Club response to Trust letter

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Is this aimed at me?

Sorry I don’t understand your points and i haven’t seen your questions

i also haven’t said you have nothing better to do.

for your info I am 37, with a five year old and a 10 month and a demanding job. I have better things to do than worry about Trust Oldham but someone’s got to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

for your info I am 37, with a five year old and a 10 month and a demanding job. I have better things to do than worry about Trust Oldham but someone’s got to.

I’m 39 and have a 3 and 4 year old ! Appreciate what you do. I  reconfirmed my questions above.

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I asked if what was said we are not privy to, is a positive and shows al is on board with sharing information with the trust that he is only doing to show a commitment to be open or honest ? Or something along those lines!

The answer is no.

Please don’t jump to conclusions.

13 minutes ago, Andy b said:

There were 2 points mixed in. The kids part was aimed at Kusunga (kig). 

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I asked if what was said we are not privy to, is a positive and shows al is on board with sharing information with the trust that he is only doing to show a commitment to be open or honest ? Or something along those lines!

The response published by the Trust today should tell you all you need to know. They’re not happy. 

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

By surmising the salient points, they effectively have.

They say they have. I mean no disrespect to whoever has prepared the summary of the letter but I don't know them from Adam and personally I don't feel able to take it at face value that it says what the summary says. Plenty of people do and that's a matter for them but I'm unable to get worked up about the contents of a letter I haven't seen.

2 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

They say they have. I mean no disrespect to whoever has prepared the summary of the letter but I don't know them from Adam and personally I don't feel able to take it at face value that it says what the summary says. Plenty of people do and that's a matter for them but I'm unable to get worked up about the contents of a letter I haven't seen.

Go to the next supporters meeting arranged by the Trust, meet them and judge for yourself then.

While I would’ve preferred to read the letter in full too.... I’ve had enough interaction with @Andy b and others on here and elsewhere to be satisfied they are of sound mind.

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Go to the next supporters meeting arranged by the Trust, meet them and judge for yourself then.

While I would’ve preferred to read the letter in full too.... I’ve had enough interaction with @Andy b and others on here and elsewhere to be satisfied they are of sound mind.

With the best will in the world I'm not going to a meeting to satisfy myself as to the veracity of a summary of a letter. Especially when having a brief discussion with someone is unlikely to do that - being of sound mind and reliably carrying out that task are different things.

I've made the point that I'd like to see even a redacted version of the letter - if the Trust are happy to do it then great. If not then alas and they'll have to wait for or forego my support for any actions taken as a consequence of the letter. They seem to have plenty of support from others so sure nobody will lose any sleep over it.

The initial letter contained a number of very specific questions, the answers to which would  be commercially sensitive. It would be very helpful to know which questions he has answered and the Trust's view on the answers that have been given. Assuming some or all of the questions have been answered, I think the Trust is right not to share the actual answers given.

Some of the things in the response such as a change to our recruitment policy indicate that Abdallah does have a plan. Whether it is the right or wrong plan, this feels like a small step forward. The right thing for him to do would be to share that plan with the fans so that we can see what he is trying to achieve. You would have to imagine that he believes that what he is doing is the right thing for the club  and so I would expect that he would want to share the plan to put our minds at ease.

The respinse, as it has been reported, leads to more questions than it provides answers. As has been mentioned, the comment about his life savings has to be a massive concern. From what I led to believe about his level of wealth when he took over I suspect this is closer to the truth than many may believe. I am sure he still has plenty to live on but I think his "play fund" might be pretty empty right now.

6 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

With all due respect Andy, I didn't ask for access to the information. I only asked if it worried you. Surely you can share your reaction, I'm sure it's not protected by GDPR. 

hi Jimbooth

My earlier reference to GDPR was based on not knowing the content of the response but aware the questions posed could generate data which would be considered under that legislation. It does not necessarily have to be commercial in nature...if can be personal information too and unless the data owner, in this case AL, has agreed to wider communication, the fact it was addressed to the Trust and they subsequently share could be in conflict - that was my only point so better to get AL permission. However I am with you on this -  we trust Andy and the Trust summary  and  just want to get a feel for their reaction/gut feel....and limit the rumours

Not sure any of this helps anyone sadly. More questions than answers now for the average supporter as we can't read the letter in full and it's a shame that the Trust have unwittingly turned this in to a negative for themselves as well(!)

TBH I didn't really expect much as the guy has clearly bitten off more than he can chew and is in trouble, he probably knows it but, perhaps because of language/cultural differences and partly due to him being way out of his depth, he has closed ranks and turned into a "dictator"

I struggle to see how being confrontational with him will actually achieve much unless we really are prepared to destroy the club in the hope we can then rebuild it a la Wimbledon…..I'm not sure the modern economics of lower league football make this a good idea.

Very worrying times

• Like 2

I don't know about anyoneelse but I would think alot more of him if he turned round and basically said this was a massive mistake and I want to sell the club. I mean running owning a football club like ours is a bloody tough gig you won't benefit financially from it but you still have all the pressures of running a full time business. There are many people who have been successful in other areas of life who have struggled or even failed at running a football club.

Yet surprisingly their are people out there who want to do it.

10 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

If any of the information were to cause financial or reputational damage to the club. If they hadn't given consent for public release they could press charges. 

Still shows a lack of openness within this club. What is there to hide?

No wonder there's distrust in this regime.

He has at least responded which is a start

I am sure he is losing £thousands every week as do most owners of EFL Clubs and with only 2 Home games left, thankfully we have the Sky TV money coming in to help see us through the close season. 

He will have invested lots of money in buying and running the Club and wont simply walk away because the fans are turning against him

The Trust now need to try and build a relationship with him before the start of next season 

IMO the guy is spouting total bollocks and I don’t believe a single word he says!!

He claims to have used his life savings in acquiring the club yet only a few weeks ago he said that he had made a bid to buy the freehold but declined after being quoted an unrealistic price. 

It has also been said (landlords) Blitz & Gazal have a good relationship with AL (tenant) so how come a consortium has agreed a deal to buy BP for what I guess is a similar unrealistic price?

I could maybe understand this scenario 10 years in to his ownership but to be in this situation after 14 months beggars belief!

Why would you buy a football club in name only without the land it sits on and without sufficient funds to improve its stature and comfortably cover the day to day running costs! 

That is is the question I would be asking him because from where I’m sat it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He claims to have used his life savings in acquiring the club yet only a few weeks ago he said that he had made a bid to buy the freehold but declined after being quoted an unrealistic price.

Presumably he'd have borrowed like most of us do to buy property