Crawley (H)

Moore? Seriously. crook. 

Corney - death by a thousand cuts and dodgy deals.

Al - clown.

For me, they've all been shit but in different ways. The current owner had a model that's taken us onto a whole different level, but we were getting ever closer under Corney. 

Anyway, a different question. Does anybody know how much money each of our previous (and present) owners invested/lost in/on the club? I haven't a clue, but it would an interesting comparison.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Shouldn’t we have had an uncontested drop rather than giving ball to Crawley?

If the ball hits an official on the field of play  the drop ball is uncontested and given to the team that last had possession. Law change for this season 
I thought a Latics player had last kicked it and if so we should have had it. 

All I can say is, have a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family.

Hope the players don't get too stuffed on turkey and that every one connected with the club, are as one come Boxing day.

The new manager at Morecambe has got em in training on Christmas day and after that game of two halves against Newport yesterday, this game is going to be far tougher than it would have been a few weeks back.

Safe journey over to the seaside and I'll revel in the sound of OWTB ringing out around the Globe.

25 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

I've only been to one away game (Gateshead) and it's the first League game I've attended since the home win against Walsall. Do I bring luck with me or was it the owl which flew across the front of the Joe Royle Stand during the first half? :mmm:

I’m glad someone else mentioned the owl. I thought I was seeing things. 

19 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

alot of players worked their arses of today, the two for me where Sylla and Desire... McCann and Maouche were a different class.. ive been critical of Maouche this season, but not today the ball sticks to his foot when hes in possession seems a little effortless.. You can tell McCann has played the game at a higher level very composed and again his ball control and anticipation are 2nd to none, we did well to bring him in... 

A win is a win. And to come back from one down is doubly pleasing.

it wasn’t a great match despite both side creating a large number of chances. The final score could have been much higher if both sets of forwards had had more composure in front of goal.

The work rate from Latics was high but the urgency was once again lacking. The team still appears to be playing with a fear of making mistakes - which leads to cautious and sometimes dull play. 

Defensively we we played well but there is too much backing off when opposing forwards (or fullbacks) run at us. This led to Crawley taking the lead. However it was a dogged performance at the back with Iacovitti the standout performer for me.

In the midfield there were good performances from the four - Sylla made a huge difference breaking up play, Smith was a constant threat (how good he would be if he improved his crossing of the ball), McCann is a classy player and Maouche had a good game, though he did get caught in possession too often yesterday; but he took his goal well.

And then there is our strike force...Azankpo worked hard as usual but missed two good chances. Akpro was clearly not well and was rightly subbed early on with Wilson improving as the game developed. Maybe his pass to our mercurial No.10 should have been cut out by the Crawley defender but he did well to spot the run all the same.

On to Morecambe. 

14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I hate to disappoint you mate but people like us won't be shutting up anytime soon. If you want to bury your head in the sand and think everything is fine then you go and do that. Ill just look at whats actually going on at the football club a win over Crawley changes very little in the long run.

And those who are staying away from BP because of  Abdallah will be on here complaining about the lack of quality signings made in jan.. Square pegs round holes, i think Dino is doing a good job with team performance and recruitment so far.. Role on morecambe.. merry Christmas 

Just now, League one forever said:

I do. 

It’s not. 

Merry Christmas. 

2 games coming up that are winnable .. the league table will look a whole lot different should we get 2 wins... plus always said it results dicatate attendances.. 

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

A win is a win. And to come back from one down is doubly pleasing.

it wasn’t a great match despite both side creating a large number of chances. The final score could have been much higher if both sets of forwards had had more composure in front of goal.

The work rate from Latics was high but the urgency was once again lacking. The team still appears to be playing with a fear of making mistakes - which leads to cautious and sometimes dull play. 

Defensively we we played well but there is too much backing off when opposing forwards (or fullbacks) run at us. This led to Crawley taking the lead. However it was a dogged performance at the back with Iacovitti the standout performer for me.

In the midfield there were good performance from the four - Sylla made a huge difference breaking up play, Smith was a constant threat (how good he would be if he improved his crossing of the ball), McCann is a classy player and Maouche had a good game, though he did get caught in possession too often yesterday; but he took his goal well.

And then there is our strike force...Azankpo worked hard as usual but missed two good chances. Akpro was clearly not well and was rightly subbed early on with Wilson improving as the game developed. Maybe his pass to our mercurial No.10 should have been cut out by the Crawley defender but he did well to spot the run all the same.

On to Morecambe. 

spot on good report.. Encouraging  thing for me , bounced back 2nd half from being 1-0 down, the desire and attitude aswell as commitment to the cause was there, hats off to dino and Assistant for whatever was said at half time.. I do like Mauoche when he has a game like he did yesterday,  and its obvious why Azankpo is picked by Dino and normally plays the full game to.. roll on Morecambe cant wait for it ! merry Christmas 

1 hour ago, astottie said:

Me too. Was it a barn owl?

There was a curlew in front of the Chaddy End one wet Tuesday night years ago.

It was a barn owl and in the past I've seen a bird of prey on the floodlights at the RRE.  On the way to Oldham yesterday I spotted two cormorants perched on top of a street lighting column and Mrs. S. said "does that mean two goals?".

It's got to be said that you only get glimpses of Eagles at BP.

55 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

2 games coming up that are winnable .. the league table will look a whole lot different should we get 2 wins... plus always said it results dicatate attendances.. 

😂 

What do you think the gate will be if we win those two games. . Do you think it will bring back the two thousand plus who have drifted away in the last 12/18 months?

If by some miracle we went a really a good run, (which would need our strikers to actually score) it still won’t bring people back in any big way. People’s views are to entrenched now. 

If the status Quo regarding the club continues, we’ll probably finish where we are now. Season tickets sales will hit all time low at the end of the season, and we’ll probably go down next year. our record under AL proves this. 

*I’m fully expecting your Barry in disguise ‘it’s all the fans fault’ reply.

49 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If by some miracle we went a really a good run, (which would need our strikers to actually score) it still won’t bring people back in any big way. People’s views are to entrenched now. 

Still plenty of floating supporters out there.

If there is some success then gates will increase, yes plenty of entrenched views but the poor performances on the pitch probably account for a greater proportion of stay away's than the moral outrage  group.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

If there is some success then gates will increase, yes plenty of entrenched views but the poor performances on the pitch probably account for a greater proportion of stay away's than the moral outrage  group.

The two things are directly linked despite the Lemmy fanboys trying to push otherwise.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Fans will come back when there's real hope and plenty of goals scored, I go back to 1960 when crowds of 5, 000 trebled after the signing of Bobby Johnstone, 

Stockport and Tranmere had it pretty rough for a few years. Anybody know what there averages gate were from 2012? Did their fans stay away in the same numbers? 

i understand why our fans have drifted. It's painful, but it would be interesting to see how similar clubs have done in terms of averages. Are we heading for something far worse? Or did their hard core remain loyal, no matter what the outrage? 

Interesting to hear the discussions pre Watford-Utd game. Pearson stated that the fans are the club. He was just a manager tasked with helping them with their club. The fans are the club. Hmmm. i agree. 

I'd say moral outrage is best expressed every home game with vociferous indignation. I haven't heard protest chants at home for a long time, not even what a load rubbish,'  sack the board' or 'we're shit and we're sick of it.' Nothing because you're all at home expressing your anger through a keyboard. Wow. 

Still, best we let the club die peacefully.

Abdallah has to be made to realise he can’t just do as he pleases with our club. If everyone continued to go to the games then I don’t think anything would change at all.

Attendances are down by over 1000 and next season will reduce further! IMO he will simply have to change if he wants to retain ownership but I don’t think he will.

I hope PTB have made him sit up and take notice that his statement about the fans being paramount isn’t just lip service it is fact.

I’ve been a loyal supporter for 60 years but at this moment in time I have lost nearly all interest. I don’t even celebrate when we score or get upset when we concede.

These 🤡🤡 are killing this club and I just cannot bring myself to financially support them any longer! I didn’t renew my season ticket for this season and will not buy another until they have gone!!

***********ABDALLAH OUT***********

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fans will come back when there's real hope and plenty of goals scored, I go back to 1960 when crowds of 5, 000 trebled after the signing of Bobby Johnstone, 

Nothing like a proper flair player to lift the spirit's, I'm 57 years of age and I still reminisce about Stainrod, palmer and Wylde from my era,

What I'd give for any one of that trio, right now

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

But they didn’t. 

Before Johnstone signed we had over 9000 for our previous home game and all other gates were between 6400 and 10860.

Johnstone did boost support but let’s not overegg the pudding - or expect something similar in much altered times. 

10 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

But they didn’t. 

Before Johnstone signed we had over 9000 for our previous home game and all other gates were between 6400 and 10860.

Johnstone did boost support but let’s not overegg the pudding - or expect something similar in much altered times. 

Crowds  in 1959 Pete please.

Archived