13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Why would we have to wait half a season again? Will he be serving another black hole space time affected ban during his month off?

He didn't last time but he still struggled for and with injuries for over half of last season. Can we afford or risk another season like that?  

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Wait. Jose wasn’t making his way back from around three years out of first team Football and Marco doesn’t interfere in team selection?

Go take your grump out on somebody else pls.

You're not big on debate, are you? So you make a comment on a public forum and then decide who can respond......presumably only those who agree with you. I'll take your one grump and raise you two miserable.

For the record, I really wanted him to do well and we only saw fleeting moments of his talent last season but not enough to justify another contract.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

It would have worked, he played well under Scholes. Just, understandably, was not willing to take a 50% pay cut.

Given the income from the Edmundson sale plus Barry Owen’s part in bringing in Mills, I am hoping that Barry Owen will be back in AL’s ear trying to convince him to get Jose back by offering more money. 

I would.

If money is available now it’s a no brainer....although I would make it dependent on an injury free preseason and him being fully fit for the opener.

I’ve said it before and will say it again a fully fit Baxter would be a huge player for us in this league, even more so if we don’t retain Maouche.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

How many first team matches did Jose play between, say, feb 2016 and august 2018?

iDon’t reply just find out and then shut the fuck up 🙄

I knew exactly how many matches he played but my point still stands.....you really are an obnoxious tw*t.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

He had two legs last season and wasn’t anything like a class above. 

Once Jose got back playing he took a while to get up to speed, then the non league cloggers did for him just as he was looking the part. After the injury he was our best player under PS, the sending off at MK was a brain fart, give Jose a full season at this level he will walk it. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Once Jose got back playing he took a while to get up to speed, then the non league cloggers did for him just as he was looking the part. After the injury he was our best player under PS, the sending off at MK was a brain fart, give Jose a full season at this level he will walk it. 

I love him but we said the same last season, unfortunately the hunger has gone from the lad and it's a shame because he had undoubted ability.

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I really want to agree with you but it's a gamble. 

We all want the Baxter who excited us in his first stint but that was sadly absent on his return.

But are you getting a fighting fit Baxter when you sign him now and one capable of playing 60% (discussion point only) of the season and 90 mins. on a regular basis.

As for the best player, I struggle to see past Lang.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I love him but we said the same last season, unfortunately the hunger has gone from the lad and it's a shame because he had undoubted ability.

He still has the ability, if the other players in the team are on the same wavelength you walk the league(no hashtag needed) 

42 minutes ago, disjointed said:

He still has the ability, if the other players in the team are on the same wavelength you walk the league(no hashtag needed) 

42 minutes ago, disjointed said:

He still has some ability but did anyone seriously see anything last season that suggested he still retained the ability he had six and more years ago?

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

He still has some ability but did anyone seriously see anything last season that suggested he still retained the ability he had six and more years ago?

After his "break" from 1st team football it was always going to be a game of patience waiting for him to get up to speed, unfortunately the Clown doesn't show patience as one one of his strong suits. The ability is still there we saw it in patches, well worth another year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

After his "break" from 1st team football it was always going to be a game of patience waiting for him to get up to speed, unfortunately the Clown doesn't show patience as one one of his strong suits. The ability is still there we saw it in patches, well worth another year. 

I doubt whether there'd be much of a clamour for it if he hadn't been outstanding in his first spell.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, disjointed said:

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

My view is that he still has skills that would make him a good player at this level.

’walk the league’? Nah.

’retained the ability he had six or more years ago’? Probably not.

What I did see last season was a player who did stand out as a classy player when fit and playing regularly. I would have him back if some middle ground on his wages could be found (assuming that the reports that he didn’t re-sign due to a low wages offer are true). 

• Like 1