or potential misdemeanour is a bit tedious (and tragic)

Cool story 🤔

What about the posters that get a hard on every time someone posts something negative so they can jump straight on it a defend the club? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I had an interesting chat today with my sisters husband who is Chairman of a non league club, I won't say who with, sorry.

He has never had anything good to say about our Chairman and his ways of running a football club and management of people. Today he told me he had meeting with a former director of ours this week and after they concluded their business they discussed Latics. The ex director told my Bro-in law that AL's brother Mo is a big problem within the club, not a nice guy and and he is more or less running the club as AL is often out of the country, Mo spends most of his time here.

He say's AL is a nicer fella than Mo ( I have spent one occasion in his company and I agree, Mo is quite aloof )

I know this isn't anything ground breaking but I find it interesting, maybe AL's problem is his own Brother, maybe AL doesn't interfere but his Brother does.

AL should be stronger and control his brother if this is the case.

This may be interesting,  it may not but i thought i'd put it out there.

Interesting.

My only experience of Mo was not a good one. He was giving a member of staff a very public dressing down in the North stand, at half time during a game about 3 months ago.

The reprimand might have been justified but I couldn't believe the way he spoke to her. It wouldn't have been acceptable in a  private meeting, never mind in public.

4 minutes ago, bozman said:

Interesting.

My only experience of Mo was not a good one. He was giving a member of staff a very public dressing down in the North stand, at half time during a game about 3 months ago.

The reprimand might have been justified but I couldn't believe the way he spoke to her. It wouldn't have been acceptable in a  private meeting, never mind in public.

Double trouble definitely, not sure which one is really pulling the strings but i am beginning to think its not AL.

3 hours ago, Andy b said:

This is sound advice.

Ultimately the trust must use its energy as productively as possible to support the club and ensure it continues to exist and, if possible, thrives. That’s why the trust exists.

It has to be accountable and communicate with fans but fans don’t have the right to demand that the trust spends its time answering questions on here and other platforms. We have to get the balance right. Time and resources are limited.

Likewise it is inappropriate for fans to know every bit of information that the trust is party to. Some is confidential and releasing it could prejudice our efforts or existence so won’t be shared. We have to make a judgement on this. Conversely some info is not particularly relevant in the grand scheme of things and doesn’t have any bearing on the decisions we make or our reading of a situation. In focusing on such information and briefing fans on it we risk taking our attention away from the things that matter. 

However to the extent that a specific piece or pieces of info are having a bearing on how we view the club and the steps we seek to take, that information has to be shared in the appropriate manner. Otherwise we cannot explain our position and actions.

Trust directors are entrusted to use best endeavours to take steps to safeguard the club for our fans. Like it or not, they are given a mandate to use their judgement to make decisions. We seek to explain those decisions and what has informed them but, to some degree, fans need to trust that trust directors are of sound mind and are, in the grand scheme of things, capable of making the right decisions. If fans do not agree that Trust Directors are capable of doing their jobs effectively, then fans are invited to make this known. No Trust Director will stand in the way of others if there is a concensous that they can do a better job and are willing to take this on.

Ensuring we are able to hold the owner to account, that he is acting responsibly and not jeopardising the future of the club is the principal focus. We are more effective in doing that if we are backed by our fans. We have to report into fans and it’s right that we do this. I hope everyone can that there has been a marked improvement in our communication over recent weeks and months. 

Thank you 

You're right about finding a balance. Perhaps an alloted monthly Q&A session on social media would stem the tide? Could be done prior to trust meetings so responses could be discussed, then released to the baying masses in the following days... 

Edited by Jimbooth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Cool story 🤔

What about the posters that get a hard on every time someone posts something negative so they can jump straight on it a defend the club? 

Examples? 

Edited by kowenicki

3 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

You're right about finding a balance. Perhaps an alloted monthly Q&A session on social media would stem the tide? Could be done prior to trust meetings so responses could be discussed, then released to the baying masses in the following days... 

Not a bad idea. Have been thinking along similar lines actually. Will take this back to others

we also need to work out how the access the silent majority via match day visibility.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andy b said:

This is sound advice.

Thank you 

I've joined the Trust this week and urge as many fans as possible to do the same. 

Like it or not it's the best vehicle we have to communicate with the owner. 

Huge respect to Andy and the rest of the trust team for making the effort in what is unpaid and voluntery. 

Out of interest Andy how many trust members are there currently? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

I've joined the Trust this week and urge as many fans as possible to do the same. 

Huge respect to Andy and the rest of the trust team for making the effort in what is unpaid and voluntery. 

If I was just a basic member would I have see the full Marco letter ?

5 hours ago, Londonboy said:

I'll join the trust when I think that they are worth joining, and not when I get urged to. At the moment I don't think anyone is coming out of this mess with much credit. Just because the owner is a dickhead doesn't mean the Trust is the answer, especially when I've no idea what their question is yet

7 hours ago, Steve_R said:

I'll join the trust when I think that they are worth joining, and not when I get urged to. At the moment I don't think anyone is coming out of this mess with much credit. Just because the owner is a dickhead doesn't mean the Trust is the answer, especially when I've no idea what their question is yet

Honest point, what do you think the Trust’s question should be and what do you want to see from it?

13 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Around the 300 mark. Not close to where we need to be but a significant increase on where we were at the beginning of the season. 

Our short term aim is for four figures.