Crawley (H)

A good opportunity for a much needed 3 points.  Not that I'm convinced that this team will be able to act upon it.

Assuming Morais can't play against his former club and that Egert and Stott are injured/unfit, I'd go with:

Zeus

Hamer

Wheater

Iacovitti

Smith-Brown

Mills

McCann

Jones

Smith

Akpa Akpro

Wilson

Obviously the left side of defence is a bit terrifying, but the only other alternative that I could see us using would be Fage at left-back which is far from his natural position (although he still may be better than Smith-Brown).  Iacovitti looked OK in the games I saw him play alongside Wheater earlier in the season so he'd do at centre back.

The attacking 6 looks OK and I could see us creating chances with that lineup, so if JLAA is fit then we need to give Wilson the chance to prove himself alongside a target man.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

A good opportunity for a much needed 3 points.  Not that I'm convinced that this team will be able to act upon it.

Assuming Morais can't play against his former club and that Egert and Stott are injured/unfit, I'd go with:

Zeus

Hamer

Wheater

Iacovitti

Smith-Brown

Mills

McCann

Jones

Smith

Akpa Akpro

Wilson

Obviously the left side of defence is a bit terrifying, but the only other alternative that I could see us using would be Fage at left-back which is far from his natural position (although he still may be better than Smith-Brown).  Iacovitti looked OK in the games I saw him play alongside Wheater earlier in the season so he'd do at centre back.

The attacking 6 looks OK and I could see us creating chances with that lineup, so if JLAA is fit then we need to give Wilson the chance to prove himself alongside a target man.

I think hed rather throw egert back in unfit than play smith brown haha. And as good as jones and McCann may be compared to others, if you play them together you would need another centre mid with them because they're not mobile enough. On the ball would be great but off the ball the play would fly past them. I think there inlays the problem of 2 up top. We haven't got a midfield pairing that are good and compliment each other. We have pairings that are good. And pairings that compliment each other. But not both. I'd go all out and play 3 at the back and 5 midfielders 2 up top. Non of this full backs playing wing backs. Just go for it for once. Not winning at the minute anyway so why the hell not try it lol

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

I think hed rather throw egert back in unfit than play smith brown haha. And as good as jones and McCann may be compared to others, if you play them together you would need another centre mid with them because they're not mobile enough. On the ball would be great but off the ball the play would fly past them. I think there inlays the problem of 2 up top. We haven't got a midfield pairing that are good and compliment each other. We have pairings that are good. And pairings that compliment each other. But not both. I'd go all out and play 3 at the back and 5 midfielders 2 up top. Non of this full backs playing wing backs. Just go for it for once. Not winning at the minute anyway so why the hell not try it lol

A flat 3-5-2 isn't a bad idea, if that's the case the I'd put Maouche in the middle in place of Smith-Brown and give him the freedom to create.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Zeus

Hamer

Wheater

Iacovitti

Smith-Brown

Mills

McCann

Jones

Smith

Akpa Akpro

Wilson

Why would Morais not be allowed to play against his former club? 

We signed him on a free transfer right?

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

A flat 3-5-2 isn't a bad idea, 

The players we've got make it a no brainer 

Zeus

Hamer

Wheater

Egert/Iacovitti

Mills

Jones

Maouche

McCann

Smith

Akpa Akpro 

Wilson

Obviously Azankpo will start though.

And, despite it being the most important position that a team lives and dies by, it'll yet again attract nothing like the attention or comment you see when others of Mo's lads used to inexplicably keep their place in the team...

Egert was nowhere near fit enough last week, so I doubt much has changed since.

I can't see a reason why Morais wouldn't play, Crawley did him a favour letting him move back up North for family reasons, so he has no intentions of returning to them.

I doubt Smith-Brown will return and it will probably be 3 5 2.

38 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Egert was nowhere near fit enough last week, so I doubt much has changed since.

I can't see a reason why Morais wouldn't play, Crawley did him a favour letting him move back up North for family reasons, so he has no intentions of returning to them.

I doubt Smith-Brown will return and it will probably be 3 5 2.

Its seems like it's an automatic clause in loan deals to same division teams now

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wheater, Smith and Mills are carrying injures, Stott out.

Not sure what the team would be without them.

In his pre match Dino expects Mills to be fit for Saturday.  The other 2 missing worries me... and when he says Smith has a Hamstring injury its normally not fixed in a few days ... hope they all make it....

14 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Anyone attending this needs sectioning, the most unappealing match in the calendar.

My first home mtch of the season ..... my only other match was carlisle away..... simple maths should tell you it aint gonna be pretty 

Players are out on the piss in London. 

Hopefully a few drunken home truths are said, a bit of rolling around ensues and we fly up the table on the back of it all. 

As opposed to the more likely outcome that Jonny Smith falls from dancing on a table & gets injured for the season and they’re all still rough as fuck come Saturday..... 

Archived